-我一会就去 詹姆森小姐! -快 奎尼 快来
-I’ll be right there, Miss Jameson! -Now, Queenie, now come on.
好吧 奎尼马上过来
Okay, Queenie’ll be right there.
外面太舒服了
It’s awful nice out here.
出来透透气 别想那些事了
Come on out back for a moment. Take your mind off things.
你好坏
You’re so bad.
-上帝啊? -这是什么?
-What in God’s name? -What’s this?
哦 上帝保佑
Oh, the Lord done something here.
希望我没踩伤他
Hope I didn’t hurt it none stepping on it like that.
我们最好交给警♥察♥处理
We best leave that for the police.
可怜的孩子
Poor baby.
我去找警♥察♥
I’ll go.
肯定没人愿意收留他 来 宝贝
It’s for sure nobody wanted to keep it. Come on, baby.
奎尼? 你在哪 奎尼?
Queenie? Where are you, Queenie?
憋着! 你去看下
Hold your water! You go deal with it.
好吧 不 你去 我马上就来
Okay. No, go, I’ll be back.
奎尼 苹果她憋不住又尿了一身!
Queenie, Apple, she went and messed herself all over again!
简·查尔里斯 给她洗洗!
Jane Childress, start her a bath!
管好你自己的事 杜普雷太太
And mind your own business, Mrs. Duprey.
再没多久你也一团糟了
You’ll be messing yourself soon enough.
有人偷了我的项链
Somebody stole my necklace.
好的 知道了 霍利斯特太太 我一会就来 好吗?
Okay. All right, Mrs. Hollister, I’ll be right with you, okay?
回楼上去 听见了吗?
Go on back upstairs, hear?
你丑的像只旧罐子
You are as ugly as an old pot
可你仍是上帝的孩子
but you’re still a child of God.
奎尼 你不在苹果她不肯洗澡!
Queenie, Apple, she won’t take a bath without you!
饶了我吧
Mercy.
我马上就来!
I’ll be right there!
好了 你就在这等我 好吗?
Okay. You just wait right here for me now, okay?
我姐姐给了我那条珍珠项链 我怎么也找不到
My sister gave me those pearls. I can’t find them anywhere.
-有人偷了我的珠宝
-Somebody’s been stealing my jewelry.
-这这呢 霍利斯特夫人 看见了吗?
-They’re right here, Mrs. Hollister. See?
就挂在你那雪白漂亮的脖子上 好了 都别吵了
Right around your pretty white neck. Now, come on. Hush all that noise.
-罗斯医生还在这吗? -不知道
-Is Dr. Rose still here? -I don’t know.
你的心脏很健康
Your heart is strong.
只要避免过度刺♥激♥
You just want to avoid any undue stimulation.
我相信各位女士会照看好他的?
I trust you ladies will help me out with that?
我有事找您 您能下楼来一趟吗?
I have something. Could you come downstairs?
从没见过 白内障导致几乎失明
Never seen anything like it. Nearly blind from cataracts.
我不确定他能不能听见 从骨骼看他有严重的关节炎
I’m not sure if he can hear. His bones indicate severe arthritis.
他的皮肤完全没有弹性 手脚都硬化了
His skin has lost all elasticity, and his hands and feet are ossified.
他的身体正在衰退 衰弱 一点都不像新生儿
He shows all the deterioration, the infirmities, not of a newborn,
更像是个80多岁行将踏进坟墓的老人
but of a man well in his 80s on his way to the grave.
他会死吗?
He’s dying?
生活还没开始 他的身体就不行了
His body is failing him before his life’s begun.
他从哪来?
Where’d he come from?
我姐姐的孩子 从拉斐特来(美国城市) 她遭遇了不幸
My sister’s child. From Lafayette. She had an unfortunate adventure.
可怜的孩子 真是太不幸了 还是个白人
The poor child, he got the worst of it. Come out white.
有些地方专门收留这样的弃儿 奎尼
There are places for unwanted babies like these, Queenie.
这儿没地方再养一张嘴了
No room for another mouth to feed here.
尽管诺兰基金会出于好意
The Nolan Foundation, despite their good intentions,
可他们还是觉得这地方是个大♥麻♥烦
thinks this place is a large nuisance as it is.
-一个孩子… -你刚说他活不长
-A baby… -You said he don’t have long.
-一个孩子… -你刚说他活不长
-A baby… -You said he don’t have long.
奎尼 有些生物注定无法存活
Queenie, some creatures aren’t meant to survive.
不 这个孩子 他是个奇迹 这是肯定的
No, this baby, he is a miracle. That’s for certain.
可惜不是那种大家期盼的奇迹
Just not the kind of miracle one hopes to see.
大家听着 都听好了
Y’all listen. Y’all listen up here.
我们有一位客人
We’re gonna have us a visitor
要和我们住一段时间
that’s gonna be staying with us for a little while.
我姐姐生了个孩子 她无法抚养 所以…
My sister had a child and she couldn’t see right by it, so…
他的名字叫…
He’s known as…
本杰明
Benjamin.
本杰明
Benjamin.
他的身体不好 我们得好好照顾他
He’s not a well child, so we’re gonna have to take good care of him.
我有过10个孩子
I had 10 children.
每个我都照顾得很好 让我看看他
There’s not a baby I can’t care for. Let me see him.
天啊 他跟我前夫真像
God in Heaven. He looks just like my ex-husband.
看 他先天早衰
Look, he’s prematurely old.
罗斯医生说他活不久
Dr. Rose said he ain’t got much more time on this earth.
欢迎加入俱乐部
Join the club.
他在笑!
He’s smiling!
汉伯特让我转达他的问候
Hambert sends his remembrances to you.
你疯了吗?
Are you right out of your mind?
我知道你没法有自己的孩子
I know you ain’t got all the parts it takes to make one of your own,
可你也不能抚养这个
but this ain’t yours to keep.
他一点都不像人
It may not even be humankind.
韦瑟斯先生 回来
Mr. Weathers, come back here.
求你了
Please.
你永远也不清楚接下来会发生什么
You never know what’s coming for you.
看来我找到家了
It seemed I had found a home.
这都是真的吗?
Is any of this true?
你的声音真好听
You have such a lovely voice.
妈妈 这有张旧电车票
Mom, it’s an ancient streetcar token.
那座钟一直走着
That clock just kept going,
年复一年
year after year after year.
可我不知道自己是个孩子
But I didn’t know I was a child.
每天都是这些垃圾
Same old crap every day.
我以为自己和这里的人一样
I thought I was like everyone else there.
一个迟暮的老人
An old man in the twilight of his life.
你可以让他停下吗?
Could you make him stop that?
别敲叉子了 那是用来吃饭的 不是拿来玩的
Stop banging that fork. It’s used for eating, not for playing with.
还有戴上餐巾 本杰明先生
And use your napkin, please, Mr. Benjamin.
奎尼!
Queenie!
嘿 小子
Hey, boy.
一直很好奇
Always had a healthy curiosity.
街上是什么样子的? 下个街角又是怎样的?
What was up the street? Or around the next corner?
去抓住他!
Go get him!
本杰明! 那太危险了 快回来
Benjamin! That is dangerous. Come back over here.
别动 小子
Stay put, child.
我非常爱她
I loved her very much.
她是我的母亲
She was my mother.
妈妈
Mama.
妈妈
Mama.
有时我觉得自己一天天地在改变
Some days I feel different than the day before.
每个人对于自己的感受都不一样
Everybody feels different about themselves, one way or another.
但是我们的终点是一样的
But we’re all going the same way.
只是走的路不同罢了
Just taking different roads to get there, that’s all.
你有你自己的道路 本杰明
You’re on your own road, Benjamin.
妈妈? 我还能活多久?
Mama? How much longer I got?
只要感谢上苍赐予你的就行了 明白吗?
Just be thankful for what you’re given, hear?
你已经多活了
You’re already here longer than you’re supposed to.
有些晚上 我得一个人睡
Some nights, I’d have to sleep alone.
我并不介意
I didn’t mind.
我在聆听这个房♥子的呼吸
I would listen to the house breathing.
听着大家沉睡的声音
All those people sleeping.
我感到安心
I felt safe.
这里的生活很有规律
It was a place of great routine.
每天早上5:30 不管天气如何
Every morning at 5:30, no matter the weather,
美国退伍军人温斯洛将军都会升旗
General Winslow, U.S. Army, Retired, would raise the flag.
曾经小有名气的歌♥剧演员 西比尔·瓦格纳夫人
Mrs. Sybil Wagner, once an opera singer of some note,
都会唱着瓦格纳的歌♥剧
well, she sang Wagner.
好了 孩子 过来
All right, baby, come on.
我们来给你这双老腿增加点活力
We got to put some life into these old sticks for you.
让你能走路 这样就可以帮我忙 来 明白吗?
Get you walking so you can help me out around here. Come on now, hear?
一年四季 晚餐总是在5:30准时开始
No matter the season, supper was served promptly at 5:30.
Mo-lasses (意思是糖浆 读单词中…)
Molasses.
糖浆
Molasses.
糖浆
Molasses.
我五岁开始学着读书
I learned to read when I was five.
我祖父曾是一个著名演员的化妆师
My grandfather was a dresser for a famous actor.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!