无论是爆♥炸♥或坍缩的超新星
whether it’s the explosion or collapse of a supernova,
超超新星 还是双星驱动的超新星
a hypernova or a binary driven supernova,
都使科学能够理解一些事情 就是
enables science to understand something, which,
根据恒星不朽的假设
on the hypothesis of the immortality of the stars,
这对我们来说将比现在更难以解释
would remain even more inexplicable to us than it already is.
由于于光的速度和
By virtue of the relationship between the speed of light
从地球到数十亿类太阳系的距离的关系
and the distance of billions of solar systems from the earth,
我们能继续看到死亡恒星
we continue to see dead stars
即使他们已经不存在了
even though they no longer exist.
事实上 正是它们灾难性的结局向我们揭示了它们
Indeed, it is precisely their disastrous end that reveals them to us.
一个可以持续几个世纪 几个月
An epiphany that can last centuries, months
或几秒钟的顿悟
or a handful of seconds.
总之 这是一个关于死亡的启示
In any case it is the revelation of a death
它发生的数十亿年前
that occurred billions of years ago.
科学家们正在做的是与这种已经不存在的东西进行对话
What scientists are doing is dialoguing with that, which no longer exists.
你对此怎么看?
What do you make of that?
爱米·瑞安 她论文的题目
Amy Ryan. Her thesis,
“从客星到超新星:与死亡恒星的对话”
“from guest stars to supernovas: A dialogue with dead stars,”
受到学校董事会高度赞扬
was highly commended by the university board.
我们现在授予她天体物理学和宇宙学学位
We now confer on her a degree in astrophysics and cosmology.
以优异的成绩获得一等荣誉
First class honours with distinction.
哦 我很自豪 为你骄傲 – 谢谢
Oh, I’m so proud, so proud of you. – Thank you.
祝贺 – 爱米 这是给你的
Congratulations. – This is for you, Amy.
或者我该说瑞安博士?
Or should I say doctor Ryan?
非常感谢你 – 不用谢​​
Thank you very much. – You are welcome.
恭喜我亲爱的 艾德
Congratulations my darling, ed.
嗨 谢谢你能来 – 做得好
Hi. Thank you for coming. – Very well done.
谢谢
Thanks.
啊 好吧 我们肯定要来的
Ah well, we could hardly fail to be here.
我介绍下尼古拉斯 我弟弟 – 恭喜你 爱米
Can I introduce Nicholas, my brother? – Congratulations, Amy.
谢谢
Thank you.
失陪一会
Excuse me.
我希望你喜欢这些花 亲爱的
I hope you liked the flowers my love.
但请记得去取你的毕业礼物
But remember you still have to earn your graduation gift.
明天去赫尔曼街45号♥ 一楼
Go tomorrow to 45 Herrmann street, first floor.
我会跟你联♥系♥ 你的艾德
I’ll be in touch soon, your ed.
对不起 我不明白
I’m sorry. I don’t understand.
艾德·费厄姆教授
Professor ed Phoerum
已经把他在Borgoventoso的财产唯一所有权给了你
has left you sole ownership of his property in Borgoventoso.
但是…
But…
你现在愿意签字接受这份遗产吗?
Would you now be so kind to sign for acceptance of the legacy?
这里
Here.
之后我们可以敲定契约
After that we can finalize the deed.
问一句 可是…
Excuse me, but…
费厄姆家人知道这件事吗?- 他们当然知道
Does the Phoerum family know about this? – Of course they do.
这笔遗产是教授最后遗嘱的一部分
The legacy is part of the professor’s last will and testament.

Please.
嗨 神风
Hi, kamikaze.
你不知道 你能来我是多么的高兴
You don’t know how happy I am that you’re here.
不知为什么
Who knows why,
但我不认为你在房♥里的火边
but I don’t imagine you in the house by the fire somehow
而是在外面 在湖边
but outside, by the lake,
或露台上
or on the terrace.
请原谅我背对你
Excuse my back.
我并不想无礼
I don’t mean to be rude.
但是 随着时光流逝 我似乎更虚荣了
But the more time goes by, the more vain I seem to get.
所以今天我决定向你展示我最好的一面
So today I decided to show you my best side.
毕竟 超新星还是继续在它轨道上运转
After all, even a supernova continues to rotate in its orbit.
虽然或早或晚
Although sooner or later,
在几个世纪或在几秒钟内
in centuries or in seconds,
那个时刻到来时 它会恢复
a moment comes when it reverts
成它诞生时的虚无
to the nothingness from which it was born.
我不可能违背这个规律
And there’s no way I am going to be an exception to that rule.
所以我担心 我亲爱的…
So I fear, my darling…
我想不出更多的办法
I won’t manage to come up with any more ideas,
来陪伴你左右了
how to be with you.
但是你知道
But you know,
把痛苦和恐惧归因于虚无感是不公平的
it’s not fair to attribute anguish and fear to a sense of nothingness.
人类的心灵永远无法把握无限
The human mind will never be able to grasp infinity,
甚至无法真正理解爱
not even truly understand love.
所以 我不想你哭
So I don’t want you to cry.
一切都有逻辑
There’s a logic to everything.
据我所知 在出生的那一刻
For all I know, at the moment of birth,
我们所有人都拥有永生之礼
all of us possess the gift of immortality.
你会问 “那我们为什么会死呢?”
You’ll ask “then why do we die?”.
因为在我们生命的过程中
Because in the course of our existence
我们犯了一个错
we commit one mistake,
就一个
just one
但是 这使我们失去了永生之礼
but that makes us lose the gift of eternal life.
我已经听到你在问:
I can already hear you asking:
“是什么错误呀?”
“What mistake?”
我们无从知道
It’s not given to us to know
但正是因为这个错误
but it is because of that mistake
人类才变成了凡人
that human beings become mortal.
当然 你可能会提出异议
Of course you’ll probably raise the objection
认为没有人活得足够长
that no one has ever lived long enough
能够证明这一理论的可靠性
to demonstrate the reliability of that theory
这是真的
and that’s true.
但也确实没有人例外
But it’s also true that nobody has ever been an exception to it.
逻辑 逻辑 逻辑
Logic, logic, logic.
我明白我错在哪
I understood what my mistake was.
不是每个人都能弄明白
Not everybody reaches that.
但我做到了
But I did.
我的错误是不能更早的遇见你
My mistake was not meeting you sooner.
不能够再与你一起生活
Not being able to live with you longer.
在我看来 这是一个没收永生之礼的
That seems to me a good enough reason
足够好的理由
to forfeit the gift of immortality.
不过 多亏有你 亲爱的
But thanks to you, my darling,
过去的三个月…
these last three months have been…
美好
Beautiful,
美好 美好的…
beautiful, beautiful…
我正试图想出一个最初的结局
I’m trying to think of an original closure,
但我能想到的…
but all I can come up with…
只有我爱你
Is I love you.
这件作品有一个离奇的故事
Now, there’s a curious story connected with this work
它实际上是个废品
it’s actually the reject.
我们在制♥作♥时 模特状态不好
When we made it, the model wasn’t well,
她挪动了
she moved.
我们重新制♥作♥
We repeated the cast,
做出绝对完美的
absolute perfection.
但是 从那一刻起 我不由得想知道
But from that moment on I couldn’t stop wondering
为什么畸形的版本如此富有表现力
why the deformed version was so expressive,
而完美的铸品对我而言毫无意义
while the perfect cast said nothing to me.
没人知道那个女人发生了什么事
Who knows what happened to that woman,
但我觉得这里捕捉到的是一种神秘痛苦的印记
but I feel what’s captured here is it’s an imprint of a mysterious pain.
我想和她好好的谈谈
I’d like to have talked to her about it.
我曾试过去找她 但她似乎消失了
I’ve tried to find her since, but she seems to have vanished.
非常有趣 – 是的 当然
That’s very interesting. – Yes, sure.
这是我第一次看到你在作品中用白色
This is the first time I see you working in white.
这是你的新方向?
Is this a new direction for you?
我不知道我的作品要向什么样的方向发展
I don’t know what direction my work is going to take.
爱米
Amy!
贾森 你在这里做什么?- 没什么 我…
Jason! What are you doing here? – Nothing, I…
我觉得可能会在这里遇到你
I thought I might find you here.
好多年没见了 你换掉了所有联♥系♥方式
Haven’t seen you for ages. You’ve changed all your contact numbers.
嗯…是啊 是啊
Uhm… yeah, yeah.
处理完了?
You’re tied up’?
一起去喝一杯吗?
Do you wanna go for a drink’?
呃…今晚不行 不行
Uhm… not tonight, no,
但我会打电♥话♥给你 这样你就有我的新号♥码啦
but I’ll call you, and that way you’ll have my new number

我们再做安排了
and we’ll fix something up.
说好了?
Promise?
说好了
Promise.