谢谢各位
Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.
毋庸置疑 如果没有吉恩·麦克拉里
Undoubtedly without a doubt, you don’t build a …
的支持和领导
company like GTX without the
就不会成就今日的GTX
support and leadership of a man like Gene McClary.
行政办公室
Executive office.
你好 我是鲍比·沃克 来自GTX
Hi, Bobby Walker, GTX.
去会议室
Down the hall.
这身西装不错
Nice suit.
-谢谢 -职业定向讲座吗
– Thanks. – Orientation?
-对 -那边
– Yeah – That way.
-谢谢 -跟我一起喊”老虎”
– Thanks. – Do “the tige” for me.
-什么 -去会议室
– What? – Down the hall.
谢谢
Thanks.
首先 让我来告诉你们我们是什么
First, let me tell you what we are not.
我们不是职介机构
We’re not an employment agency.
我们是要帮助你们自助
We’re here to help you help yourself.
现在 你们要把所有朋友
Now, you all need to put together
把全部朋友绘出一张关系网
a networking list of all your friends …
包括供货商 竞争对手
That’s suppliers, competitors, …
开会时坐在你旁边的人
people you sat next to at a convention …
邻居 牙医 所有人
neighbors, dentists, anybody, and everybody.
你需要一份新的简历
You need a new resume.
你要发出几百份 所以简历要做得很好
You’re going to sending out hundreds, so make it good.
被拒
Endings.
我们不习惯它们 恐惧紧张和失落
We’re not used to them. Fear. Anxiety. Loss.
你们谁有过这种感觉
How many of you are feeling these things?
被拒之后恐惧而后改变 最终
Endings. Fear. Change. And finally …
成功
Success.
好了 所有人站起来
Okay, everybody up.
干坐着郁闷没有用 起来 起来
No use sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves. Up. Up.
这叫做”老虎”
This is called “The Tiger”,
我们需要充满能量的时候就这么做
we do it when we need to get our energy up…
我会赢
I … will … win.
为什么呢 我来告诉你们
Why? I will show you why…
因为我有信心 勇气和激♥情♥
because I have faith, courage, enthusiasm.
这次大家一起来
Everybody, this time.
-不用了 -我会赢
– No thanks. – I will win.
为什么 因为我有信心 勇气和激♥情♥
Why? Because I have faith, courage, enthusiasm.
很好 我会赢
Good. I will win.
鲍比·沃克回过电♥话♥吗
Did Bobby Walker call back?
-有 昨晚 -他有留言吗
– Yeah, last night. – Did he leave a message?
都是脏话我复述不出来
Not one I can repeat.
问问他今天能不能来吃午饭
See if he can come by for lunch today.
股价又涨了六块 不错
Stock’s up six. Not bad.
我的养老金都买♥♥了GTX
My 401k is all GTX.
要是再这么下去 我大概得八十岁才能退休
If this continues, I may get to retire before I’m 80.
随着船务和铁路产品部门的合并
With Ship Systems and rail Products merging,
我们要重新划分销♥售♥区域
we are reassigning sales regions.
皇家加勒比 世界第二大邮轮公♥司♥
皇家加勒比那边怎么样
How are we doing with Royal Caribbean?
他们十分担心
They’re nervous.
不想看到我们频繁上彭博社的新闻
Don’t like seeing us on Bloomberg every fifteen minutes.
彭博资讯公♥司♥ 目前全球最大的财经资讯公♥司♥
让他们平静下来 我们需要那艘船
Well,calm them down. We need that boat.
人手只有原来的一半
How are we suppose to cover
我们怎么照顾得过来原先那么多客户
the same number of accounts with half the staff?
我一个月里有一半时间都在出差
I’m already gone two weeks out of four?
我怎么跟我的孩子们交代
What am I supposed to tell my kids?
就告诉他们说你很幸运 还没被解雇
Tell them you’re lucky you still have a job.
关于不活跃客户
Inactive accounts.
我想知道我们怎样挽回那些生意
I want to know what we’re going to do to get the business back.
逐个跟踪
Client by client.
这儿有人
It’s taken.
好吧
Okay.
-来这儿吧 -谢谢
– Come in here. – Thanks.
感激不尽
Appreciate it.
-搞帮派 -你是敌人
– Friendly bunch. – You are the enemy.
他们踩需要踏着别人的尸体
Another warm body they got to claw their way over …
才能回到原来的食槽
to get back to the corporate feeding trough.
你怎么没感到威胁
Yet, you’re not threatened.
我特立独行
I’m a very secure individual.
再说 你看着也不像工程师
Besides, you do not look like an engineer.
-工商管理硕士吗 -对
– MBA? – Yeah.
你在导弹系统上
You know you’re on a guided missle system
但系统确出现了问题
but the system we can base has a flaw.
你的前任老板出手大方
Your previous employer has spared no expense.
传真机 复印机 咖啡应有尽有
Fax machine, xerox, coffee.
职业定向讲座如何
How was orientation?
感觉就像被人洗♥脑♥一样
I felt like someone was going to
在脑中嗡嗡作响
shave my head and make me beat a drum.
怎样才能进那些办公室
What do you got to do to get yourself in one of those offices?
他们的公♥司♥需要为他们付额外的钱
The companies have to pay extra for one of those.
那些人以前多是执行副总以上
Exec VPs and above, mostly.
伊斯门柯达前财务总监在第一个拐角处
Corner one has an Eastman Kodak CFO in it.
他们给你多久的补偿
How long they give you?
三个月 全额工资
Three months, full salary,
四个月岗外安置服务 你呢
four months out placement. How about you?
两样都是九个月
Nine months of both.
我来这里也九个月了
What I’ve been here for.
我用不了几天就能找到
It won’t take me more than a few days.
没别的意思
No offense.
没关系
None taken.
抱歉 我迟到了
Sorry I’m late.
-还撑得住吗 -还好
– How are you holding up? – Good.
麦琪还好吗
Maggie all right?
她很好 我们都很好
Yeah, she’s great, we’re fine.
螺丝钻 鸡尾酒的一种
一杯螺丝钻加冰
A Gimlet on the rocks.
这不是我的提议 鲍比
It wasn’t my call, Bobby.
塞林格承受着巨大的提升股价的压力
Salinger is under a lot of pressure to boost the stock price …
以免有人恶意收♥购♥后分♥裂♥公♥司♥
before somebody buys in and makes them break up the company.
比起缩减公♥司♥规模
We’ll lose a lot more jobs
被兼并将会导致更多人失业
in a merger than we have in this downsizing.
你是想唤起
Are you trying to appealing to
我为公♥司♥牺牲小我的意识吗
my sense of the greater corporate good?
我一直在拜访老朋友
I’ve been calling in some markers.
洛克希德公♥司♥的汤姆·博登
Tom Borden over at Lockheed…
雷神公♥司♥的帕特·莱希
Pat Leahy at Raytheon.
他们你大多都认识的
You’ll recognize most of them.
好了 我们点东西吃吧
Come on, let’s get something to eat.
我没胃口
I lost my my appetite.
鲍比 拿走这份名单
Take the list, Bobby.
别费事重新分派我的客户了
Don’t bother reassigning my accounts.
当我从竞争对手那里得到工作
I’m going to steal them back from you
我会把客户都偷过去
when I get a job with the competition.
-怎么样了 -很好
– How did it go? – Great.
-是吗 -对
– Yeah? – Good
我和吉恩一起吃午饭了 他给了我一些名单
I lunched with Gene. He gave me some names.
他人还挺好
That’s big of him.
-他没必要这样做 -是
– I mean, he didn’t have to do anything. You know – Yeah.
这都是什么
So, what is all this?
漂浮式按揭贷款 利率先低后高
下月房♥贷的利息要涨了
Uh, our mortgage is resetting next month.
加上要付清的牙齿矫正师的
With that and paying off the orthodontist,
还有去年夏天迪斯尼之旅的钱
and last summer’s Disneyworld trip …
我们剩下的连买♥♥坐垫都不够了
we don’t have much of a cushion left.
刚好我们也不需要坐垫
We don’t need a cushion.
车贷 卡债 体育赛事门票
Car payments, credit cards, sports tickets…
我说过了 今年我跟达瑞尔拼票
I told you, I’m splitting the tickets with Darrel this year.
好吧 仅是外出吃饭
Okay, well, just eating out and
和该死的干洗费每月就六百块
doing the damn dry cleaning is costing us $600 a month.
-我曾想再去工作 -不用
– I was thinking maybe I could go back to work. – Uh,uh.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!