Launch.
下潜
500 feet.
500英尺
Leveling out.
准备启动激光系统
Okay,guys,let’s swing forward.
好了伙计们 我们笔直前进吧
800 feet.
800英尺
Light them up,Beck.
点火 小贝
Gyro leveling operational.
启动导航系统
Hull integrity holding.
启动外壳损伤检查系统
I’m going to keep her nose down about 15 degrees and…
我来把船体调整为15度倾角
Oh,my goodness.
我的天哪
They’re singing to us.
它们在向我们发信♥号♥♥
Virgil’s resonance tubes are powered up,
这是因为维吉尔号♥的共振引起的
so they’re vibrating sub sonically.
所以它们作出回应
Actually,we’re singing to them.
实际上 是我们在向它们发信♥号♥♥
What’s our depth?
深度
1,600 feet,plenty of room on both sides.
1600英尺 裂缝两边都有足够的空间
Hull integrity is good.
船体完好无损
You sure?
确定
Let’s increase impeller speed.
增加推进器的速度
I think we’ll be needing additional control.
我想我们需要附加控制了
Stick,I’m getting a seismic reading.
史狄克 有地震信♥号♥♥
What’s happening?
发生什么事了
T -phase. Underwater earthquake.
T级 水下地震
Still think the water-launch was a good idea?
你仍然认为水下发射是个好主意吗
Yes,yes,I chose this location because the crust is thin here.
是的 是的 我选择这里是因为这里的地壳很薄
The downside is… there’s lots of seismic activity.
地震行为越来越频繁了
4,000 feet.
4000英尺
You see that rock?
看到那块石头了吗
That is not good.
好像不大妙
We’re losing steering here.
我们无法控制方向了
There’s some kind of crosscurrent.
有一股暗流在侧面推我们
14,000 feet.
14000英尺
Okay,guys,fasten your seat belts.
伙计们 系好安全带
We’re turning into the skid.
我们要刹车了
18,000.
18000英尺
18,500.
18500英尺
They’re going way too fast.
他们的速度太快了
21,000 feet.
21000英尺
We hit the wall,
我们就要到达地壳了
we’re rabbits on the highway.
我们就像是高速公路上的兔子
Pressure,pressure,pressure,pressure.
压力 压力 压力 压力
What do you mean,pressure?
你是什么意思 压力
I thought you said this thing was indestructible!
你好像说过这是不可能的
I said the pressure makes us stronger.
压力只会让我们更强大
We just don’t have enough of it yet.
压力还不够
We’re at 25,000 feet. Pull out,sir.
已经25000英尺了 准备启动吧
Can’t.
不行
What? We’re locked in.
什么 我们周围的空间还不够
Go to full throttle.
等到全速
Standby to engage front and lateral lasers,please.
准备启动主激光器和辅助激光器
But what if we hit bottom in ten seconds here?
还有10秒种我们就要撞上地壳了
Just give it a couple more seconds.
再等几秒钟
The lasers will fire.
就发射激光
No,there’s not enough time for power-up.
不行 时间不够了
27,000 feet.
27000英尺
The lasers will deploy.
准备发射激光
29,000 feet.
29000英尺
Do it!
快点 发射
Do it! Now.
发射 现在
And we’ve got a signal.
收到信♥号♥♥了
All right.
太棒了
All right.
很好
Switching on electron spin burst transmitters.
切换为电力钻探系统
Plotting through lowest density material
每五分钟检测一次
reconfiguring every five minutes.
周围环境的密度
Hull integrity 100%. Reactor power 100%.
船体完好无损 反应堆工作正常
All green on the bomb compartment.
武器仓完好无损
Speed is 60 knots.
航速60节
Hot damn.
外面真热
All right,we’ll be through the crust in 15 minutes
我们将在十五分钟内穿过地壳
and into the mantle.
然后进入内部
24 hours to the core,and then assuming we survive…
如果我们能挺住 24小时内到达地核
Assuming? Yes,assuming.
假如 没错 假如
Another 15 hours to the inner core-outer core border.
然后还需要15小时到达里核
They’re doing well.
干得好
The crust is just rock.
地壳只不过是一层石头
Now it gets interesting.
现在才开始真正的挑战
Virgil,can we get a status check?
维吉尔号♥ 检查一下周围的情况
We’re about to make the transition into the mantle.
我们要进入地球内部了
Come on,come on.
加油
Well,exterior pressure is 800,000 pounds
外面的压力居然这么大
per square inch.
每平方英寸800000磅
And hull integrity is 100%.
船体完好度100%
It is as if we we’re diving through the memories
好像我们在这个星球的记忆里面
of the planet.
潜水
But we are about to pass from memory
我们好像要穿过记忆
into madness.
到达深层的疯狂地带
Are you going to be doing that Carl Sagan narration
你要一路这么念下去你那
all the way to the core?
蹩脚的诗吗
I beg your pardon? I said…
请再说一遍 我说
I-I have an obligation to my students,to my readers…
我对我的学生 我的读者有这个义务
An obligation to make a book deal perhaps?
你有这个义务吗
Two book deals,if you’d like to know the truth.
两本书 如果你想知道真像
I read that last book. It wasn’t very good.
我以前读过最后一本书 写得不是很好
Oh,really? Really?
真的吗 真的
When did you learn how to read?
你什么时候学习读书写字的
People

Drs. Zimsky and Keyes?
辛斯基博士和凯斯博士过来一下
You guys are our resident geophysicists.
你们是我们的地球物理学家
What do you make of this?
看看这是什么东西
The mantle is a chemical hodgepodge of… a variety of elements…
这是一团大杂烩 由很多东西组成的
Say it with me “l don’t know.”
说 “我不知道”
Well,Commander
那么 船长
wise men say,”When in doubt,you should go around.”
聪明人说 当你不确定的时候 应该四处走走确定一下
No. It’s too big.
不行 这东西太大了
We turn too slow.
我们的转向不够快
Anything that we can’t go through
如果有我们不能穿过的东西
displays as black.
它应该是黑色的
So what’s… what’s static?
那么 这到底是什么
It’s nothing.
什么也不是
What do you mean?
什么意思
It’s nothing.
什么也不是
It’s empty space.
这里应该是空的
I…

I never taught the computer how to read empty space.
我忘记教电脑识别这种虚空状态了
And I never taught Virgil how to fly.
我也忘记教维吉尔号♥学习飞行了
God!
天哪
dear God.
上帝啊
Serge,you all right?
赛吉 你还好吗
Yeah.
我没事
Anybody hurt?
有人受伤吗
No. You okay?
我没事 你呢
Yeah.
我也没事
What’s that? What is that?
那是什么 那是什么
From the cooling system. Shut that down.
从冷却系统来的 快关掉
Shut it down.
关掉
I told you to go around her.
我告诉过你要绕开她走
Nobody listens to me.
没人听我的
Where in God’s name are we?
我们到底在哪里
Whatever has us jammed up is inside our lasers.
我们的激光钻头坏了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!