很快就答应加入
when they found out what we wanted to do.
我们与鲸鱼、海豹、海豚
We have some of the same physiological traits
有一些相同点
that whales, seals, and dolphins have.
我们都是需要呼吸空气的哺乳动物
We’re all air-breathing mammals.
只不过他们生活在水中 我们生活在陆上
They live in the water. We live on land.
你在海中畅游时
When you’re out swimming in the ocean
如果鲸鱼与海豚恰好经过
and you have whales and dolphins come by you,
那真是人生中最奇妙的经历
it is one of the most incredible experiences ever.
这些野生生物显得异常温顺
It’s so humbling that this wild creature
他们会主动接近,显出对你的兴趣
would come up and be so interested in you.
真是…
It’s–
真是太奇妙了
It’s unbelievable, really.
尽管没有语言的交流
Even though there’s obviously no words spoken,
但你真的能感觉到彼此之间 存在着某种交流
you really feel like you’re on some level communicating with them,
就好像双方都能理解对方
Iike there’s an understanding between the two of you.
在水里,我通常不乱摸东西
I don’t normally touch anything in the water,
但我当时就想
but I just thought, you know,
它都和我一起游了这么久了
it had been swimming with me for so long,
于是我伸出手
I put my hand out in front of me,
它立即就贴着我的手游过来
and it rolled right into my hand,
然后停在我面前
and it just stayed there in front of me,
任由我轻轻抚摸
Letting me rub its belly.
就是这样一条海豚
Here you have this dolphin,
野生海豚,无拘无束
wild and on its own terms,
却能接近我们,寻求关爱与抚慰
come up and really seek out affection and touch.
它是真的想跟我们在一起
It really wanted to be with us.
当他们问我们
When they asked us
是否愿意参加这次秘密行动
if we wanted to partake in a secret ops mission
揭发屠♥杀♥海豚的行径
to uncover the dolphin slaughter,
我们毫不犹豫地说 “那还用说,算上我们”
we without hesitation said, “Absolutely. Sign us up.
“我们能帮上什么?”
What can we do?”
就是这了
– This is what–
真酷
It’s so cool.
瞧我,就是一块普普通通的小石头
I’m just a cute little innocent rock.
下一步,怎么把这些运过海关
Getting these into Customs
恐怕得花点心思了
is going to be the trick, I think, next.
但愿我们把这些摆出去之后 还能找回来
I hope we’ll be able to find them again once we plant them.
小心等我们回旅馆 这些就变成真石头了
Actually, come back to the hotel and we have real rocks.
我们装了47个大箱子
There’s 47 suitcases.
恐怕他们不会让我们带这些上机
I don’t think they’re going to let us carry this on.
我们自然努力保持低调
We definitely were trying to be as discreet as possible,
但是在这个没有西方人的地方
but there’s nothing discreet about Westerners
一群西方人带着一大堆黑箱子 根本没法低调
in a place where there are no Westerners with big black cases,
很快就有人注意我们
and it was noted.
现在那边有辆车
Well, now, there’s a car here.
我昨天才刚到这儿
Just– I just got here yesterday.
你觉得,他们知道我们在这儿?
You think– Do you think they know we’re here?
你真觉得
You do?
我们抵达太地町的第一天早晨
First morning we arrived in Taiji,
里克·欧拜瑞和我们在旅馆碰面
Ric O’Barry met us at our hotel.
他觉得,应该带我们
He decided that it would be a good idea
四处参观一下
if he’d take us on a tour
以便熟悉地形
so we got the lay of the land.
于是我们便上了车
So we all get in the vehicles,
马上,我们就发现
and one of the first things we noticed
有人跟梢
was that we got an escort.
那边就是肉铺
This is the butcher shop right here,
屠宰场
the slaughterhouse.
这边是渔业联盟
This is the union right here,
那个就是“私人领地”
and there’s Private Space.
我们刚来的时候
When we first got in the country,
根本不知道是谁在跟踪
we had no idea who was following us.
我们记下的车牌就有七八个
There was about seven or eight cars that we had license plates,
我们只知道是他们在跟踪
so we knew that we were being followed by these people.
但我们不确定,到底是捕鲸人
We didn’t know if it was the whalers.
还是日本黑帮
We didn’t know if it was Yakuza, the Japanese Mafia.
完全没头绪
We had no idea.
我碰到一个会说英语的人
I’d met this guy that spoke English.
他是捕鲸博物馆的工作人员
He was from the Whaling Museum,
我问,“你知道那边车里是什么人吗?”
and I asked him, “Do you know who’s in that car over there?”
他看了看,说“是警视厅厅长”
He looks over there, and he goes, “Chief of Police.”
如果你跟里克混在一块 他们就知道,你也是个麻烦
If you’re around Ric, they– they know you’re trouble.
不行,你们不能进去
没听见吗,不能进去
不准进去
你们想怎样?
我们与渔民的第一个回合
Our first encounter with the fishermen
是在黎明时分,我们过去现场
was they went down there at first break of light,
我们一到那里
and as soon as we arrived,
一群渔民就冒出来
a number of fishermen showed up.
我们在水边看…
We were down by the beach looking at…
你能看到海豚湾屠♥杀♥现场 涌过来的鲜血
You could see the blood coming out of the killing lagoon.
你能看到一群小海豚
You could see a bunch of the babies
被圈在一处,和它们的爸爸妈妈分开
were cordoned off by themselves away from their parents
而它们的爸爸妈妈就在不远处被屠♥杀♥
while their parents were all being slaughtered.
我想更近距离地看看海豚湾
And so I wanted to get a better look into the lagoon,
等我和乔想从那条路过去
and as Joe and I tried to walk down this path,
一些渔民就跑过来,拿胸冲撞
some of the fishermen came and actually butted chest against us.
别碰她
Don’t touch the girl.
想把我们挡住
Trying to stop us
不让我们从有利位置看到屠♥杀♥现场
from getting that vantage point on the killing.
随后
And just after that,
我们回到水边
We walked down to the water’s edge,
就有一条可怜的海豚…
and this one poor dolphin, it…
你可以看得出它是想逃走
You could see it trying to get away,
它朝着我们径直游向岸边
and it was swimming straight for us and the shore,
事实上,它也冲破了几道网
and it actually made it over a couple of the nets,
每次它浮出水面换气
and every time it came up for a breath,
你都看到它身后留下的血流
you could see all this blood coming out behind it,
你能看到,它最后几次挣扎着呼吸
and you could see the last couple of breaths it took,
最终,沉了下去,再也没有出现
and then it went down, and we never saw it again.
相较而言,真正在做这种事的人只是少数
It’s a relatively small group of people who are doing this.
在这几个偏远的小村之外
Outside these few remote villages,
大多数日本人根本不知道 这里发生的一切
most of the population doesn’t even know this is going on.
干这个行当的渔民说 “这是我们的传统”
The fishermen here who do this tell you “This is our tradition.
“这是我们的文化”
“This is our culture.
“是你不理解我们”
“You don’t understand us.
“你们吃牛肉,我们吃海豚肉”
You eat cows. Well, we eat dolphins.”
但事实是,他们就是在放狗屁
Well, the truth is that’s the big lie.
如果说日本人自己都不知道这件事
How can it be their culture, their tradition,
这怎么能算得上是“传统”“文化”?
if the Japanese people don’t even know about it?
日本,东京
每年有两万三千条海豚被屠宰 它们的肉被贩卖♥♥、食用
23,000 dolphins are killed for meat every year.
每年有两万三千条海豚被屠♥杀♥以供人类食用
你知道这件事吗?
你听说过这件事吗?
不,我从没听说过
You never heard of it?
你说谎吧!真有人吃海豚,真的?
很难想象会有人吃海豚
我怎么会不知道,这怎么可能? 东京也有人卖♥♥海豚肉吗?
我们不把海豚肉当作日常食物
我们更喜欢观赏海豚
如果这事是真的,我们应该让更多人知道
我想现在很少有人知道,我自己就没听说过
大阪、京都、东京,这些城市里的人
People in Osaka, Kyoto, and Tokyo–
他们之所以不知道这件事
the reason they don’t know about it
是因为媒体掩盖了真♥相♥
is because of a media cover-up,
是有组织,有预谋的掩盖
a systematic, deliberate cover-up,
是全面的媒体管制
a media blackout,
因为海豚肉含有高浓度的汞
because the dolphin meat is heavily laced with mercury.
汞是地球上非辐射性物质中毒性最强的
自从工业革命以来,由于化石燃料的焚烧 环境中的汞含量每年上升1%至3%
汞在自然环境中
Mercury starts in the environment
开始积聚在最小的细胞体中
with the smallest of organisms,
每到食物链的上一级
and every step of the ladder up,
浓度就升高大约十倍
it gets magnified about ten times…
直到食物链顶端
until the top of the food chain,
毒性会高得令人咋舌
where you get these incredibly toxic levels.
所有我们最爱吃的鱼肉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!