晚安 宝贝 再来哦
Good night, sweetie. Come back now.
钱能买♥♥到一切
Things money can buy you.
外面脏
It’s nasty out.
要搭车吗?
Can I offer you a ride somewhere?
您真是太好了 先生
Well, that’s awfully kind of you, sir.
我叫托马斯 托马斯·巴顿
My name is Thomas, Thomas Button.
-我叫本杰明 -本杰明
-I’m Benjamin. -Benjamin.
很高兴认识你
It’s a pleasure to know you.
愿意停下去喝杯吗?
Would you like to stop somewhere and have a drink?
好啊
All right.
晚上好 巴顿先生
Evening, Mr. Button.
要点什么 先生?
What’ll it be, sir?
-跟他一样 -给我们都来萨泽拉克鸡尾酒
-I’ll have whatever he’s having. -Sazerac for the both of us.
加威士忌 不要白兰地
With whiskey, not brandy.
你不喝酒?
You don’t drink, do you?
-今晚什么都是第一次啊 -怎么说?
-It’s a night for firsts. -How’s that?
以前从没找过妓♥女♥
I’ve never been to a brothel, either.
这是种经历
Well, it’s an experience.
当然 凡事总有第一次
It certainly is. There’s a time for everything.
-没错 -你们的酒
-True enough. -Your drinks.
恕我冒昧 你的手 痛吗?
I don’t mean to be rude, but your hands. Is that painful?
我生来就有些病
Well, I was born with some form of disease.
什么病?
What kind of disease?
我天生就是老头
I was born old.
-抱歉 -没关系
-I’m sorry. -No need to be.
年老没什么错
There’s nothing wrong with old age.
我妻子多年前去世了
My wife passed away many years ago.
非常抱歉
I’m so, so sorry.
难产死的
She died in childbirth.
-敬孩子 -敬母亲
-To children. -To mothers.
你干哪行的 巴顿先生?
What line of work you in, Mr. Button?
纽扣 巴顿纽扣公♥司♥ 我们生产各类纽扣
Buttons. Button’s Buttons. There isn’t a button that we don’t make.
我们最大的竞争对手是B.F.富善公♥司♥
Our biggest competition is B.F. Goodrich
还有他们该死的拉链
and his infernal zippers.
先生们还要来点什么吗?
Would you gentlemen like anything else?
再来杯上路 本杰明?
One for the road, Benjamin?
这次算我的 巴顿先生
Only if you let me pay for it, Mr. Button.
那你是干哪行的?
So, what line of work do you do?
我是个拖船工人
I’m a tugboat man.
跟你聊天很开心
I enjoyed talking to you.
跟你喝酒也很开心
I enjoyed drinking with you.
本杰明?
Benjamin?
我可以不时过来看看你吗?
Would you mind if, time to time, I stopped by and said hello?
随时欢迎 晚安 巴顿先生
Anytime. Good night, Mr. Button.
晚安 本杰明
Good night, Benjamin.
开车
Drive on.
你去哪了?
Where have you been?
没什么 遇到了个人 听了会音乐
Nothing. I met some people and listened to some music.
哦 天啊 孩子!
Oh, sweet Jesus, boy!
长大是件很有意思的事 不经意间就发生了
Growing up’s a funny thing. Sneaks up on you.
本来是这样一个人 然后突然间变成了另一个人
One person is there, then suddenly somebody else has taken her place.
不再是原来那样子
She wasn’t all elbows and knees anymore.
本杰明! 过来!
Benjamin! Come on!
来了
Okay.
我喜欢那些周末 她会来这里
I loved those weekends when she’d come
和她的奶奶共度晚上
and spend the night with her grandmother.
黛西 黛西
Daisy. Daisy.
给你看些东西?
You want to see something?
不过你得保密 快穿好衣服 我在外面等你
You gotta keep it a secret, so get dressed. I’ll meet you out back.
快点
Come on.
-你会游泳吗? -你会的我也会
-Can you swim? -I can do anything you can do.
给 穿上 我们得动作快点
Here, put this on. We gotta hurry.
他还好吗?
Is he okay?
船长?
Captain?
迈克船长?
Captain Mike?
早上好 船长 能带我们出海吗?
Morning, Captain. Can you take us out?
知道今天星期几吗?
Do you know what day it is?
星期天?
Sunday?
知道那表示什么吗?
Do you know what that means?
意味着我昨晚喝醉了
Means I was very drunk last night.
你哪天不喝醉
Well, you’re drunk every night.
-是个女孩? -好朋友
-Is that a girl? -Close friend.
我想带她看河
I want to show her the river.
你别偷偷带外人出海
You’re not supposed to go joyriding with civilians.
我会丢掉执照的
I could lose my license.
你还等什么?
What are you waiting for?
要进站维修了
Pulled in for repair a wounded duck.
她在飞了 哈?
She’s flying now, huh?
喂 水手!
Ahoy, sailor!
真希望能和他们一起去
I wish we could go with them.
你在说什么 妈妈?
Did you say something, Mom?
天气越来越糟
It’s getting really bad.
能听见吗 妈妈?
Can you hear me, Mom?
我没多少时间了
Time just seeped out of me.
“变化太快”
“Things were changing quickly.”
不知怎么回事 可你的头发多了
I don’t know how it’s possible, but you seem to have more hair.
要是我告诉你我没有变老
What if I told you that I wasn’t getting older,
而是变得更年轻了呢?
but I was getting younger than everybody else?
那真不幸
Well, I’d feel sorry for you,
你必须看着你爱的人先你而去
to have to see everybody you love die before you do.
真是可怕的责任
It’s an awful responsibility.
我以前从没想过生死
I’d never thought about life or death that way before.
本杰明 我们命中注定要失去所爱之人
Benjamin, we’re meant to lose the people we love.
不然我们怎么知道 他们在我们生命中有多重要?
How else would we know how important they are to us?
秋天的一天 死神不期而至
And one fall day, a familiar visitor came knocking on our door.
跟我一起去杂货店吗?
You want to go with me to the drugstore?
她教我弹钢琴
She taught me how to play the piano.
-阿门 -阿门
-Amen. -Amen.
她让我明白了失去一个人的感觉
And she taught me what it meant to miss somebody.
走吧
Let’s go.
我去过妓院
I had gone to a brothel.
我喝过酒
I’d had my first drink.
跟一个朋友道别 跟另一个朋友永别
Said goodbye to one friend and buried another.
1936年我人生的第17个年末
In 1936, when I was coming to the end of the 17th year of my life,
我收拾了行装跟大家告别
I packed my bag, said goodbye.
-再见 本杰明 -再见
-Bye, Benjamin. -Goodbye.
我知道 生活仍将继续 也许我再也见不到他们了
I knew, life being what it was, I’d probably never see them again.
再见 本杰明先生
Bye, Mr. Benjamin.
-祝你好运 儿子 -谢谢
-Good luck to you, son. -Thank you.
-我爱你 妈妈 -我也爱你 宝贝
-I love you, Mama. -I love you, too, baby.
别忘了每晚做祈祷 好吗?
I want you to say your prayers every night, hear?
平平安安的 听见了吗?
Be safe, hear?
本杰明!
Benjamin!
-你去哪? -出海
-Where you going? -To sea.
我会给你寄明信片的
I’ll send you a postcard.
无论在哪
From everywhere.
无论在哪都要给我寄明信片
Write me a postcard from everywhere.
你能想象吗?
Can you imagine?
无论他去哪 在什么地方工作
He sent me a postcard from everywhere he went.
都会给我寄明信片
Every place he worked.
纽芬兰 巴芬湾
Newfoundland. Baffin Bay.
格拉斯哥 利物浦 纳尔维克
Glasgow. Liverpool. Narvik.
他和迈克船长一起去的
He had gone with that Captain Mike.
迈克船长和莫兰兄弟拖船打捞公♥司♥
Captain Mike had contracted for three years
签了3年的合约
with Moran Brothers Tug and Salvage.
旧船装上了柴油机和新的绞车
The old ship had been refitted with a diesel engine and a new sea winch.
我们绕过了佛罗里达 沿着大西洋海岸北上
We went around Florida and up the Atlantic seaboard.
船上现在有7名船员了 迈尔船长和我
We were a crew of seven now. Captain Mike and me.
厨师 来自特拉华州威灵顿的普兰提斯·梅斯
Cookie, Prentiss Mayes from Wilmington, Delaware.
布罗迪双胞胎 里克和维克
The Brody twins, Rick and Vic,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!