我想说,我们确实尝试过 通过合法手段拍摄这个故事
I do want to say that we try to do the story legally.

Shit.
我设想这样做可能导致的各种意外
I thought of all the possibilities of what could happen,
这令我彻夜难眠
and it kept me up at night.
里克一开始给我讲述的故事
The story that Ric showed me at the beginning
只是冰山一角
was just the tip of the iceberg.
片名:海豚湾
日本,太地町
就是这了,太地町镇
Here it is– the town of Taiji.
这个小地方可有个大秘密
The little town with a really big secret.
开车刚进入太地町时,感觉很奇怪
It’s funny driving into Taiji.
你好像进到了“阴阳魔界” (六十年代的热播美剧)
It’s kind of like The Twilight Zone.
最诡异的是
It’s so bizarre
如果你开始并不知情
because if you didn’t know what’s going on over here,
你会以为这个小镇 是个热爱海豚和鲸鱼的地方
you would think this is a town that loved dolphins and whales.
左边就是臭名昭著的太地町鲸类博物馆
On our left here is the infamous Taiji Whale Museum.
我真的,真的恨死那地方了
And I really, really hate this place.
我们刚到日本的时候
When we first got to Japan,
里克·欧拜瑞非常沮丧
Ric O’Barry was incredibly frustrated.
他说“你们得戴上口罩”
He said, “Oh, you have to wear a mask.
“否则他们就知道我们来了”
Otherwise, they’ll know that we’re here.”
我就想,行,就这么办吧
And I thought, okay, all right.
那边是警♥察♥
There’s the police.
我得驼点背,变个样子
I’ve got to hunch over and change my shape
这样他们会以为 我只是个普通的日本老头
so they think I’m just some old Japanese guy.
我在一旁想,我来这瞎掺和什么? 跑了大半个地球,结果却坐上这车
I thought, you know, what am I doing? I went halfway across the world to end up in this car,
跟个偏执狂困在一起
Locked up with this paranoid guy.
有人跟踪我们
Somebody’s behind me.
我不知道是谁
I don’t know who that is.
没错,他过来了,过来了
Yep. He’s coming. He’s coming.
真的吗?
Is he really?
嗯,我在这干得太久了
Yeah. I’ve been doing this too long.
开始的时候,市长向我敞开了镇门
The mayor of this town actually gave me the key to the city.
那会我还挺受欢迎
I was welcome then.
如今,要是杀了我不犯法,他们一定会的
Today they’d kill me if they could.
我可没有夸张
And I’m not exaggerating.
要是这些渔民能逮住我,把我♥干♥掉
If these fishermen could catch me and kill me,
他们真会那么干
they would.
三年前
About three years ago,
我朋友吉姆·克拉克和我创办了这个组织
my friend Jim Clark and l started this organization–
海洋保护协会,缩写是OPS
The Oceanic Preservation Society, OPS.
我们有35年的潜水经历
We’ve been diving for over 35 years,
要是每年你都去一次老地方
and you could go back to the same dive spot year after year
你就能真真切切地看到海洋的退化
and literally see the degradation of the oceans
就在你眼前发生
before your very eyes.
每时每刻,都有大量物种濒临灭绝
路易·皮斯霍斯–海洋保护协会创始人之一
There’s major extinctions going on right now in our lifetime.
吉姆想
Jim had the idea
做点什么,阻止这一切
to try to do something about it, to stop this,
所以我开始到世界各地拍礁石的纪录片
so I began documenting reefs around the world.
我去了在圣地亚哥召开的 “海洋哺乳动物研讨会”
I went to a marine mammal conference down in San Diego.
有两千名全球顶尖的 研究海洋哺乳动物的科学家出席
There was 2,000 of the world’s top marine mammal scientists,
里克·欧拜瑞本来应该是主讲人
and Ric O’Barry was supposed to be the keynote speaker,
但就在会议开始前 赞助方把他从会议安排上去掉了
and at the last minute, the sponsor of the program pulled him from the ticket.
我想,天,这倒有点意思
I thought, oh God, that’s interesting.
赞助方是谁?
Well, who’s the sponsor?
他们说,“海洋世界”
They said, “Sea World.”
许多海洋哺乳动物科学家的研究经费
A lot of marine mammal scientists get their money
都是靠“中♥央♥研究所”资助
from Hub Research Institute,
里克·欧拜瑞–地球岛屿研究所
那是“海洋世界”的一个非营利性部门
which is the nonprofit arm of Sea World.
他们不喜欢我
They don’t like me.
不喜欢我关于动物被囚禁的观点
They don’t like my message about captivity,
于是就把我的名字删掉了
and they took me off the list.
他们不准我谈太地町的海豚大屠♥杀♥
They wouldn’t let me talk about this dolphin slaughter in Taiji.
我问,“海豚大屠♥杀♥?那是怎么回事”
I said, “Dolphin slaughter? What’s– What’s that about?”
他说,“我下周就过去”
He says, “Well, I’m going next week.
“你想一起来吗?”
You want to come?”
现在,我们正在接近关键地点
Now we’re approaching the area that’s most important.
那里是海豚的噩梦
That’s a dolphin’s worst nightmare right there.
成百上千的海豚都死在那儿
Hundreds of thousands of dolphins have died there.
看到那些警告牌了吗 “禁止入内”“此处危险”
You’ll see the signs– “Keep Out,” “Danger.”
这附近的山里都有渔民拿着刀巡视
There are fishermen walking around these hills with knives.
这里还是个国家公园
This is a national park.
那些渔民告诉我
The fishermen told me.
说,“如果这里的事捅了出去”
They said, “lf the world finds out what goes on here,
“我们就完了”
we’ll be shut down.”
你想象得出来吗?
Can you imagine that?
他们亲口这么跟我说
They actually told us that.
我们得深入那里,拍下那里发生的一切
We need to get in there and film exactly what happens.
我们需要知道真♥相♥
We need to know the truth.
日本,胜浦,浦岛旅馆
等我们回到旅馆
When we got back to the hotel–
一个大型的温泉旅馆
It’s a big spa hotel,
大家穿着浴袍,人来人往
people going by in robes,
我看到三个便衣警♥察♥在和里克说话
and there’s these three undercover cops talking to Ric.
你来日本…
是想反对…
我们捕捉海豚和鲸鱼吗?
来搞鲸鱼和海豚捕杀…

No.
抗♥议♥?

No.
– 没 – 真没?
– No. – No?

他说不是
No.
他们身后
In the background,
你可以看到一些海豚造型的游船经过窗口
you could see these dolphin boats going by in the window,
那场景,荒诞极了
and it was just– it was so surreal.
我没法…我想大笑
I couldn’t– I wanted to laugh,
但同时,又想大叫
and I wanted to scream at the same time.
我希望…
你不要进入禁区
没去,没去
No. No.
好,我懂
Right. I know.
绝对不能进入

Yeah.
我不去,不去
I don’t enter. No, no.
非常感谢
Thank you so much, and–
不客气
You’re welcome.
– 再见 – 好,再见
– See you again. – Okay. Bye-bye.
我从没计划着去做什么积极分子
I never planned on being an activist.
事情就那么接踵而至
One thing leads to another,
如今,要是有海豚遇上了麻烦
and now if there’s a dolphin in trouble
无论是在世界的哪个角落
anywhere in the world,
我的手♥机♥都会响起来
my phone will ring.
里克在海豚方面的工作举世闻名
Ric is world famous for his work with dolphins.
近年我和他第一次打交道
The first time I connected with him in recent years
哈迪·琼斯–BlueVoice.org创始人
就是一起去尼加拉瓜
was on a trip down to Nicaragua.
那里有两条海豚
There were two dolphins
困在泳池里,水里满是它们自己的排泄物
in a swimming pool filled with their own excrement.
里克不知怎么办到的 居然调遣了尼加拉瓜的军队
Ric somehow enlisted the military forces of Nicaragua.
海豚被运上直升机
The dolphins were put on a helicopter,
然后飞到海上
and then out to sea we go,
接着被释放
and the dolphins are released.
有人想捕捉野生海豚
We’re going to capture these dolphins out of the wild
并且囚禁起来
and bring them into captivity.
就有人想办法还它们自♥由♥
There are people who will set them free.
今年三月
In March of this year,
欧拜瑞在福罗里达被捕三次
O’Barry was arrested three times in Florida
罪名是擅自解救被囚海豚
for trying to free some captive dolphins.
地球日那天,他又因同样的罪名
On Earth Day, he was arrested for the same thing
在比米尼岛被捕
on the lsland of Bimini.
你被捕过多少次了?
How many times have you been arrested?
就今年吗?
This year?
军方实验基地–基韦斯特岛国家野生动物避难所
那边游泳的,你擅闯 政♥府♥授权的科研领域
Swimmer, you’re within a government-authorized test area.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!