我去关门
I’m just locking up.

Wow.
她可真美 像她母亲
She’s beautiful. Like her mother.
-她跳舞吗? -跳得不是很好
-Does she dance? -Not very well.
估计是遗传我的吧
I guess that’d be from my side of things.
她是个好姑娘
She’s a dear, sweet girl.
只是有点迷惘 不过说回来 谁12岁的时候不是呢
She seems a little lost. But then, who isn’t at 12?
她总是让我想起…你
A lot of her reminds me of you.
我丈夫是个鳏夫 那个…过去是
My husband, he’s a widower, or was… Was a widower.
他是个大好人 爱冒险 很阳光
He’s an incredibly kind, just bright, adventurous man.
-他也是个好父亲 -真好
-He’s been a terrific father. -Good.
-你看起来 又年轻了好多 -只是外表
-You are so much younger. -Only on the outside.
你说得对
You were right.
我没法同时养你们两个人
I couldn’t have been raising both of you.
我不够坚强
I’m not that strong.
那你住哪?
So, where are you staying?
接下来准备干什么?
What are you gonna do?
我住在庞恰特雷恩旅店
I’m staying at the Pontchartrain Hotel on the Avenue.
也不知道接着该干什么
I don’t know what I’m gonna do.
不过…
But…
他们在等我
They’re waiting.
我还记得 他就是?
I remember that. That was him?
飓风转向了
The hurricane has changed directions.
不久就登陆
It’s going to make landfall sometime soon.
-我该做些什么? -正在组织撤离人员
-Am I supposed to do something? -Arrangements are being made
不过走不走还是你自己说了算
to move people, but it’s up to you.
不了 我们留着
No. No, we’re… We’re staying.
要是情况有变 我会及时通知你
I’ll let you know if anything changes.
“那晚 我正坐着 奇怪自己为什么要回来”
“That night, while I was sitting and wondering why I came back at all,
“传来了敲门声”
“there was a knock at the door.”
进来吧
Come in.
你过得好吗?
Are you all right?
对不起 我都不知道 自己来这是要干嘛
I’m sorry, I don’t know what I’m doing here.
没什么是永恒的
Nothing lasts.
我爱你 从没变过
I have never stopped loving you.
哦 别 本杰明 我太老了
Oh, but, Benjamin, I’m an old woman now.
有些事 你永远都不会忘记
Some things you never forget.
很少有人知道
… so few people even know
您过去还蹲过监狱
that you were ever in jail in the first place.
告诉您吧 我也觉得不爽
I’ll tell you, I am sick about it, too,
因为 拜托 他们就算不给您颁个
because, please, if they’re not gonna give you an award
“年度人物”之类的大奖 至少
like “Man of the Year,” at least what they could do
也该把您的名字从犯人档案里除掉
is stop having you listed as an ex-convict
我觉得 这真是太不公了
which I think is, again, so unfair.
晚安 本杰明
Good night, Benjamin.
晚安 黛西
Good night, Daisy.
和预想的一样 我看着她离开
And as I knew I would, I watched her go.
后面他就没写了
That’s the last thing he wrote.
你父亲死后的某一天
Sometime after your father passed,
我接到一个电♥话♥
there was a call.

Hello.
是我 请讲
Yes, speaking.
抱歉 我不太明白
I’m sorry, I don’t understand.
在路边那房♥子停下
It’s the corner house.
请进
Come on in.
-我是黛西·富勒 -我叫大卫·埃尔南德斯
-I’m Daisy Fuller. -I’m David Hernandez,
是儿童福利中心奥尔良分局的
with the Orleans Parish Department of Child Welfare Services.
他住在一栋危楼里
He was living in a condemned building.
警方发现了这个
The police found this with him.
里面有这个地址 而且很多次提到你的名字
This address. It’s got your name in it a lot.
他不太健康 已经去过医院了
He’s in very poor health. He was taken to the hospital.
他似乎都分不清 自己是谁 在哪 好像是糊涂了
He doesn’t seem to know who or where he is. He’s very confused.
我告诉埃尔南德斯先生了 本杰明和我们一样
I was telling Mr. Hernandez that Benjamin is one of us.
要是他需要个住的地方 就呆在这吧
If he needs a place to stay, it’s all right, he can stay here.
本杰明?
Benjamin?
你弹得真好听
You play beautifully.
他好像不太喜欢被人碰
He doesn’t seem to like to be touched.
他记性时好时坏 不太能认人
He goes in and out of states of recognition.
医生说 他们也无能为力
The doctors say, if they didn’t know any better,
他已经出现痴呆的症状了
he has the beginnings of dementia.
你还记得我吗?
Do you remember me?
我是黛西
I’m Daisy.
我叫本杰明
I’m Benjamin.
很高兴认识你 本杰明
It’s nice to meet you, Benjamin.
你不介意我坐你旁边吧? 我很喜欢听你弹琴
Would you mind if I sit with you? I would love to hear you play.
我认识你吗?
Do I know you?
-我要吃早饭 -此后 每天
-I want some breakfast. -And every day,
我都要过去看看 他过得怎么样
I would stop by to make sure that he was comfortable.
-不 我没吃过 -你刚刚吃完了
-No, I didn’t. -You just finished eating.
别以为我不知道你们想耍我!
Don’t think I don’t know what you’re doing!
你们这群该死的骗子!
You’re all fucking liars!
他不信自己刚吃了早饭
He doesn’t believe he just had his breakfast.
哦 咱来想想
Now, why don’t we see
给你找点别的事做吧
if we can’t find something else for you to do?
我总觉得 自己好像 有很多事情记不得了
I have a feeling there’s a lot of things I can’t remember.
比如呢?
Well, like what, sugar?
好像我已经活了很久
It’s like there’s this whole life I had,
却不记得过去的生活
and I can’t remember what it was.
没事的
It’s okay.
即使忘了 也没事的
It’s okay to forget things.
很多时候 他根本不记得 自己是谁 自己在哪
Many times, he would simply forget who or where he was.
他在那 屋顶上
There he is, he’s up there on the roof.
照顾他并不容易
It wasn’t easy.
-本杰明! -我看见了!
-Benjamin! -I can see everything!
-我能看见大河! -没错
-I can see the big river! -That’s right,
你当然什么都看得见 小可爱
you can see everything, sweetheart.
我看得见葬着妈妈的墓地
I can see the graveyard where Mama’s buried,
-那里还埋着很多其他人 -快下来!
-and all those other people. -I want you to come down!
-我要是会飞呢? -我认识个人就会飞
-What if I could fly? -I knew a man who could fly.
你下来 我就讲他的故事给你听
You come down and I’ll tell you all about him.
谁快上去接他
Somebody go up there.
我搬进去住的时候 他相当于五岁
He was five when I moved in.
差不多就是我认识他时候那么大
Nearly the same age I was when I had met him.
“画里画的是大袋鼠
“This is the picture of Old Man Kangaroo
下午五点 他终于会蹦蹦跳了
“at 5:00 in the afternoon
他的双腿又粗又壮又漂亮”
“when he had got his beautiful hind legs.”
岁月就这样流逝
The days passed.
我看着他 不会再走路
And I watched as he forgot how to walk
-不会再说话 -我叫什么呀
-and how to talk. -What’s my name?
我叫黛西
I’m Daisy.
你会说”黛西”吗?
Can you say “Daisy”?
2002年 火车站换了新钟
In 2002, they put up a new clock in that train station.
2003年 春天
And in the spring of 2003,
他看着我
he looked at me
那一刻 我知道他认出我来了
and I knew that he knew who I was.
接着 他闭上了眼睛 好像是睡着了
And then he closed his eyes as if to go to sleep.
-我真希望我认识他 -现在你就认识了
-I wish I’d known him. -Now you do.
妈 我去看看怎么回事
Mom, I think I should go see what’s going on.
晚安 本杰明
Good night, Benjamin.
有些人 生来 就注定可以悠闲地坐在河边
Some people are born to sit by a river.
有些人 会被闪电击中
Some get struck by lightning.
有些人 会音乐
Some have an ear for music.
有些人 是艺术家
Some are artists.
有些人 是游泳健将
Some swim.
有些人 懂纽扣
Some know buttons.
有些人 懂莎士比亚
Some know Shakespeare.
有些人 是妈妈
Some are mothers.
有些人 是舞者
And some people dance.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!