Ah, sun. 噢,太阳出来了
[Branch] Tommy basically said, “No hurry. I’m patient.”
Tommy 基本就是表述道:不急,我耐心极了
They’re going to get through it. Don’t freak out.
他们会通过的。别一惊一乍的
Don’t worry about the rest of the world that’s watching.
别管那个盯着你的世界
Let’s tune them out. It’s just you and me.
我们忘了他们。就关注你我
It became the two of them.
这就变成了两个搭档的世界
I think I have to try to front-step more,
我在想,要不要试试前跨步多一点
because when it comes time to step on that middle foot,
因为轮到走中间步伐时
I can’t front-step it or in-step it cos this foot’s in the way.
我就做不到前跨步,或者是叠跨步,因为这只脚挡住了路
A couple of your falls last time
上回,你摔下来的几次
were just cos you couldn’t find that right foot.
就是你没能找到放脚的正确位置
So even if it’s a little bit harder, it’s going to be better.
所以,即使更难,其实也会更好些
[Kevin] Tommy’s attitude helped take a bit of the pressure off.
Tommy的态度,帮助把压力卸去不少
But I was still gonna have to do the hardest thing I’ve ever done
但是,还是需要自己去完成平生最难的事
for this to end well.
去得到一个好结果
[TV] Trying to make history
试图开创历史
on one of the hardest climbs in the world.
这是世界上最难的一攀
TJ, what’s the story?
进展如何?
[TJ]Here’s the story.
故事在这儿
I’m only about 30 feet up, and I’ve called my momma twice.
我才上升了30英尺,已经给我妈打过两次电♥话♥了
Airight? Can you imagine?
好吧,你可以想象吗?
I’m on what’s called a portaledge
我正在所谓的悬空帐篷里
that’s secured to this wall.
它扣在墙里
These two climbers are using one of these
他们两位攀岩者就是用这法子
secured to a flat surface.
扣出一块平整的面
They’re having to sleep on one of these things,
他们要睡在这平面上
for weeks possibly, trying to make an impossible climb.
或许,好几个星期。这样来完成不可能的攀岩
And me? I have holds here I can use to climb the wall.
我呢,我抓住这儿就可以爬墙了
[Reporter] Scaling the jagged cliff known as El Capitan…
沿着崎岖的El Capitan的悬崖而上……..
[Becca] Who is that, Fitz?
Fitz,这是谁呀?
-Daddy. -[Becca]Daddy.
爹爹。。。。爹爹
Getting on the airplane.
登机了
Fitz and I have been home
我和Fitz在家里
waiting for our moment to get on a plane and get out here.
等着飞机过来的时候
And it’s finally come. We’re here.
终于到了。我们来啦
Hey, Fitz, do you see way up high on El Cap?
嗨,Fitz,你能看到El Cap上面的路吗?
-Yeah. 能
-Yeah? Can you see Daddy? 能呀?那你能看到爹爹吗?
[Tommy] After failing for so many years,
这么多年,有多次摔下来的时候
there was times when I definitely felt like giving up.
我肯定有过放弃的想法
But it was actually Becca who helped me to keep going.
但Becca一直鼓舞我走下去
[Becca] Seeing him in his element,
看到他进入状态
I saw this focus and this purpose.
我看到这种专注和目标
I really respected him.
我尊重他
And we fell in love.
也彼此相爱
[Tommy] Becca became my biggest supporter.
Becca 成了我最大的支持者
[Becca] We got married.
我们结婚了
And then we got pregnant shortly after.
很快就怀孕了
Hi.
[Tommy] We had a little boy named Fitz.
有了一个男孩 , Fitz
[Becca] Hi. Fitz.
[Tommy] The first day that I had this little baby in my arms,
当我第一次手抱这个小宝贝时
I was overcome with the emotion.
真是激动万分
I thought, how am I going to be a good example to Fitz?
我在想,怎样做Fitz的榜样?
How great it is to be a CaIdwell boy.
成为Caldwell家的孩子真是很棒
[Becca] Tommy had always viewed his dad as a superhero,
Tommy 一直把父亲看成是超级英雄
and he wanted to be a superhero for Fitz.
他也期待自己成为Fitz的超级英雄
[Tommy] I wanted Fitz to look at me with that same sort of awe.
我希望Fitz看着我的时候,也用一种起敬的眼神
I wanted to show Fitz how to be passionate…
我想要展示给Fitz如何具有热诚
Boom! 拼
…and how to dream big.
……. 如何怀有大梦想
He already does.
他已经学会了
[Tommy] The Dawn Wall embodied that.
黎明墙就是象征
And so it made me want it even more.
所以它令我更加渴望
[Becca] I told him, you can’t stop now.
我和他说,你不能现在就停下来
You have to do everything to make this happen.
你要去尽力实现它
[Tommy] One, two, three, four, five.
[Kevin] Sometimes you zoom out
有时,你退出来
and you think about what a process it’s been,
去想,这是一个怎样的过程
this wild six-year journey with Tommy.
和Tommy在一起的狂野六年征程
[Becca] Did Kevin start already?
Kevin已经出发了吗?
[Kevin] And now here we are
现在我们来了
at the moment of truth.
一个真实的时间
[Gail] And we’ve just been mesmerized.
我们像被催眠了
Hard to put into words something so big.
难以用言语形容
He’s not going to give up.
他不会放弃的
[Tommy] I couldn’t imagine
我无法想象
what he must have been going through at that moment.
那一刻他经历什么样的心情
[Kevin]I don’t remember the first 50 feet of that pitch.
我都记不得绳距最初的50尺
[Tommy I watched him go into the section
看着他走到那一块地方
where he had fallen so many times.
那块他摔下去N次的地方
I just hold my breath.
我摒住呼吸
[Kevin] You pull as hard as you can.
尽力拉着自己
Move your feet.
移♥动♥脚步
Argh 啊
You’re just trying not to tip over backwards.
脚尖必须尽力不往后移
Put the heel on.
把足跟拉上
Slide the hand up.
手掌翻上去
Take the heel off.
放下足跟
Drop the right hand in.
放入右手
Heel back on.
回进足跟
Left hand down.
左手放下
Heart rate starts to go up.
心律加快
[Tommy] My adrenaline starts going cos he’s still hanging on
我的肾上腺素都升高起来,因为他还挂在那儿
in this place that he had fallen so many times.
挂在这块他摔倒N次的地方
[Tommy] Yeah, Kevin!
不错,Kevin
Yeah! 耶呼
Yes! 对了
[Crowd cheering]
[Tommy] Watching him do it, I was just awestruck.
眼望他成功,我都肃然起敬了
I was like, I can’t believe that just happened.
我就是,嗯,我不敢相信刚才发生的
He did it.
他成功了
Freaking guy actually did this thing, right?
崩溃孩子终于成功了,对不对?
You’re like, “What?”
你表现成: 啥?
[Reporter 1] After seven days,
七天以后
Jorgeson got past the most difficult…
Jorgeson 终于穿越过
[Reporter 2]Past the toughest section of the climb.
攀岩中最艰难的部位
[Branch] Yes, he made it.
是的,他成功了
And now it’s upward.
剩下来就是往上进发
And you start thinking, are his fingers OK? Can he do 16, 17?
你也会想,他手指还行吗? 能不能穿过16、17 绳距
Is this over yet?
这完了吗?
[Kevin] I had just finished the hardest pitch of my life,
我才完成了一生中最难的绳距
and I couldn’t even celebrate.
还不到庆祝的时候
I just need to catch up.
要追赶上去
[Long] The next pitch is this big Dyno
下一绳距就是大大的Dino 绳距
that’s so hard that Tommy can’t do it,
即使当时Tommy都没能做到的那个绳距
he’s got to climb around it.
他是绕圈上去的
[Kevin] There’s no way in hell
没一点儿门
that I’m going to try Tommy’s crazy loop pitch.
我会去试试Tommy那个怪异的环形绳距
So that same night I start trying the 8 and 1/2 foot Dyno.
所以,同一个夜里,我开始尝试 Dyno 绳距的
Argh! 啊啊
[Groaning]
Yeah! 耶哈
[Long] Kevin, through some kind of magic or levitation,
Kevin,依靠某种神奇或者是浮力
actually does this Dyno that Tommy was never able to do.
居然用Tommy没法完成的动作,把Dyno 拿下来了
-[Tommy] So good. 棒极了
-[Reporter 1] Tonight, Kevin… 今晚,Kevin
[Reporter 2]…now just a few hundred feet behind Caidwell.
只落在Tommy Caidwell后面几百英尺了
[Kevin] All these hard pitches just keep coming.
后面的超难绳距一一露面
17. 18. 19.
[Groansl
[Tommy] It was like a fight to the death.
它就像是与死神的搏斗
-[Kevin] Oh, no.不要
-[Brett] Rock! 岩块呀
That is a bad hold to rip off.
抓握错误,就功亏一篑
Oh, man. 呕,老兄
[Tommy]I think it’s a lot harder now.
我想现在还是挺难的
That didn’t take him too long to figure it out.
他没多久就明白了
[Brett] Nice, KJ! 赞一个,Kevin
[Tommy] It’s just a little more tension.
有点紧张感
Like we need more of that on this route.
好比我们在这条路径上需要这些似的