走吧 我约了人
Come, I have an appointment.
我的小家伙来了 准备好了吗 宝贝?
There’s my little man. You ready, sugar?
时刻准备着 时刻准备着
Always ready. Always ready.
菲拉门娜 本杰明先生
Filamena, Mr. Benjamin.
-很高兴见到你 先生 -我的荣幸 夫人
-It’s a pleasure to meet you, sir. -My pleasure, ma’am.
你认得路回家 对吗?
You can find your own way home, can’t you?
乘圣查尔斯线到拿破仑路
Take the St. Charles line to Napoleon.
嘿! 嘿!
Hey! Hey!
你到底去哪了? 进来
Where in God’s name have you been? Get in here.
我急死了 知道吗?
I mean, you take my breath away, you know that?
哦 天啊 我担心死了
Oh, Lord, I was so worried about you.
这是我过得最开心的一天
It had been the best day of my life.
-她的呼吸情况如何? -很微弱
-How’s her breathing? -It’s shallow.
他们几小时后会到
They say it’ll reach us in a few hours,
所以我得把我孩子带到姐姐那去
so I gotta get my baby and take him to my sister’s.
他们说医院里没什么好担心的
They say there’s nothing to worry about here in the hospital.
若需要 护士会马上过来 你还好吧?
Nurses’ll be right here if you need them. Are you okay?
-没事 我可以读书 -一小时内我就会回来
-Yeah, I’m okay reading. -I shouldn’t be more than an hour.
有人来陪了吗?
Was there just company?
是桃乐茜要走了
It was just Dorothy leaving.
继续 卡罗琳
Go on, Caroline.
“星期天 所有的家人都会来”
“On Sundays, the families would come and visit.”
那是1930年的感恩节
It was Thanksgiving, 1930.
我遇见了那个改变我一生的人
I met the person who changed my life forever.
本杰明
Well, Benjamin.
你看上去真是出奇地年轻啊
Might I say you are looking strikingly youthful.
你好 富勒太太
Good day, Mrs. Fuller.
一根拐杖 背也直了
A single cane, back straight as an arrow.
你吃了什么灵丹妙药?
What elixir have you been drinking?
-谢谢 夫人 -奶奶! 看看我!
-Thank you, ma’am. -Grandma! Look at me!
真不错
That was really something.
快过来
Come on over here, you.
这是我孙女 黛西
Now, this is my granddaughter, Daisy.
这位是…
This is Mr…
不好意思 本杰明 我还不知道你姓什么
I’m afraid, Benjamin, I don’t rightly know your last name.
叫我本杰明就行了
Benjamin’s fine.
我永远忘不了她那双蓝眼睛
I never forgot her blue eyes.
各位 晚餐准备好了
Good people, supper is served.
为了健康和食物 为了爱和友谊 为了上帝赐予的一切
Health and food, for love and friends. For everything thy goodness sends.
阿门
Amen.
-阿门! -阿门!
-Amen! -Amen!
你们知道火鸡并不是鸟吗?
Did you know turkeys aren’t really birds?
怎么说?
Why do you say that?
他们属于雉科 基本不会飞
They’re in the pheasant family, can’t hardly fly.
不觉得这很可怜吗? 不会飞的鸟?
It’s sad, don’t you think? Birds that can’t fly?
我喜欢不会飞的鸟
I love birds that can’t fly.
非常美味
They are so delicious.
-你太坏了 -在我们向主感谢恩赐之时
-That’s terrible. -I have something to tell y’all
我有件事要宣布
while we’re giving thanks for God’s blessings.
奇迹在我身上发生了
I had a miracle happen.
主回应了我的祈祷
The Lord saw fit to answer my prayers.
什么叫回应了她的祈祷?
What does she mean, answered her prayers?
谢谢 谢谢
Thanks. Thank you.
她有孩子了 傻瓜
She’s gonna have a baby, silly.
我妈妈怀上弟弟的时候也这么说过
That’s what my mama said when I was gonna have a baby brother,
可他没活多久
but he didn’t live long,
因为他的呼吸有问题
’cause he didn’t breathe right.
“下午他长出了漂亮的后腿
“In the afternoon, when he had got his beautiful hind legs
“就如大神农答应过的
“just as Big God Nqong had promised.
“时间正好是5点
“You can see that it is 5:00,
“大神农的钟上就是这样”
“because Big God Nqong’s clock says so.”
很神奇吧?
Isn’t that something?
再讲一遍
Again, read it again.
哦 再讲一遍吧
Oh, read it again, please.
好吧 不过讲完之后 你们必须去睡觉
All right. But afterwards, you must go to bed.
我保证
I promise.
“老袋鼠”
“Old Man Kangaroo.”
你睡着了吗?
Are you sleeping?
谁?
Who’s that?
是我 黛西
It’s me, Daisy.
哦 嗨!
Oh, hi!
过来
‘Kay, come on.
我们去哪?
Where are we going?
来 到这下面
Come on. Under here.
给 把这点上
Here, you light it.
我不该玩火柴
I’m not supposed to play with matches.
别那么胆小 快点
Don’t be a chicken. Light it.
我跟你说个秘密 你也跟我说个
I’ll tell you a secret if you’ll tell me one.
好啊
Okay.
我看见我妈妈吻了一个男人
I saw my mama kissing another man.
她脸都红了
Her face was red from it.
该你了
Your turn.
我并没有看上去那么老
I’m not as old as I look.
我也这么觉得
I thought so.
你不像个老人
You don’t seem like an old person.
-比如我奶奶那样 -没错
-Like my grandma. -I’m not.
你病了?
Are you sick?
我听见妈妈和蒂奇私下聊天
Well, I heard Mama and Tizzy whispering.
他们说我活不久了 但或许又不是
They said I was gonna die soon, but maybe not.
你真奇怪
You’re odd.
你和我见过的人不一样
You’re different than anybody I’ve ever met.
-可以吗? -当然
-May I? -Okay.
你们在下面干嘛?
What are you doing under there?
快回床上去!
You come right out here and get back up to bed!
都大半夜了!
It’s after midnight!
不可以再一起玩了
You are not to be playing together.
是 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
快回床上去 小姑娘
Now you get back to bed, little lady.
你还太小 半夜不能一个人出来乱跑
You’re too young to be wandering around in the night on your own.
还有你该为自己感到羞愧
And you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
你跟别的小孩不一样
You are a different child.
有着大人外表 却还是个孩子
A man-child.
孩子 别人是不会明白你的不一样的
And, baby, people aren’t gonna understand just how different you are.
我怎么了 妈妈?
What’s wrong with me, Mama?
过来
Come here.
上帝也没说 孩子
God hasn’t said yet, baby.
快回床上 好吗? 乖点
Now go on to bed, hear? And behave yourself.
去吧 别忘了祈祷 听见了吗?
Go on. Say your prayers, hear?
我跟你说过我曾被闪电击过7次吗?
Did I ever tell you I’ve been struck by lightning seven times?
一次是在修屋顶
Once when I was repairing a leak on the roof.
一次是在过马路取信
Once I was just crossing the road to get the mail.
我永远忘不了她那双…
I never forgot her…
“…蓝眼睛”
“…blue eyes.”
妈妈?
Mom?
这个本杰明是不是对你一见钟情啊?
Did you get that this Benjamin loved you from the first time that he saw you?
很少人会有这种经历
Not many people experience that.
要我继续吗?
Want me to go on?
他划掉了一些
He crosses something out.
那个孩子到来后 一切变得不同了
When that baby came, things were different.
你妈妈走了 你♥爸♥爸还在
Your mama gone away And your daddy gonna stay
孩子也在
Didn’t leave nobody but the baby
有人出生 有人死亡
Babies were born, people died.
许多人进出过那所老房♥子
A lot of folks been through that old house.
我是来道别的 我要走了
I’ve come to say goodbye. I’m going away.
走?
Going?
去哪?
Where?
还没想好
I haven’t figured that out yet,
不过我会给你寄明信片
but I’ll send you a postcard when I get there.
你的朋友怎么办 那个高个子的女人?
What about your friend, the tall lady?
我们已经不是朋友了
We are not friends anymore.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!