两星期后我就养不起家了
golf and in two weeks I can’t support my family.
情况会变好的
Things are going to be great again.
我不知道
I don’t know.
我们能撑过去的
We can come through this.
不会变好了 明白吗
Things aren’t going to be great,again. Okay.
我在努力找工作 每天都在找
I’m trying to get a job. I’ve been out there every day …
三个月来一直都在找
for three months trying to get a job.
一份都邀请都没收到
I haven’t had one offer.
我找了我们认识的每个人
I’ve been to everybody we know…
也找了很多不认识的
and a lot of people I don’t.
我乞求 他妈的乞求他们
And, I have begged. I’ve fucking begged…
给点信息 什么都行
for a lead … anything.
外面有无数新毕业的工商管理硕士
There’s thousands of new MBAs out there.
没房♥贷 没孩子 每周工作九十小时
No mortgage, no kids, and work 90 hour workweeks, …
但他们都没找到
but they get nothing.
你想要诚实吗 麦琪
You want to be honest, Maggie?
我是三十七岁的无业废物
I am a 37 year old unemployed loser …
连家都养不起
who can’t support his family.
你能找到工作的
You are going to find a job…
为欣赏你的人工作
working for people who know how lucky they are to have you.
事情什么时候变这么糟了
When did it all go to shit?
还没完全变糟
It hasn’t all turned to shit …
你还有德鲁·卡森 你父母和我
You have Drew and Carson your parents and me.
你还有我
You have me.
我们还差七十五个名额
We’re still have at least 75 short.
黛博拉·海斯怎样
What about Deborah Hayes,
海事销♥售♥的高级主管会计
senior director of accounting, maritime sales.
黛博拉·海斯跟了公♥司♥十年
Deborah Hayes has 10 years with the company
有突出的价值
and outstanding evaluations.
她还有个成功的律师丈夫
She also has a husband with a successful law practice …
还有两个盼着妈咪回来的孩子
and two kids who would be delighted to have mommy at home.
她都六十了 我不信她孩子还住家里
She’s 60 years, I doubt her kids are still living at home …
更不可能叫她妈咪
much less, calling her Mommy.
菲尔·伍德沃德又回到这名单上了
Phil Woodward’s back on this list.
-他符合标准 -我没和你说话 混♥蛋♥
– He fits the criteria. – I wasn’t talking to you, Dick.
他薪水太高 而且刚搞黄五百万的交易
He’s grossly overpaid and just blew a $5 million deal.
妈的闭嘴
Shut the fuck up!
这仍只是初稿 吉恩
This list is still preliminary, Gene.
我看到名单上都是超五十岁的
I’m looking and all I see are people who are over 50 …
留的年轻职员比例太大
with enough young ones
我们可能会面临诉讼
unable to protect us from litigation.
我确信这些名单
I’m cinfident that all these dismissals
会禁得起法律的审核
will stand up to outside legal scrutiny.
那符合道德审核吗
What about ethical scrutiny?
我们没违法 吉恩
We’re not breaking any laws, Gene.
我以为我们一直
I guess we always assumed we
在用更高层次的标准
were trying for a higher standard than that, …
保罗
Paul.
沃克先生
Mr. Walker.
我是特洛伊·赛尔
Troy Thayer.
请坐
Have a seat.
-感谢您会见我 -没事
– Thanks for seeing me. – Sure.
-GTX的牺牲品 -对
– A GTX casualty. – Yeah.
-你还好吧 -很好 谢谢
– How are you holding up? – Good, thanks.
丹·玛斯给了你很高的评价
Dan Maas gave you a great recommendation.
工商管理硕士 上过州立大学
MBA. You went to school at state college.
本科在那里
Undergrad, Yes.
我妻子曾在宾夕法尼亚大学就读
My wife went to Penn.
-真的吗 -很好
– Really? – Loved it.
年薪九万外加提成和奖金如何
Are you willing work for 90 a year, plus commission and bonus?
可以
Aah…Yeah.
好的一面是我们成长很快
The good news is that we’re growing fast …
这儿有很大上升空间
and there’s plenty of headroom around here.
我不能保证什么
I can’t promise you anything
但根据丹的推荐和你的简历
but with Dan’s recommendation and your resume,
你应该就是最适合这职位的了
you seem like the right fit for the job.
谢谢
Thanks.
谁赢了
Who’s winning?
谁知道呢
Who knows?
-面试怎样 -很好
– How did it go? – Okay.
很好
Good.
你站我的位吧
You are gonna take my place.
三十二号♥
32! Hut!
鲍比·沃克找特洛伊·赛尔 好的
Bob Walker calling for Troy Thayer, please. No problem.
鲍比·沃克找特洛伊·赛尔
Bob Walker calling for Troy Thayer?
没事
Um … that’s okay.
我就为个职位的事找他
I’m actually just calling in regards to a position.
当然
Uh, sure,
东北片区销♥售♥经理
Northeast Divisional Sales Manager.
已经有了
It has.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
-这是什么 -我最后的薪水
– What’s that? – My last pay check.
还要谈很久 我们都被翻译弄晕了
It’s a long way to go and it all gets lost in translation.
这家伙叽里呱啦没完没了
This guy keeps babbling on and on and on.
鲁宾先生说那个宴会提供九肉汤
Mr. Lubin says you were at a banquet with 9 meat soup…
是的
Yeah.
我都不知中国有九肉汤
I didn’t know they had 9 meats in China.
我也不知 你能数出来吗
I didn’t either. Could you name them?
牛肉 猪肉 鸡肉 鱼翅
Well, beef, pork, chicken, sharkfin …
-吉恩 -菲尔 喝杯酒
– Gene – Hey, Phil …
-吉恩 -放松点 菲尔
– Gene. – Relax Phil,
喝杯酒 老兄 这是派对
grab a drink, man, it’s a party.
萨莉·威科克斯刚炒了我
Sally Wilcox … just fired me.
找萨莉·威科克斯
Find Sally Wilcox.
叫她马上给我过来
Tell her to get her ass up here, right now.
她已经在您办公室了
She’s already in your office.
你解雇了菲尔·伍德沃德
You fired Phil Woodward.
-聘他回来 -吉恩 拜托
– Hire him back! – Gene, please.
妈的 萨莉 我们谈好了的
Goddamn it, Sally, we talked about this …
吉恩
Gene …
你也被解雇了吗
You too?
这帮混♥蛋♥
Aaw, fuck ’em.
他们认为这招够狠
They think this is tough.
我们曾一起在格洛斯特船厂里工作
We worked together at Glouster.
还记得吗 吉恩
Remember, Gene?
一周六十小时
Spot-welding inside
在三十六英寸的螺旋桨轴里焊接
a 36-inch propeller shaft 60 hours a week.
吉恩吗
Gene?
吉恩
Gene.
鲍比 鲍比
Bobby. Bobby.
你们肯定猜不到谁在乔安娜的办公室里
You’d never guess who’s Joanna’s office.
吉恩·麦克拉里的马屁精
Gene McClary’s favorite ass kisser,
菲尔·伍德沃德
Phil Woodward.
你的简历让人印象深刻 菲尔
Your resume is impressive, Phil.
谢谢
Thank you.
从工厂工人写起
Started on the factory floor.
没多少人写那段了
Not many people can clain that anymore.
你要把那些陈旧往事去掉
You should get rid of all the ancient stuff,
所有90年以前的履历
anything pre 90s.
只列出你在GTX的
Instead of listing the number of years
各个职位的任职年限即可
you held each position at GTX
写出你的职位和职责
indicate your title and responsibilities.
还有这点 你写了参军的经历
And here, you noted your military service
但别写越南
don’t say Vietnam…
战斗步兵勋章足够给人留下深刻印象了
Combat Infantryman’s badge is impressive enough.
你抽烟吗 菲尔
Do you smoke, Phil?
偶尔
Occasionally.
戒掉 雇主不想因雇员的健康问题
Quit. Employers don’t want employee health problems,
让他们的健康保险费暴增 菲尔
ratcheting up their health insurance premiums, Phil.
你也许要考虑染下发
You may want to think about dying your hair,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!