-我们要放衣服 -是谁找我呀?
-We need the wardrobe. -Is somebody looking for me?
-本杰明 -嗨
-Benjamin. -Hi.
-你来这做什么? -我觉得应该来看看你
-What are you doing here? -Thought I’d come visit.
要是可以 约你出去转转
Spend some time with you, if I could.
真希望你事先给我个电♥话♥ 这样我都没法准备
Oh, well, I wish you would’ve called. You took me by surprise.
-要是不喜欢就扔了吧 -哪里 谢了 花很好看
-You can just throw them out. -No. Thank you, they’re lovely.
我从头到尾都在看你 你真是…太迷人了
I couldn’t take my eyes off of you. I thought you were mesmerizing.
谢谢 谢谢你这么说
Thank you. That’s very kind of you to say.
我得去换身衣服了 我们几个要去聚会下
I better get changed. A group of us are going to a party.
-你来吗? -听人说有家餐馆不错
-Would you want to come? -Someone told me about a restaurant
你应该也会喜欢
I thought you might enjoy.
我定了位 算是以防万一
I made a reservation, just in case.
不过我们跳完舞之后都会聚聚…
Just, all the dancers go out after the show. You’re…
你来我们会很欢迎的 我去换衣服 好吗?
You’re welcome to come with us. I’ll get changed. All right?
她还给俄♥罗♥斯♥芭蕾舞团排过舞
She choreographs for the Ballets Russes.
太神了
She’s divine.
你真美
You were breathtaking.
小甜心
Sweetie.
这是大卫 他也是舞团的
This is David. He dances with the company.
-这是本杰明 -谁?
-This is Benjamin. -Who?
-我跟你说起过他的 -哦 是你啊 近来可好啊
-I told you about him. -Oh, yeah. How you doing?
-我去给你拿杯喝的 -嗯 谢了
-I’ll go get you a drink. -All right. Thanks.
这么说 你是她奶奶的朋友?
So, you were a friend of her grandmother’s?
还是就那一类的?
Or something like that?
差不多吧
Something like that.
嘿 失陪
Hey, excuse me.
来吧
Come on.
嘿!
Hey!
我真不知道你会来
Now, I had no idea you were coming.
天啊 本杰明
Lord, Benjamin.
你想要我怎样呢? 难道要我丢下这一切 跟你走吗?
What did you expect? What, you want me to drop everything?
这可是我的人生
Now, this is my life.
宝贝儿 去市中心不?
Babe! You going downtown?
来吧 你也会玩得很开心的
Come on. You’ll have a good time.
那儿有很多音乐家和有趣的人
There’s lots of musicians, interesting people.
真的不用了 都是我不好
You don’t have to do that. This is my fault.
我是该先打个电♥话♥
I should’ve called.
我本以为我突然过来
I thought I’d come here
会给你一个大惊喜
and sweep you off your feet or something.
-黛西 快来吧 出发了! -马上到
-Daisy! Come on! Let’s go. -Be right there.
他看来还不错
Seems nice.
你爱他吗?
Do you love him?
应该吧
I think so.
真替你高兴
I’m happy for you.
那老家见吧
Maybe I’ll see you at home.
好吧
Okay.
我很喜欢你的演出!
I enjoyed the show!
他来 是想告诉我 他父亲死了
He came to tell me his father had died.
-你也猜不到啊
-You couldn’t have known.
-我那时才23岁 我…只是不在乎这些
-I was 23. I… I just didn’t care.
那你后来呢?
What did you do next?
有些照片 我记得 就放在包的前袋里
Some photographs, I think, in the front of my bag.
我那会还挺了不得
I was as good a dancer as I was ever gonna be.
有那么五年 我…
For five years, I…
在世界各地表演
I danced everywhere.
伦敦 维也纳 布拉格
London, Vienna, Prague.
我从没见过这些照片
I’ve never seen these.

Mom.
你从来没提你跳舞的事
You never talked about your dancing.
我还是头一个
Well, I was the only American
受邀 和大剧院舞团共舞的美国人
to be invited to dance with the Bolshoi, sugar.
那真是太棒了
It was glorious.
但我从没忘记本杰明
But Benjamin was never far from my thoughts.
有时候 我会不自觉地说…
And I’d find myself saying…
晚安 本杰明
Good night, Benjamin.
-“晚安 黛西” -他也这么说?
-“Good night, Daisy.” -He said that?
“生活并没有那么复杂
“Life wasn’t all that complicated.
要是你喜欢 大可以说我是在探索生命”
“If you want, you might say I was looking for something.”
本杰明 拉·图尔诺夫人刚刚过世了
Benjamin? Mrs. La Tourneau just passed.
-本杰明·巴顿先生的信 -我就是
-Letter for Mr. Benjamin Button? -That’d be me.
谢谢
Thank you.
我找黛西·富勒小姐
Miss Daisy Fuller.
-稍等 请先坐一会 -好的
-Just a minute. Please have a seat. -Sure.
有时候 我们的人生轨道会与别人的交错
Sometimes we’re on a collision course
只是不自知罢了
and we just don’t know it.
无论是意外 还是天意
Whether it’s by accident or by design,
我们都无力改变
there’s not a thing we can do about it.
巴黎 一名女子正要出门购物
A woman in Paris was on her way to go shopping.
却发现忘带外套 于是回家去取
But she had forgotten her coat, went back to get it.
她拿起外套 电♥话♥铃响
When she had gotten her coat, the phone had rung.
她接起电♥话♥ 聊了一会
So she had stopped to answer it and talked for a couple of minutes.
与此同时
While the woman was on the phone,
黛西正为一场巴黎歌♥剧院的演出彩排
Daisy was rehearsing for a performance at the Paris Opera House.
不久 女子聊完 挂了电♥话♥
And while she was rehearsing, the woman, off the phone now,
下楼去招出租车
had gone outside to get a taxi.
另一边 出租车司机 刚刚送完一位客人
Now, a taxi driver had dropped off a fare earlier,
便停了车 去买♥♥咖啡
and had stopped to get a cup of coffee.
而黛西还在继续排练
And all the while, Daisy was rehearsing.
那位送完了客人
And this cab driver, who dropped off the earlier fare
便去买♥♥咖啡的司机
and had stopped to get the cup of coffee,
正巧接了要去购物的那位女子
he picked up the lady who was going shopping
而那位女子 因为一番延误 刚错过了之前的车
and had missed getting the earlier cab.
车子中途停了一下 因为有人横穿马路
The taxi had to stop for a man crossing the street,
这位男子那天比平时晚起了五分钟
who had left for work five minutes later than he normally did
因为他忘了定闹钟
because he forgot to set his alarm.
那个没定闹钟 早上迟到的人 横穿马路的时候
While that man, late for work, was crossing the street,
黛西已经排练结束 开始冲澡
Daisy had finished rehearsing and was taking a shower.
她在洗澡的时候
And while Daisy was showering,
出租车停在一家糖果店门口 等女客人去取包裹
the taxi was waiting outside a boutique for the woman to pick up a package
可包裹还没备好
which hadn’t been wrapped yet,
因为打包的女孩
because the girl who was supposed to wrap it
昨晚刚刚与男友分手 太过伤心而忘了打包
had broken up with her boyfriend the night before and forgot.
包裹打好之后 女子回到车上
When the package was wrapped, the woman, who was back in the cab,
又被一辆货车挡住了去路
was blocked by a delivery truck.
与此同时 黛西换上了衣服
All the while, Daisy was getting dressed.
货车开走之后 出租才重新上路
The delivery truck pulled away, and the taxi was able to move
而黛西最后一个才穿好衣服
while Daisy, the last to be dressed,
又等了一会断了鞋带的朋友
waited for one of her friends who had broken a shoelace.
出租在路灯处停下时
While the taxi was stopped, waiting for a traffic light,
黛西和她朋友正从剧场后门出来
Daisy and her friend came out the back of the theater.
如果有一件事 有一点点不一样
And if only one thing had happened differently,
如果那鞋带没断
if that shoelace hadn’t broken
如果那货车早一点儿开走
or that delivery truck had moved moments earlier
或者包裹早早备好
or that package had been wrapped and ready
因为男孩没和女孩分手
because the girl hadn’t broken up with her boyfriend,
又或者那男子定了闹钟 和平时一样起床
or that man had set his alarm and got up five minutes earlier
再或者司机没有停车喝咖啡
or that taxi driver hadn’t stopped for a cup of coffee
而那女子也带了外套 上了之前的出租
or that woman had remembered her coat and got into an earlier cab,
那么 黛西和她朋友 就会平平安安地穿过马路
Daisy and her friend would have crossed the street
那出租也只是和她们擦身而过
and the taxi would have driven by.
但是 生活没有如果
But, life being what it is,
只有一连串互相交错的意外
a series of intersecting lives and incidents
无人能够控制
out of anyone’s control,
那辆出租没有和她们擦身而过
that taxi did not go by,
而就在那时 司机分了一下神
and that driver was momentarily distracted.
黛西!
Daisy!
车子撞倒了黛西
And that taxi hit Daisy.
黛西! 来人啊!
Daisy! Help!
她的腿 就被撞断了
And her leg was crushed.
黛西?
Daisy?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!