One-nil!
1比0
Coming in, number two!
球进啦 2号♥
This is what’s wrong with the play.
这就是比赛中的骚乱
Bye-bye, Hunter.
再见了 亨特
Bremner!
布莱姆
So it’s sheer bedlam.
真是乱作一团
Oh, dear.
天哪
And now what? More trouble off the ball.
现在又如何 与足球无关的麻烦更多了
This match has been riddled with free kicks…
从一开始 这场比赛充斥着
from the start.
任意球(犯规)
Leeds have got what they deserved.
利兹联队的努力有了收获
They’ve taken the FA Cup for the first time.
他们第一次捧起了足总杯的冠军奖杯
Domarski coming up square, number 10.
多玛斯基迅速插上 10号♥
And it’s there. And England are out of the World Cup.
球进啦 英格兰无缘世界杯
The end of an era, Sir Alf Ramsey.
主帅阿尔夫·拉姆西的时代终结了
What sort of manager is the FA now looking for?
足协会找怎样的主帅呢
I presume a new… A young…
我认为是一个新的 年轻的
With perhaps new ideas and a track – suited manager.
有着新观念 适合在绿茵场从业的主教练
Thank you.
谢谢
I’m just gonna make a brief statement.
我只想做一个简短的声明
Yesterday afternoon at 3:00…
昨天下午三点
I accepted the FA’s offer to become…
我接受了足协的邀请
the next manager of the England national football team.
成为了下一任英格兰队的主教练
Now, obviously, this involves me leaving Leeds United…
显而易见 这致使我在13个幸福与成功的年头后
after 13 happy and successful years…
离开利兹联俱乐部
which makes me very sad.
这令我悲伤不已
I’d like to think I built the club into a family.
我认为 我打造的俱乐部就像个大家庭
Now, there must be sadness when anyone leaves a family.
任何一位成员离开 都会令人悲伤
However…
然而
when one man leaves, another steps into his place.
旧去新来
I know who I think that person should be…
我心里已经有了
the man to replace me.
接替我的人选
And I have made my feelings clear to the board of directors.
我已经把我的想法清楚的传达给了董事会
Thank you. No further comments.
谢谢 言尽于此
Someone from the team? Billy Bremner?
是队里的人吗 是比利·布莱姆吗
Is it someone from Leeds’ team, Mr. Revie?
是利兹联队里的人吗 里维先生
Give us a name, Mr. Revie. Giles?
他叫什么 里维先生 是伊莱斯吗
Is it Johnny Giles? Is it Johnny Giles?
是不是强尼·伊莱斯 是强尼·伊莱斯吗
Can you give us a name, Mr. Revie? Can you give us a name?
他叫什么 里维先生 他叫什么
When are we there? Any moment now. On the right.
我们什么时候到 随时 在右边
There it is! It’s there, Dad!
到啦 就在那儿 老爸
Where are you going?
你要去哪儿
Brian! Brian!
布莱恩 布莱恩
Stop!
停车
Dad? You missed it.
老爸 你开过了
There’s something else to do first.
先干点儿其他事
It won’t take long.
不会太久
Today we welcome Brian Clough who starts his job as manager of Leeds United…
让我们欢迎利兹联队新任主教练布莱恩·克拉夫
taking over from Don Revie…
唐·里维的继任者
the most successful manager in club history…
俱乐部历史上最成功的主教练
under whom Leeds won everything. Not quite everything.
在他的带领下利兹联队战无不胜 不尽然
Not won the European Cup.
没有赢得欧洲杯
But pretty much everything else.
但其它都赢了
Daunted? Daunted? Not at all, Austin.
沮丧吗 沮丧 一点也不 奥斯丁
Looking forward to it.
正在翘首以待
The biggest challenge of your life…
你人生中最大的挑战
and you’ll be without Peter Taylor for the first time…
你将首次没有皮特·泰勒的帮助
a lifelong professional colleague.
他是你终生的职业伙伴
Yes, Pete’s at Brighton now.
– 是的 皮特如今在布莱顿
He had the opportunity to come with me.
他有机会与我合作的
But Brighton was his choice, Leeds was mine.
但他选择了布莱顿 我选择了利兹
A surprising choice, some might say…
一个惊人的选择 一些人也许会说
because you’ve been very vocal…
在你往年对他们的评判中
in your criticism of them over the years.
你一直都直言不讳
I have.
没错
You’ve accused the players of dirty tactics…
你指控过球员搞阴谋诡计
cheating, dissent, foul play.
欺骗 抗♥议♥ 不公平竞争
You’ve called Norman Hunter Norman ” Bites Yer Legs” Hunter.
你把诺曼·亨特叫成诺曼 “咬你大腿” 亨特
You’ve said Peter Lorimer falls when no one touches him.
你说过 皮特·罗林姆在无人触碰他的情况下摔倒
And I was right. But I’m curious.
我说对了 但我很好奇
Why do you now show such alacrity to joining them…
你为何在对他们长♥期♥指责后
after such vituperative criticism of them for so long?
却如此欣然地加入这只队伍
Goodness. It will take me half an hour to explain all those words for a start.
天哪 从头说起要花我半小时的时间
Football is a beautiful game, Austin.
足球是一项美好的比赛 奥斯丁
It needs to be played beautifully.
它需要被”美好”地诠释
I think Leeds have sold themselves short.
我认为利兹太自贬身价了
They’ve been champions, but they’ve not been good champions.
他们是冠军 但他们不是个好冠军
In the sense of wearing the crown well. They’ve not been loved.
就加冕冠军而言 他们并未得到爱戴
But then, you know, that’s hardly surprising given…
但是 就他们的运作模式而言
the type of operation that’s been in place there.
这种结果就不足为奇了
“That type of operation”? I presume you’re referring to Don Revie…
运作模式 我认为你指的是唐·里维
who has long been regarded as a father figure in Leeds.
他在利兹联队被尊崇为父亲的角色
Now you’re coming in as the outsider the enemy,
如今你以外部人 甚至敌人的身份闯入
even, after all the things you’ve said in public.
毕竟是你向公众作出了那些评价
Coming in and taking over as a stepfather.
来到这里 如继父般接手球队
Wouldn’t you expect some degree of resentment to this?
你认为这会导致不满情绪吗
I would accept…
我更愿意接受
and expect a strangeness…
并认为是陌生感
initially.
最初
Perfectly normal.
这很正常
But it won’t be long before they realise I’m a fair man…
但不久他们就会意识到 我是一个公正
a kind man.
善良
I’m a warm man.
热心的人
And maybe under me…
也许在我的管理下
they can experience what it’s like to be in a happy family after all.
他们能体验到什么是快乐的家庭
But how can you be sure they weren’t happy with Don all along?
但你怎么知道他们一直与唐相处的不快
Well, they wouldn’t have played football that way if they were happy.
假如他们快乐 他们就不会那样踢球
Brian! Brian!
布莱恩 布莱恩
Brian! Brian!
布莱恩 布莱恩
Hey, get out of the way!
别挡路
Now, out you go, lads.
出来吧 小伙子
Where have you been? The directors been waiting for over an hour.
你去哪儿了 董事们等了一个多小时了
Brian, what’s it like to be at Leeds?
布莱恩 在利兹的感觉如何
It’s a pleasure to be here…
很荣幸能来这里
and I’m looking forward to a very good…
我很期待
long – lasting relationship with Leeds United.
与利兹联队能有好 持久的合作
There you go, young man. Thanks very much.
好了 小伙子 十分感谢
Will Peter Taylor be joining you at Leeds, Mr. Clough?
皮特·泰勒会加入利兹联队吗 克拉夫先生
Wait there a second.
在那儿等会儿
Wait here a minute. Morning, lads.
稍等 早上好 小伙子们
Lovely Yorkshire weather.
约克郡的天气真好
It makes me wanna jump on a plane right back to Majorca.
让我真想马上乘飞机飞回马略卡
Thank you very much Gentlemen.
谢谢 先生们
There are very important people waiting.
有很重要的人在等我
Can’t keep them waiting.
不能让他们久等了
Not much of a welcome, is it?
不太欢迎我 是吗
Not a smile from Johnny Giles. You’re 5 days late.
强尼·伊莱斯脸上没有一丝笑容 你迟到了5天
And did you really have to say that about Majorca?
你就非提马略卡不可吗
He was Revie’s first choice to get your job.
他可是里维接替你职位的首要人选
Who? Johnny Giles? Aye.
谁 强尼·伊莱斯吗 是的
Was he now?
曾是他吗
And Bremner?
布莱姆呢
Club captain.
俱乐部队长
Don’s son and heir.
唐的子嗣
You’ll never get any love out of him.
你很难博得他的喜爱
Great. Come on, boys.
很好 来吧 孩子们
Here’s to happy fucking families.
这就是该死的欢乐大家庭
It should be just round here.
应该就在附近
I want you two to behave for your elderly Uncle Jimmy, all right?
我希望你们俩好好跟着奥斯丁叔叔 好吗
See you. Come in, Brian.
再见 进来 布莱恩