Why then, absolutely no one…
这就是你的意思?
in the world is safe- Is that your meaning?
你搞错了 孩子
You are mistaken, child.
你懂我的意思吧?
You understand me?
她就是威廉丝
The Williams girl.
离她远点
Come away from her.
上帝饶恕你,爱比威廉丝
God forgive you, Abigail Williams.
我恳求你,托马斯
I beseech you, Thomas.
结束这一切吧
It must end… now.
这么多人都没认罪 这对百姓的冲击是很大的
It has struck the people very hard…
that so many will not confess.
民众已经有不同意见了,托马斯, 问吊成了家常便饭
There’s a faction here, Thomas, feeding on that noose.
他们已经厌恶绞刑了
They’re sick of hanging.
我告诉你,山谬, 我不会停的…
I tell you, Samuel, I shall not rest…
…直到这个省的每吋土地…
until every inch of this province…
…都再回归于上帝
belongs again to God.
快点!
Quickly,
我拿到了
I’ve got it.
他们今天清晨就要处决你了
They mean to take you this morning.
有一艘船在波士顿港口. 是要开往巴巴度的
There’s a ship in Boston harbor. It’s bound for the Barbados.
我已经买♥♥通了警卫
I have money for the guard.
我从来就不希望你落到这步田地
I never dreamed any of this for you.
我就只是想要你
I wanted you was all.
听我说呀,约翰
Listen to me, John.
我有钱
I have money.
我们明天就在海上了
We could see tomorrow on the ocean.
狱卒会让你走的.我都打点好了
The jailer will let you go.
Let me call him.
我必须上船离开,约翰
I must board ship, John.
你坚决不开口?
Will you not speak?
我们再相见的地方 当然不会是船上 爱比…
It’s not on a ship we’ll meet again, Abigail…
…而一定是地狱
but in hell.
– 不见了?! – 她偷了我的31镑 逃走了
– Vanished? – She’s run off with £31.
– 我现在身无分文了. – 帕里斯先生…
Ha! I am penniless.
Mr. Parris…
…你真没大脑
you are a…
brainless man!
阁下,我求你
Excellency, hear me. I beg you.
让我们推迟绞刑一段时间吧
Let us postpone more hangings for a time.
这三个人…
Now, these three that must die this morning…
…预定今早处死的,约翰普洛特-加龙省, 罗贝卡诺斯,马莎柯瑞…
John Proctor, Rebecca Nurse, Martha Corey-
…他们都是镇上的重量级人物
They have great weight yet in the town.
如果你让她们站上绞刑台
Now, if you let them stand upon the scaffold…
她们又没认罪 镇民一定会找你复仇的
and send up some innocent prayer…
then they will wake a vengeance on you.
至少普洛特-加龙省必须认罪
Then Proctor must confess.
现在
Now. He must confess.
他必须认罪
你们要把她带去哪里?
Please give me some water.
你们要带她去哪?
Where are you going with her? Where are you taking her?
别紧张
Pray, be at your ease.
我们不是来取你性命的. 我们…
We come not for your life.
We-
霍尔先生
Mr. Hale.
约翰今早就要被处决了
John is marked to hang this morning.
我跟法庭已经没有关联了,普洛特-加龙省太太
I have no connection with the court, Goody Proctor.
我是来救你丈夫性命的.你理解吗?
I come to save your husband’s life.
Do you understand me?
你要让约翰 照着他们的话说
We must help John give them the lie they demand.
那不是谎言 你可不能这么说
It is no lie. You cannot speak of lies.
那就是谎言!! 他们是清白的
It is a lie. They’re innocent.
我要告诉你 生命是上帝最珍贵的赐予
I tell you, woman…
life is God’s most precious gift.
先活下去 就是最充分的理由
No principle, however glorious…
may justify the taking of it.
你会劝劝他吗?
Will you plead with him?
劝他说谎
Let him give his lie.
也许上帝处罚撒谎者 会比为了自尊 随意抛弃性命的人…来得更轻些
It may be that God damns a liar less…
than he that throws away his life for pride.
我想这是魔鬼才会争论的话题
I think that may be the devil’s argument.
你这么顽固?
Are you stone?
他今早就要死了
He will die with the morning…
但只要他认罪忏悔, 你们两个明天都能回家
but if he will confess…
you shall both be at home tomorrow.
我不能承诺什么
I promise nothing…
但是让我单独跟他谈一餤
but let me speak with him alone.
孩子?
The child?
It grows.
长得很快
Oh-
孩子们怎么样?
No word of the boys.
他们都很好
They’re well.
罗贝卡的丈夫帮着照顾他们
Rebecca’s Francis keeps them.
– 你还没见到他们? – 还没有
But you have not seen them.
I have not.
他们要来取我性命了
They come for my life now.
我正在考虑是否要认罪忏悔,伊丽莎白. 如果我屈服了 你会怎么看?
I’m thinking I will confess, Elizabeth.
What say you if I give them that?
我应该认罪吗?
If I confess?
我无法审判你,约翰
I cannot judge you, John.
你希望我怎么做?
What would you have me do?
按照你自己的想法做,我都同意
As you will, I would have it.
当然,我是希望你能活下去的
Oh, I want you living, John. That’s sure.
我能像圣徒一样 坦然的爬上绞刑台吗? 我不是圣人呀
How can I mount the scaffold like a saint?
I’m not that man.
这是借口.反正我的正直早已破产了
‘Tis a pretense. My honesty’s broke.
我的堕落 早就到了谷底 就算承认这些谎言 也不算什么了
Nothing’s spoiled giving them this lie that were not…
rotten long before.
到现在 你并没认罪啊
And yet you’ve not confessed till now.
我沉默 是因为我不屑
It’s only spite keeps me silent.
要向一群狗撒谎 是很困难的
It’s hard to give a lie to dogs.
我需要你的宽恕,伊丽莎白
I would have your forgiveness, Elizabeth.
如果你不原谅自己,约翰, 我宽恕你也是没用的
It is not for me to give, John…
if you will not pardon yourself.
这是你的灵魂,不是我的呀
It is not my soul, John.
It is yours.
但我可以确定…
Only be sure that…
…不论你怎么做 都是一个好男人该做的
whatever you will do it is a good man does it.
在我自己的法庭里 我已经认罪了
I have sins of my own to count.
一个冰冷的妻子 才会导致丈夫淫乱
It needs a cold wife to prompt lechery.
够了 够了
Oh, enough. Enough.
我应该让你更了解我才对 是你为我承担了这些罪
It’s better that you should know me. You take my sins upon you.
不 罪是我自己犯下的
No. I take my own. I take my own.
我自己应该承担
约翰…
John…
我只计较自己的质朴 自己的孱弱…
I counted myself so plain…
…以致没有一份真实的爱 能靠近我
so poorly made that no honest love could come to me.
连吻你 我都会迟疑
Suspicion kissed you when I did.
我不懂怎么表达自己的爱
I never knew how I should say my love.
我让整个家里的气氛冷冰冰
It were a cold house I kept.
我的爱 我的爱
Oh, my love. Oh, my love.
原谅我 我从不了解真正的仁慈是什么
Forgive me. I never knew such goodness in the world.
– 约翰,原谅我. – 我的爱
Shh, shh.
Oh, John, forgive me.
My love.
原谅我
Oh, forgive me.
原谅我
Forgive me.
Oh, shh.
原谅我
Forgive me.
我要活下去
I want my life!
赞美主!
God be praised!
他会认罪!
This is God’s work!
– 上帝感召了他! – 把她们带出来!
罗贝卡诺斯! 马莎柯瑞!
Bring out the condemned!
Rebecca Nurse, Martha Corey!
为什么一定要用书面的形式?
Why must it be written?
因为我们要公布给全体小镇居民知道. 要将它张贴在教堂的大门上
Why, for the good instruction of the village…
this we shall post upon the church door.
约翰
Ah… John.
勇敢点
Courage, man.
你的好榜样 可以将她们也带回神的怀抱
Your good example may bring them to God as well.
诺斯大妈 注意这里
Hear this!
Goody Nurse.
普洛特-加龙省先生
Now, Mr. Proctor…
你是否曾经为魔鬼服务?
did you bind yourself to the devil’s service?