喔,约翰,不该是你呀!
John…
Oh, John, not you.
是的
I did.
你们见到了吧?
Now, woman, you see…
冥顽不灵是不会有好结果的
it profit nothing to keep this conspiracy any further.
你们要跟他一起认罪吗?
Will you confess yourself with him?
那是谎言呀!
It is a lie! It is a lie!
撒了谎 以后我要怎么面对自己呢?
How may I damn myself?
上帝怜悯你,约翰
God send his mercy on you, John.
现在
Now…
普洛特-加龙省先生…
Mr. Proctor…
当魔鬼来找你时 你是否看见罗贝卡诺斯
when the devil appeared to you…
…与魔鬼同行?
did you see Rebecca Nurse in his company?
没有
No.
那你有看见她姐姐, 玛莉伊丝蒂,与魔鬼同行吗?
Did you see her sister, Mary Easty, with the devil?
没有看见
No, I did not.
那你有看到伊莱柯瑞以及她妻子 与鬼同行吗?
Did you ever see Giles Corey with the devil or his wife…
我没看见
I did not see them.
那你有看到任何人与魔鬼同行吗?
Did you ever see anyone with the devil?
没有看见
No, I did not.
让他签名吧. 他只要认自己的罪 就足够了
Let him sign it, Excellency.
他是知名人物,普洛特-加龙省的认罪 对镇民影响很大的
It is enough he confess himself.
It is a weighty name, sir. It will strike the village that Proctor confessed.
赶快让他签字 了结这件事!
Let him sign and be done with it, for God’s sake! Thomas!
托马斯!
劳驾给我,先生
If you please, Mr…
你看到我已经签名了 你不需要这个了
No, no. You have seen me sign it. You have no need of this.
– 普洛特-加龙省,镇民需要证据呀. – 他妈的小镇!
– Proctor, the village must have proof! – Damn the village!
没有比公诸于众 更好的认罪方式了吗?
Is there no good penitence but it be public?
上帝并不需要我的名字钉在教堂门上 上帝已经知道我的罪了!
God does not need my name nailed to the church.
God knows how black my sins are!
你这样…
Now, look you, Proctor…
我要怎么教导我的儿子 行事要像个男人 而我却出♥卖♥♥♥了朋友?
How may I teach my sons to walk like men in the world if I sold my friends?
你并没有出♥卖♥♥♥你的…
You have not sold your…
当他们都因为保持缄默 而被问吊 我玷污了他们!
I blacken all of them when I nail this to the church…
我必须要有你施巫的明确证明
and they have hanged for silence.
I must have good and legal proof…
that you have confessed to witchcraft, Proctor.
你是最高法庭.你的话就足以证明了
You are the high courts. Your word is good enough.
你可以告诉他们 普洛特-加龙省下跪了 哭得像个妇女
Tell them Proctor broke to his knees and wept like a woman.
但是…
But…
…我不能签下我的名字
– my-my name I cannot sign. – Why?
你是不是想重获自♥由♥之后 再回头 否认自己曾经认罪?
Do you mean to deny this confession when you are free?
我不会否认任何事
I mean to deny nothing.
– 那你解释 为什么你不肯签… – 因为这是我的名字!
Then explain to me why you will not-
Because it is my name!
因为我这一生 不会有另一个名字了!
Because I cannot have another in my life!
因为我帮谎言背书了!
Because I lie and sign myself to lies!
因为我还不如…
Because I am not worth the dust on the feet of them you have hanged.
…那些被你吊死的人 脚上的尘土
我已经给了你 我的灵魂, 就饶了我的名字吧!
I have given you my soul.
Leave me my name!
认罪书上难道是谎言?
Is that document a lie?
如果这样 我不接受
If it is, I will not accept it.
你必须在我手下 诚实的忏悔认罪…
You will give me your honest confession in my hand…
否则你就得问吊
or I cannot keep you from the rope.
你要选择哪条路 先生?
Which way do you go, mister?
马歇尔
Marshal.
你会被吊死的! 别这么做!
Man, you will hang. You cannot.
至少我可以让你们大吃一惊
I can, and there’s your first marvel, that I can.
别再流泪了
Give them no tear.
现在就是荣耀的时刻 我们将伴随坚定的心 一起殒落!
Show one and now show a stoney heart, and sink them with it!
谁要为他们这种…
Who weeps for these…
这种…堕落而哭泣呢
weeps for corruption.
带走!!
Take them.
普洛特-加龙省. 普洛特-加龙省
Proctor. Proctor…
跟他说呀. 还来得及!
Go to him. There is time yet.
普洛特-加龙省!
Proctor!
以主之名,忏悔吧!
Proctor!
in the name of God, confess!
认罪吧!
Confess.
你去求他呀
Will you plead with him?
去救救他吧
Be his helper. Go to him.
去去除他的耻辱!
Take his shame away!
他得回了自己的善良
He have his goodness now.
神不会答应 我再去取走的
God forbid I take it from him.
上帝保佑你,罗贝卡!
上帝保佑你,马莎!
God bless you, Rebecca! God bless you, Proctor!
上帝保佑你,罗贝卡!
God bless you, Rebecca.
你是个好人,约翰 普洛特-加龙省!
You’re a good man, John Proctor.
You’re a good man.
我们的在天之父…
Our Father… which art in heaven…
…神圣之名
hallowed be Thy name.
你的天国将永存…
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done…
…尘世将宛如天堂
in earth as it is in heaven.
赐给我们今日的食物
Give us this day our daily bread…
宽恕我们的罪愆…
and forgive us our trespasses…
…而我将原谅冒犯我的人
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
让我远离诱惑,远离邪恶
Lead us not into temptation…
but deliver us from evil-
因为你的天国…
– For Thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory… –
…你的力量与荣耀…
…永世不朽!
Forever and ever…
当越来越多被指控的人 拒绝为了活命 就认罪忏悔
在处决了19个人后 赛伦镇的猎杀巫术行动就终止了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!