Well, you know, you wouldn’t have a few bucks, maybe…
给我救救急,或者…
for my troubles, or…
我真的没多余的钱,德雷克
I don’t really have a couple of bucks to spare, Drake.
没事的,没事的
Well, that’s cool. You know, that’s cool.
很高兴能帮你,好的
I was glad to help, and… okay.
德雷克
Drake.
伙计,谢谢你
Man, thank you.
伙计们,谢谢你 嘿,你知道吗?
Guys, thank you. Hey, you know what?
随时都可以来看我
Drop by any time you want. Come visit.
安东尼,要好好上学,知道吗?
And Anthony, keep doing school, okay?
– 因为那是最重要的,知道吗? – 好的
– ‘Cause that’s my theme song. – All right.
再见,德雷克
Bye, Drake.
我要给你看些东西
I want to show you something.
这样可以吗?
Is this okay?
别担心,他们认识我
Don’t worry. They know me.
再说看起来也没人在家
Doesn’t look like anyone’s home, anyway.
看到没?
See this?
是我建的
I built it.
这个叫做花架
It’s called a trellis.
你知道,一般来说这个是 简单的四四方方的样子
You know, usually they’re simple and boxy…
但是我加了一些雕刻
but I added some carvings…
做了一些细节上的修饰
did some detail work.
看起来很棒,爸爸
Wow. Looks pretty good, Dad.
我想是的
I think so.
你知道,这具有象征性
You know, it makes a statement.
证明有人来过这,做过一些事
Says somebody’s been here, somebody cares.
他们似乎很喜欢
They seemed to like it.
我报♥警♥了
I called the police.
– 夫人,是我,沃尔特 – 离开我的院子
– Ma’am, It’s me, Walt. – Get out of my yard.
我的狗可是会咬人的
My dog is trained to attack.
– 不,我建了… – 咬他们,黛西
– No, I built… – Get them, Daisy.
我们有麻烦了吗?
Are we in trouble?
别担心,没事的
Don’t worry. It’s fine.
把手举在我能看到的地方
Hands where I can see them.
抱歉,我只是给我儿子看…
I’m sorry. I was just showing my son…
出示身份证和驾照
License and registration.
听着,我建造了那花架,还有…
See, I built the trellis, and…
还有你的驾照
And your license.
抱歉,我没带
I’m sorry. I don’t have it on me.
你是凯尔·扎布勒?
Are you Kyle Zabler?
是的,警官,我是凯尔·扎布勒
Yes, officer. I am Kyle Zabler.
这是我儿子…继子
And this is my son… stepson.
她家的花架是我建造的
See, I built her trellis and…
这是你的继父?
This your stepdad?
我们这么办
Here’s what I’m gonna do.
我要请你别再进入 别人家的院子,好吗?
I’m going to ask you to try and stay out of other people’s yards, okay?
但是我得因为你无照驾驶 给你开张罚单
But I am gonna write you up for driving without a license.
说得对
Fair enough.
那个花架的主人不知道我是谁
That trellis lady had no idea who I was.
我在她家工作了一周 她甚至不记得我
Worked at her house for a week, didn’t even remember me.
她应该记得
She should’ve.
也许她是个没教养的人
Maybe she’s a Philistine.
我也喜欢你的书架
I liked your bookshelves, too.
凯尔不喜欢
Kyle didn’t.
他有说过为什么吗?
Did he say why he didn’t like them?
– 他说他不喜欢那颜色 – 颜色?
– He said he didn’t like the color. – The color?
是松木做的,没有涂油漆
They were pine. They were wood color.
现在开始别惹麻烦了
You try and stay out of trouble now.
是的,警官
Yes, officer.
我们现在怎么办?
What do we do now?
你有家庭作业吗?
Got any homework?
是的
Yeah.
你的成绩单?
Your report card.
怎么样?
How did you do?
还好
Okay.
A,A,A
“A”, “A”, “A”.
都是A
Straight “A”s. Wow.
听着,凯尔有留下
Listen, did Kyle…
什么搞木匠的工具吗?
have any leftover trim for the kitchen entry?
有的
Yeah.
你要帮我一起修吗?
You want to help me fix it?
– 好的 – 是吗?
– Okay. – Yeah?
我们把门也修修
We’ll fix that sticking door, too.
想在里面加点油灰吗?
You want to put a little putty in there?
– 看到这里的边缘了吗?那叫窗侧 – 窗侧?
You see this edge here?
– That’s called a reveal. – A reveal?
是的,因为下面还有一些
Yeah, ’cause it reveals some of the piece below it.
如果足够平坦的话 可以叫它”锃亮”
You know, if it were even, it would be called flush…
因为它很锃亮
because it’s flush.
锃亮
Flush.
如果它像这个一样突出
And if it protrudes, like this one…
就叫做”自豪”
then it’s called proud.
“自豪”
Proud.
是的,因为它很突出
Yeah, ’cause it’s sticking out…
好像它很自负,对吧?
like it’s boastful, right?
你知道,木工手艺 只是给人完美的幻觉
You see, carpentry is only the illusion of perfection…
但我们可以接近完美
but we can come close.
人们都说神住在细节里
They say God lives in the details.
是吗?
He does?
如果他不住在细节里 那么住在哪里?
Well, if he doesn’t live in the details, where does he live?
我不知道
I don’t know.

See…
糟糕的手艺是一种罪过
bad workmanship is a sin.
人们不像过去那样重视细活了
People don’t appreciate quality work like they used to.
但是你,你注意到一些东西
But you, you notice things…
会因此有想法,对吧?
you give them some thought, right?
我想是的
I think so.
看到那把椅子了吗?
See that chair?
这把椅子是靠几个人 通力合作才做好的
Someone built that chair, and not just one person, several people helped.
要记住,是真正的人做的
Remember that. Real people.
你知道,当你走过一座桥
You know, when you go over a bridge…
想想看建造它花了什么代价
think about what it took to build that bridge.
好的
Okay.
你有想过那些为你做裤子的人吗?
You ever think about the people who made your pants?
– 没有 – 那就试着想想
– No. – Well, think about them.
凯尔是个不错的人
Now, Kyle, he’s okay for a pud…
但是我确定他从未 去想过那些东西
but I’m sure he never gives things any thought.
不是因为他不关心
Not because he doesn’t care.
他只是没有那种想象力
He just doesn’t have the imagination.
– 你不想那样,对吧? – 是的
– You don’t want to be like that, right? – No way.
嘿,爸爸
Hey, Dad…
下次艾伦可以来吗?
can Allen come over next time?
艾伦是谁?
Who’s Allen?
你朋友家的那个男孩
The boy at your friend’s house.
什么朋友家?
What friend’s house?
– 昨天 – 你是说沃恩?
– Yesterday. – You mean Vaughn?
他不是我的朋友 我几乎不了解他
He’s not my friend. I barely know him.
我只是听说他也许知道 谁偷了我的工具
I just heard he might know who stole my tools.
– 我还以为他是你酒馆里的朋友 – 你说什么?
I thought he was one of your friends at the tavern.
What are you talking about?
当我进入”信♥号♥♥”酒馆
When I was going inside to The Signal…
他正出来
he was coming out.
你确定是同一个人?
Are you sure it was the same guy?
是的,艾伦当时就在车里
Yeah. Allen was in the truck.
你为什么之前不告诉这些?
Why didn’t you tell me this?
我以为你看见他了
I thought you saw him.
他从未去过那里
He never goes there.
然后他把疯德雷克撇给我们
And then he pawns crazy Drake off on us?
真是个聪明人
– Whip-smart, my ass. – You think he stole your tools?
你觉得是他偷了你的工具?
拿好你的外套
Get your coat.
你♥爸♥爸在哪?
Where’s your dad?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!