and you can take his place on the boat.
你就代替他在船上的位置
What if I win, and I don’t want to be a smuggler?
如果我赢了又不想成为走私犯呢
Then we slit your throat, and we’re a bit shorthanded.
那么我们会割破你的喉咙 也就少了一个帮手
I find that smuggling is the life for me…
我发现走私是我命中注定的…
and would be delighted to kill your friend, the maggot.
我情愿杀了你的朋友 那个可恶的家伙
Oh, uh, by the way, Jacopo is the best knife fighter I’ve ever seen.
顺便说一声 雅格布是我见过的 最好的刀斗好手
Perhaps you should get out more.
希望你可以逃过一劫
Release Jacopo and give him back his knife.
松开雅格布 把他的刀给他
Then we let the games begin.
那么 游戏开始吧
Get up, maggot.
起来 家伙
ome on, come on!
上 上
As you hope to live, do not move an eyelash.
如果你想活命 最好不要眨眼
Senor Vampa, allow Jacopo to live.
瓦帕先生 让雅格布活下来
He’s already suffered enough with the prospect of being buried alive.
他已经受够了被活埋的恐惧
The men that wanted to see some sport have seen it.
他想他该看到的已经看到了
Those who wanted mercy for Jacopo will get it.
对雅格布表示同情的人会明白
And by keeping me and Jacopo,
留下我和雅格布
you will have yet another skilled sailor and fighter for your crew.
你又会有个好水手和斗士 为你的队伍效力
It’s a deal.
就这样
What is his name? ou’ve got the devil, Jacopo
他叫什么 碰到对手了雅格布!
His name? We shall call him Zatarra.
他的名字 我们叫他扎特尔
Sounds fearsome. It means driftwood.
听起来很可怕 他的意思是无用的人
I swear on my dead relatives,
我对天发誓
even on the ones that are not feeling too good,
虽然那些日子很糟
I am your man forever.
我永远是你的人
I know.
我知道
Eyes in the back of your head.
眼睛可以看到一切
Have you never seen Marseilles before?
以前到过马赛吗
It was my home.
那是我的家
But you do not join the others ashore.
但你没到过其他的海岸
Over here! Listen to me, Zatarra.
这里 听我说 扎特尔
Whatever happened to you, you cannot make it right by staying here on this boat.
无论你曾经发生过什么 你待在这个船上是无法弄明白的
Go. It’s up to you.
走不走 由你决定
“We are kings or pawns,” A man once said.
我们要么是统治者 要么被统治 有人曾经说过
Si. Who told you this?
谁告诉你的
Napoleon Bonaparte.
拿破仑 波拿巴
Bonaparte?
波拿巴
Oh, Zatarra, the stories you tell.
扎特尔 这就是你说的故事
Someday I may come to find you.
有一天我会来找你
A man is always in need of a good friend.
人总是需要好朋友
Truly.
的确是这样
Danglars, what’s happened?
腾格拉尔发生了什么事
Captain Reynaud is dead, sir, and Edmond Dantes disobeyed my orders.
莱克勒船长死了 先生 爱德蒙 唐太斯不听我的话
Zatarra, are you all right?
扎特尔 你还好吗
Everything’s changed.
什么都变了
I want you to buy a boat, just something the two of us can handle.
我要你去买♥♥一条船 只要两个人就能控制的
Wait for me to return. I make my next visit alone.
等我回来 我要独自去看看
Is… Is this the home of Monsieur Morell?
莫雷尔先生的家吗
My grandfather isn’t well, monsieur.
祖父的身体不太好 先生
Even if he were, he would not receive visitors at 11:00 in the evening.
即使他在 也不接见 晚上十一点钟来的客人
Perhaps he might make an exception…
或许有例外…
for a man who is seeking E-Edmond Dantes.
为了一个 寻找爱德蒙 唐太斯的人
I apologize for the hour.
抱歉这么晚打扰
Old people never sleep. Sit down, sit down.
老人从不睡觉 请坐 请坐
Julianne, some sherry
朱利娜 拿些葡萄酒
So, Monsieur Zatarra,
所以 扎特尔先生
you were a friend of Edmond?
你是爱德蒙的朋友吗
Monsieur Morell? Yes?
莫雷尔先生 什么
You knew… Edmond also?
你也认识爱德蒙
Like a son.
像他的儿子
I was hoping you could tell me where to find his family.
我希望你能告诉我 在哪能找到他的家
Unfortunately, his father hanged himself…
不幸的是 他上吊自杀了…
after learning of Edmond’s treason.
得知爱德蒙是叛国罪之后
I see.
我明白了
this… treason you speak of…
你提到的叛国罪…
Who accused him? Who knows?
谁告訴他的 谁知道呢
Monsieur Villefort, the man who had Edmond arrested,
维尔福先生 逮捕爱德蒙的那个人
left for Paris soon after to take up the post…
不久就去了巴黎胜任…
of chief prosecutor.
检察官的职务
Of course, the shock of his father’s violent murder…
当然 他爸爸被暴♥力♥谋杀的震撼…
may also have spurred his departure.
也许加快了他的起程
They were strange times.
他们不是一个时代的
You seem to have fallen on difficult times yourself, sir.
你的处境似乎很艰难 先生
After Edmond’s death, I reluctantly took on a partner.
爱德蒙死后 我勉强接受了一个合伙人
One of my captains.
一个船长
And then one day, Danglars forced me out.
然而一天 腾格拉尔逼我退出
My fate is nothing compared to Edmond’s.
我的命运跟爱德蒙相比算不了什么
Perhaps your luck is about to change.
也许改变是一种幸运
I shall search out Edmond’s fiancee.
我要找到爱德蒙的未婚妻
You mean the Countess Mondego?
你是说 蒙台哥伯爵夫人
Countess? Yes.
伯爵夫人 是的
A month after poor Edmond was arrested,
可怜的爱德蒙被捕一个月后
Mercedes wed his best friend.
美塞迪丝嫁给了他最好的朋友
Fernand. Yes, that’s right.
费尔南多 对 是他
And with the death of his father and brother in the war,
他的爸爸和弟弟在战争中死了
Fernand became Count Mondego.
费尔南多成了蒙台哥伯爵
They live in Paris now.
他们现在住在巴黎
Count and Countess Mondego.
蒙台哥伯爵和伯爵夫人
Are you all right?
你没事吧
Yes. I must go.
没事 我要走了
I’m sorry I was not more helpful. Oh, no.
抱歉 我帮不上忙 不
You told me what I needed to know.
你说了我需要知道的
Edmond Dantes is dead.
爱德蒙 唐太斯死了
atarra. Zatarra, you will be so proud of me.
扎特尔 扎特尔 你会为我而自豪的
I found a nice little skiff. We couldn’t afford a sloop.
我找到了一条漂亮的小船 我们买♥♥不起单桅帆船
Got a really good deal. Za-Zatarra?
真的很划算 扎特尔
Zatarra.
扎特尔
Zatarra, the boat cannot hold no more,
扎特尔 船不能承载了
and there are at least eight more boatloads down there!
至少还要八条来装
Do you not understand?
你不明白吗
You are wealthier than any man I have ever heard of.
你比我听说的任何人都富有
Whatever your problems were, they are over.
无论什么问题都解决了
What do you want to buy?
你想买♥♥什么
Revenge.
报仇
Okay, revenge. Who?
好 报仇 谁
Danglars, Villefort,
腾格拉尔 维尔福
Fernand and Mercedes.
费尔南多和美塞迪丝
Right.
好
We kill these people, then we spend the treasure.
我们杀了这些人 然后再花钱
No, we will study them, learn their weaknesses.
不 我们要研究他们 找到他们的弱点
Why not just kill them? I’ll do it.
为什么不简单的杀了他们 我去
I’ll run up to Paris… bam, bam, bam, bam!
我去巴黎
I’m back before week’s end. We spend the treasure.
我会在周末之前回来 然后我们花钱
How is this a bad plan?
这个计划怎么样
Death is too good for them.
死太便宜他们了
They must suffer as I suffered.
他们必须遭受和我一样的痛苦
They must see their world, all they hold dear,
他们要看到他们的世界 所拥有的所有美好的东西
ripped from them as it was ripped from me.
从他们身边剥夺 就像从我身上夺走的一样
You will need a better name than Zatarra if you are to accomplish that.
你需要一个比扎特尔更好的名字 如果你想达到目的
Then I shall become a count.
我要成为伯爵
I bid you good afternoon, sir.
下午快乐 先生
I’m here to purchase your lovely home.
我来着儿想购买♥♥你美丽的家园
The very cheek! I shall have you horsewhipped!
厚颜无♥耻♥ 滚开吧
Now, get off my property, you vagabond,
现在 拿走我的财产 无懒汉
before I set the dogs on you, you hear?
在我放狗咬你之前 听到了吗
Thank you.
谢谢
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们 先生们
it is with great honor that I present to you His Grace,
非常荣幸向各位介绍阁下
the Count of Monte Cristo.
基♥督♥山伯爵
Greetings.
晚上好