没事的 不用担心
It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.
当红色的 红色的知更鸟
When the red, red robin
一直振动着 振动着
Goes bob, bob, bobbin’ along
振动着
Along
天使…
Angel…
上帝 如果一切都完结了
God, it will be so good…
那该多好啊
to be finished with all this.
我爱你
I love you.
没事的 宝贝
It’s all right, baby.
没事的
It’s all right.
我们一起在这里呆了太长时间了
We’re spending too much time together here.
不怕 我们再呆长些时间吧
No. Let’s stay just a little longer.
“杀了我们”
“Kill us.”
他有机会就会杀了他们
He’d kill them if he had a chance.
他有机会就会杀了我们
He’d kill us if he got the chance.
噢 上帝啊 我♥干♥了些什么啊
Oh, God. What have I done?
我要销毁这些录音带
I have to destroy the tapes.
不能让它再发生了
I can’t let it happen again.
我得回去了 差不多两点了
I better get back. It’s almost 2:00.
噢 请别走
Oh, please, don’t go.
因为我 有个家庭遭到谋杀
A family was murdered because of me.
我知道
I know.
我知道 哈利
I know, Harry.
任何事都会有结果的
Everything will turn out.
噢 上帝 一点保护都没有
Oh, God. There’s no protection.
他们去哪儿我就跟到哪儿
I follow them wherever they’re going.
我能听到他们说话
And I can hear them.
再见
Bye-bye.
噢 等等 你眼里有些东西
Oh, wait, you have something in your eye.
是吗
Yeah?
其实没什么东西
You really don’t.
我只是想吻你
I just wanted to kiss you.
我原谅你
I forgive you.
我原谅你 亲爱的
I forgive you, darling.
我原谅你
I forgive you.
听着
Listen.
听着 我叫哈利·科尔
Listen. My name is Harry Caul.
能听到我说话吗
Can you hear me?
别害伯
Don’t be afraid.
我…我知道你不知道我是谁
I… I know you don’t know who I am…
可是我认识你
but I know you.
我自己没什么好多说的
There isn’t much to say about myself.
我…
I…
我小时候有病
Sick when I was a boy.
我小时候病得很厉宫
I was very sick when I was a boy.
我的左臂和左腿都瘫痪了
I was paralyzed in my left arm and my left leg.
我有6个月不能走路
I couldn’t walk for six months.
有个医生说我可能再也无法走路了
One doctor said that I’d probably never walk again.
我母亲…
My mother…
我母亲经常把我放进热水里
My mother used to lower me into a hot bath.
这是种疗法
It was therapy.
有一次门铃响了
One time the doorbell rang…
她下去开门
and she went down to answer it.
我开始向下滑
I started sliding down.
我能感觉到热水
I could feel the water.
水开始到达我的下巴 鼻子
It started coming up to my chin, to my nose.
当我醒来时
When I woke up…
我全身都涂满了神油
my body was all greasy from the holy oil…
是母亲涂到我身上的
she put on my body.
我记得对自己竟然能活下来感到很失望
I remember being disappointed I survived.
在我5岁时
When I was 5…
我…我的父亲把我介绍给他的一个朋友
my… my father introduced me to a friend of his.
不知什么缘故 我朝他的肚皮打去
For no reason, I hit him in the stomach.
一年后他死了
He died a year later.
他有机会就会杀了你
He’ll kill you if he gets a chance.
我不怕死
I’m not afraid of death.
我怕被谋杀
I am afraid of murder.
梅雷迪斯
Meredith?
嘿
Hey.
婊♥子♥
Bitch.
早上好能帮你什么忙吗
Good morning. May I help you?
嗯 请接765号♥分机
Yes. Extension 765, please.
请稍等
One moment, please.
董事长办公室
Director’s office.
我想找董事长的助理
I’d like to speak to the director’s assistant, please.
思德特先生 呃 马丁·思德特先生
Mr Stett. Uh, Mr Martin Stett.
科尔先生找他
Mr Caul is on the line.
请稍等
One moment, please.
对不起 现在找不到他
I’m sorry. That’s impossible now.
可以给你回电吗
Can we get back to you?
不行 我…我…我必须得和他说话
No, I… I… I have to talk to him.
能再说一遍您的名字吗
Can we have your name again?
科尔
Caul.
可以拼写出来吗
Would you mind spelling that?
科…尔科尔
C-A-U-L. Caul.
我记下来了
I’m putting you on hold.
科尔先生 我们会尽快给你回电
Mr Caul, we’ll get right back to you.
不 你没有我的电♥话♥号♥码
No. You don’t have my telephone number.
喂
Hello?
嗯
Yes?
科尔先生吗 我是马丁·思德特
Mr Caul? This is Martin Stett.
你怎么知道这个号♥码
How did you get this number?
我们对每个前来和董事长联♥系♥的人
We prepare dossiers on everyone…
都会归档
who comes in contact with the director.
你知道这就是说我们一直在监视你
You know that means we’ve been watching you.
我们拿到了录音带
We have the tapes.
这些带子现在很安全
They’re perfectly safe.
董事长很想尽快听到录音带的内容
The director was anxious to hear them as soon as possible.
你似乎…我不知道…受到了困扰
You seemed to be… I don’t know… disturbed.
我不能冒被你销毁录音带的险
I couldn’t risk you destroying our tapes.
你明白了吧 科尔先生
You understand, don’t you, Mr Caul?
我们的带子和你一点关系都没有
Our tapes have nothing to do with you.
你为什么现在不
Why don’t you come over now…
带着照片过来呢
and bring the photographs?
董事长在这里
The director’s here…
他准备给你全额支付报酬
and he’s prepared to pay you in full.
每次我一见到这些老人
Every time I see one of those old guys…
就总会想起同一件事
I think the same thing.
你想起了什么
What do you think?
我总在想 他曾经是某人的小儿子
I always think that he was once somebody’s baby boy.
我真的是这样想
Really. I… I do.
他曾经是某人的小儿子
He was once somebody’s baby boy…
他也有爱他的父母
and he had a mother and father who loved him…
可是现在他就躺在那儿
and now, there he is…
在公园的长椅上半死的样子
half dead on a park bench.
他的父母和叔叔们
And where are his mother or his father…
现在在哪儿呢
all his uncles now?
不管怎样 这就是我总在想的事
Anyway, that’s what I always think.
我总在想
I always think…
当他们在纽约进行报纸罢♥工♥时
how, when they had the newspaper strike in New York…
更多的老人是怎样死去的
more of those old guys died.
晚上有50个老人被冻死
50 of them froze to death in one night.
就因为没有报纸吗
Just because there were no newspapers?
是的 报纸可以让他们取暖
Really. Keeps them warm.
听起来真糟糕
Sounds terrible.
到底是谁先开始这个对话的
Who started this conversation anyhow?
是你
You did.
不是我
Did not.
是你先开口的 只是你忘了
Yes, you did. You just don’t remember it.
噢 马克 没事的 我们可以谈
Oh, Mark, it’s all right. We can talk.