-谁让你来的? -你朋友写信给我
-Who told you? -Your friend wired me.
你这么大老远来看我 真是好心
Very kind of you to come all this way to see that I was all right.
换了是你 也会这么做的
You’d do the same for me.
我的天
My God.
瞧瞧你 你太完美了
Look at you. You’re perfect.
真希望你没来这 我不想你看到我这样子
I wish you hadn’t come here. I don’t want you to see me like this.
她的腿 断成了五段
Her leg had been broken in five places.
如果治疗得当 假以时日 她或许还能重新走路
And with therapy and time, she might walk again.
但不可能再跳舞了
But she’d never dance.
我带你回家
I’m gonna take you home with me.
-我愿意照顾你 -我不回新奥尔良
-I want to look after you. -I’m not going back to New Orleans.
那我就留在巴黎陪你
Then I’ll stay here in Paris.
你还不明白吗? 我不用你可怜我!
Don’t you understand? I don’t want your help.
我现在是很难过 可也不用你陪
I know I’m feeling sorry for myself, but I don’t want to be with you.
在纽约那会就想告诉你了 可你就是不听
Tried to tell you that in New York. You don’t listen.
你或许会改变主意
You might change your mind.
你也不是小孩子了 本杰明
We are not little children anymore, Benjamin.
拜托 从我的生命里消失吧
Just stay out of my life.
我真的是太狠心了
I was awfully cruel.
他一定不明白 我只是不想让他看我那副样子
He didn’t understand. I couldn’t have him see me like that.
“我没有马上离开
“I didn’t leave right away.
而是在巴黎逗留了一阵子 暗中照看她”
“I stayed in Paris for a while to look out for her.”
我一点也不知道
I never knew that.
哦 亲爱的 能帮我叫下护士吗?
Oh, darling, could you get the nurse?
我又重新学会走路
I taught myself to walk again.
又坐火车去卢尔德(法国西南部小城)
I took the train to Lourdes.
我看看 很正常 脉搏舒缓下来了
Let’s take a look. That’s normal. Pulse rate is slowing.
稍后可能会呼吸困难一会
She is gonna struggle to breathe.
-你在这没事吧? -嗯
-Will you be all right? -Yeah.
我接着读 他说”我回到家”
All right, he says, “I went back home.”
这里有很多页被撕掉了
And then there’s a lot of pages torn out.
“我聆听着房♥子的低语” 我读过这段了
“I listened to the sound of the house.” I read that already.
他…
He…
他把什么东西溅到纸上 这段看不清了 妈
He spilt something on it, so it’s hard to read, Mom.
好像是关于帆船的 您知道他在说什么吗?
Something about sailing, does that make sense?
我用父亲留在湖边别♥墅♥的帆船 学会了驾驶
I learned to sail an old boat of my father’s from the lake house.
说老实话
I can’t lie.
我也确实很享受 与一两位女子共度的时光
I did enjoy the company of a woman or two.
也许是三个吧
Or maybe three.
何必这么烦呢 山姆 反正明天还是要去一趟的
Don’t know why you bother, Sam, just gonna be there again tomorrow.
妈妈
Mama.
1962年春天
And in the spring of 1962,
她回来了
she came back.
-想知道我去了哪儿吗? -不想
-You want to know where I’ve been? -No.
你怎么连封信也不写? 就那么人间蒸发了一样
How come you didn’t write or nothing? Just disappearing like that.
我只是去处理了一下私事
It was something I needed to do for myself.
我也从没觉得你自私
Yeah, well, I never took you to be the selfish type.
但愿如此
I sure hope I’m not wrong.
我一般看人不会看走眼的
I’m usually not wrong about people.
-晚安 妈妈 -晚安 宝贝儿
-Good night, Mama. -Good night, baby.
你俩好好玩吧
Y’all have fun.
-你说到现在 还没哪句话多过两个字呢
-You haven’t said two words.
-我只是不想破坏气氛
-I don’t want to ruin it.
-和我睡吧 -绝对地
-Sleep with me? -Absolutely.
我邀她与我出游
I asked her to come away with me.
我们沿着佛罗里达群岛 一路乘帆驶进海湾
We sailed into the Gulf along the Florida Keys.
真高兴我不是26岁那年和你在一起
I am so glad we didn’t find one another when I was 26.
-这话怎么说? -我那会太嫩了
-Why do you say that? -I was so young.
你又太老
And you were so old.
现在这样 才最自然
It happened when it was supposed to happen.
和你在一起的每分每秒 我都会珍惜
I will enjoy each and every moment I have with you.
我跟你打赌 我在这能比你坚持更久
I bet I can stay out here longer than you.
那我赌你撑不了
I bet you can’t.
你脸上几乎没有皱纹
Barely a line or a crease.
而我 每天都会多长出几条 不公平
Every day I have more wrinkles. It’s not fair.
我喜欢你的皱纹 每一条都爱
I love your wrinkles. Both of them.
越活越年轻是种什么感觉?
What’s it like growing younger?
还真是很难形容 我自己又没法看到全部变化
I can’t really say. I’m always looking out my own eyes.
我要是成了黄脸婆 你还会爱我吗?
Will you still love me when my skin grows old and saggy?
等我老到脸上长满青春痘 老到尿床
Will you still love me when I have acne? When I wet the bed?
老到连楼梯下有什么都怕 你还会爱我吗?
When I’m afraid of what’s under the stairs?
怎么了?
What?
-你在想什么? -我在想 为什么世上没有永恒呢
-What are you thinking? -Well, I was thinking how nothing lasts.
多可惜
And what a shame that is.
有些事情 是永恒的
Some things last.
-晚安 黛西 -晚安 本杰明
-Good night, Daisy. -Good night, Benjamin.
妈?
Mom?
-你什么时候认识爸爸的? -在那之后
-When did you meet Dad? -Some time after that.
-你跟他说过这个本杰明的事吗? -亲爱的 他知道得不少
-Did you tell him about this Benjamin? -He knew enough, darling.
妈?
Mama?
奎尼?
Queenie?
是谁啊?
Hello?
哦 嗨 卡特夫人 大家都上哪去了?
Oh, hi, Mrs. Carter, it’s Benjamin. Where is everybody?
哦 本杰明 奎尼去世了 节哀啊
Oh, Benjamin. Queenie died. I’m so sorry.
你失去亲人 我也很难过 她是个好女人
I’m so sorry for your loss. She was a great woman.
我们深表哀悼
Our deepest condolences.
她葬在她的挚爱 韦瑟斯身边
We buried her beside her beloved Mr. Weathers.
为了过上我们自己的生活
And so we might have memories of our own,
我卖♥♥了父亲的房♥子
we sold my father’s house on Esplanade.
亲爱的 这老房♥子真是太棒了!
It is a wonderful old place, darling.
我想我们生活在这里会很开心
I think we are going to be so happy here.
哦 好长的家族史啊
Oh, what a long family history you have.
和房♥子的历史一样长
They come with the house.
-上来吧 -你一定得看看主卧室
-Come on. -You have to see the master suite.
我们买♥♥了一套二联式的小公♥寓♥
We bought ourselves a duplex.
我爱死那房♥子了
I loved that house.
有木柴的味道
It smelled like firewood.
别…别停下 亲爱的
Don’t… Don’t stop, darling.
“那是我生命中最快乐的时光”
“It was one of the happiest times of my life.”
我们半件家具也没有
We didn’t have a stick of furniture.
在起居室里野餐
We would have picnics in the living room.
想什么时候吃饭就什么时候吃 只要愿意 就通宵不睡
We ate when we felt like it. Stayed up all night when we wanted.
我们发誓 一定不过循规蹈矩的生活
We vowed never to fall into routine,
绝不按时上♥床♥ 起床
to go to bed or wake up at the same time.
我们就在床垫上过活
We lived on that mattress.
我们的邻居 凡·丹夫人 是个理疗师
Our neighbor, a Mrs. Van Dam, was a physical therapist.
离家四个街区 就有个公共泳池
We lived four blocks from a public pool.
也许 你能多跳几年舞
You know, you might’ve got a few more years out of it,
可你的事业太与众不同
but you chose to do something so special and unique
只有几年的黄金时间可以发展
that there was only a short window of time you could do it.
就算没发生意外
So, even if nothing ever happened,
你现在还是会回来 在这
you’d still be right here where you are now.
我只是不喜欢变老
I just don’t like getting old.
这里的水消毒过头了
They put too much chlorine in here.
我保证 以后再也不会自怨自艾了
I promise you I’ll never lose myself to self-pity again.
那时候 我知道
And I think right there and then
她懂了 没人是永远完美无瑕的
she realized none of us is perfect forever.
她的内心 终于平静了
She found peace.
她办了间舞蹈室 教小女孩跳舞
She opened a studio and taught young girls how to dance.
足尖点地
And tendu.
跳回来 点地 点地 点地 好极了!
Come back the other way. And spot, spot, spot. Excellent.
-晚安 黛西老师 -晚安
-Good night, Miss Daisy. -Good night.
你看起来真美
You certainly are beautiful to watch.
舞蹈好不好就看身线
Dancing’s all about the line.
身体的曲线
The line of your body.
早晚 身线都有不好的一天 之后 就一去不复返了
Sooner or later, you lose that line, and you never get it back.
我算了下 你是1918年出生的 今年也49了
I figure, you were born in 1918, 49 years ago.
我43
I’m 43.
差不多算是同龄
We are almost the same age.
-我们在人生的中点相遇 -总算是遇上了
-We’re meeting in the middle. -We finally caught up with each other.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!