你在看什么?
What are you looking at?
我想想念你周围的整个世界
I feel like missing the whole world around you,
就像我想念你一样
almost as much as I miss you yourself.
保重 我的可爱的女孩
Take care, my lovely girl.
再见 你的艾德
See you soon. Your ed.
爱丁堡 2015年1月20日
Edinburgh, January 20th, 2015.
我现在无法接听 请留言
I’m unavailable right now, please leave a message.
是你在找费厄姆教授?
Is it you who’s looking for professor Phoerum?
是的
Yes.
我也有日子没有他的消息了 – 他不在这教书了吗?
I haven’t heard from him for some time. – Doesn’t he teach here?
哦 早不在了
Oh, not anymore.
我知道他身体不是很好 可你为什么找他?
I know he wasn’t well. But why are you looking for him?
对不起 我找不到他
I’m sorry, I can’t find him.
你查过城里的墓地吗?
Have you checked to the graveyards in the city?
是的 我有
Yes, I have.
但是没有记录 – 你确定他死亡?
But there’s no record. – And you’re sure he’s deceased?
哦 等一下 对不起
Oh, hang on. I’m sorry.
在这里 艾德华·费厄姆
Here he is. Edward Phoerum.
事实上 没有坟墓 他是1月20日被火化
In fact, there’s no grave but he was cremated on the 20th of January.
谢谢
Thank you.
亲爱的 如果你是我懂得的女孩
My love, if you’re the girl I know,
我猜你会去我的家乡
I guess you’ll be going to my home town
探索我的老房♥子
exploring my old homes.
如果是这样 如果我没想错
If that’s right, if I’m not mistaken
请到格伦·杜雷尔的办公室
please go to the offices of Glen Durrell
…342号♥ 纽因顿街
…342 Newington street.
想你 抱你
I’m thinking of you and hugging you.
我永远不会抛弃你 你的艾德
I will never abandon you. Your ed.
请在这里签名
Please, sign here.
所以 费厄姆教授是不是…
So professor Phoerum isn’t…
不…
Isn’t…
不幸
Unfortunately.
不久 他去世前
Shortly before he died,
他给我留了一些信托存款给你
he left me something in fiduciary deposit for you.
如果有什么我能做的 不要犹豫 打电♥话♥
If there’s anything I can do, don’t hesitate to call.
你好 爱米 这是我爸爸留下的
Hello Amy, this belonged to my dad.
他每次大学考试都戴着它
He wore it for every university exam
从未挂科 后来我也戴着它
and never failed one. I wore it after him.
我相信它对你有用
I’m sure it’ll work for you.
无论何时 何地 我永远爱你
I will love you anyway, everywhere, forever.
你的艾德
Your ed.
小姐 小姐
Miss! Miss!
你忘了这个
You forgot this.
爱米·瑞安小姐?- 是的
Miss Amy Ryan? – Yes.
就差你了
You’re the last one.
你好 爱米
Hello Amy.
你知道 我开始明白这一点
You know, I’m beginning to get it.
我的意思是 为什么当你离开这个世界
I mean, the reason why when you cross to the other side
你首先失去的就是话语权
the first thing you lose is the right to speak.
因为…
Because…
因为你根本不知道该从何说起…
Because you don’t have a clue where the fuck to begin…
是啊 我知道你在想什么
Yeah, I know what you’re thinking.
我知道得很清楚
I know perfectly well.
为什么我不告诉你
Why didn’t I tell you.
为什么我不告诉你?
Why didn’t I tell you?
嗯 因为这看来毫无意义
Well, because it seemed pointless,
不合适 我的意思是 不合拍
inappropriate, I mean, out of tune.
一些不属于我们的东西
Something that should have no part of us,
一些与我们无关的东西
something that had nothing to do with us
最终没有发生
and which, at the end of the day, hasn’t happened.
另外 我不希望看到你难过
Besides that, I didn’t want to see you suffer.
你会认为我现在很轻松 没有看到你痛苦
You’ll think it’s easy for me now, not seeing your pain.
你是对的 这很轻松
And you’re right, it is easy,
但你知道我一直是个幸运的魔鬼
but you know I have always been a lucky devil.
另一方面 我很抱歉没能收到你的留言
On the other hand, I am sorry not to be able to get your messages.
但谁知道呢
But who knows,
也许我们的分身会有所收获
maybe our doubles will come up with something.
谁知道?让我们来看看
Who knows? Let’s see.
从我自己来说
In my own small way,
我最近一直在思考这个问题
I’ve been putting a lot of thoughts into this lately.
所以你会看到
So you’ll see,
你的老巫师不会不抗争就放弃你
your old wizard won’t abandon you without a struggle.
但我不想成为那些
But I don’t want to become one of those ghosts
最终陷入困境的鬼魂之一
who end up in a kind of limbo,
只是成为他们留下的人的痛苦
just being a pain in the arse to those they leave behind.
当你受够了我固执的存在时
When you get fed up with my existential stubbornness
你可以给我的地址发一封电子邮件
you’ll send an email to my address
重复11次你自己的名字
with your own name repeated eleven times.
这样
Just that.
我就不会再打扰你了
Then I’ll leave you in peace.
这是怎么回事?- 有问题吗?
What’s going on? – Ls there a problem?
你还好吗?- 嗯…
Everything all right? – Uhm…
好了 我们完工了
OK, we’re done.
你没事吧 爱米?
Are you OK, Amy?
好了 可以了?
OK, got it?
小心 – 好的
Be careful. – OK.
她动了 这个模不行了
She moved. The cast isn’t right.
这个脸脱模非常糟糕… – 喂 有事吗?
The face stands out very badly… – Hey, something up?
不 不 我没事
No, no. Everything’s fine.
对不起 – 坐下
Sorry. – Sit down.
我知道在那里面太可怕 – 我觉得我快要窒息了
It’s terrible in there, I know. – I felt I was suffocating.
一天活白干了 我们得重做
A day’s work wasted. We’ll have to re-do the whole thing.
她必须呆在里面纹丝不动 不能流眼泪
She must stay completely still. She can’t shed tears.
如果身躯部分没问题 就只用做头部 是吗?
If the body is ok, let’s just do the head, eh?
没有捷径 伙计们 得做全身
No short-cuts, guys. The whole body.
如果你不喜欢干 我就换别人
If you don’t feel like it, I’ll get someone else.
没关系 我再做一遍
It’s all right, I’ll do it again.
闭馆了
Closing time!
打扰 几天前到的 是给你的
Excuse me, but this arrived for you a few days ago.
本打算转发到您家里的地址 可既然你来这里…
We were going to forward it to your home address but since you are here…
谢谢 – 晚安
Thank you. – Good evening.
原谅我 神风 我忘了
Forgive me, kamikaze, I forgot.
亲一个 你的艾德
Big kiss. Your ed.
如果我没有记错
If my memory hasn’t failed me,
你今天要参加关于星系光谱演化的考试
you’ve got to take an exam today on the spectral evolution of the galaxies.
你学习够努力吗?希望你努力
Have you studied hard enough? I hope so.
要是我碰巧是你的考官
If I happened to be your examiner,
我得问你有关
I’d ask you about the statistical fluctuations
通尼-施耐德方法的统计波动
of the tonry-Schneider method,
因为我知道你喜欢这个课题
because I know you like that subject.
不管怎样 祝你好运
Anyway fingers crossed,
再聊 吻你 艾德
I’ll try calling you later. Kisses, ed.
我看你的成绩很好
I see here you have excellent marks.
怎么还拉长脸?你在担心什么?
So why the long face? What’s on your mind?
没什么
Nothing.
睡眠不足 也许 抱歉
Not enough sleep, maybe. Sorry.
我很乐意帮你
I’d like to help you.
选择你想要的课题
Pick any subject, of your choice.
恒星群统计波动…
Statistical fluctuations in the stellar populations…
通尼-施耐德方法 – 非常好的选题 接着说
And the tonry-Schneider method. – Excellent choice. Go ahead.
不可能
Impossible.
您好尼古拉 今天是你的十八岁生日
Hello Nicholas, today is your eighteenth birthday.
我不会错过的 至少今天不会
I couldn’t miss it, certainly not this one.
无疑你正在变成一个优秀的青年
I’ve no doubt you’re turning into a fine young man.
但是 如果你听从自己的直觉
But if you’ve followed your instinct to ignore
无视我多年来给你的所有好建议
all that good advice I’ve given you over the years,
那么我就不会担心你的未来
then I’ve no worries for your future.
但父亲就父亲
But a father is a father
他会忍♥不住给孩子们提供明智的建议…
and can’t help doling out wise counsel to his children…
瑞安小姐 这个给你
Miss Ryan! This is for you.