Can’t pay us.
他可以用奖金付我们
He can pay us out of the bonus.
他得用奖金来保本
He needs the bonus to break even.
他得接下这工作
He had to take this job
好让我们冬天有活儿干
to keep us working through the winter.
能让麦琪送萨莉回去吗
Could Maggie give Sally a ride home?
我们迷失在文海中之前
We used to make something here back
曾在这里造船
before we got lost on the paperwork.
曾经这儿有护航舰
At one time we had a frigate right here.
那边是架导弹巡洋舰
Back there … A guided missle cruiser.
菲尔最开始做船体装配
Phil started out here in hull assembly.
他那时是个瘦骨如柴的小混♥蛋♥
He was a skinny little bastard,
天不怕地不怕
fearless.
他可以在吊椅上倒挂一整天
He’d hang upside down all day long in a boson’s chair,
那椅子离地面七十英尺高
70 feet off the shop floor well in the inside seat.
天哪
I mean Jesus.
两千人一班 每天三班倒
2,000 men a shift, 3 shifts a day
六千人在那个车间里挣干净钱
6,000 men earned an honest wage in that room.
养孩子 买♥♥♥房♥♥子
Fed their kids, bought homes,
挣够了钱送孩子上大学
made enough to send their kids to college,
买♥♥二手车
buy a second car.
他们铸造看得见的东西
Building something they could see,
不是资产负债表上的数字
not just figures on a balance sheet,
而是看得见摸得着闻得到的船
but a ship you could see, smell and touch.
这些人看得到自己的价值
These men were worth and knew who they were.
有一天你赚了五十块
One day you’re making $50
然后是五千 五百万 越赚越多
the next 5,000 then one day, 5 million
开始了疯狂的计划 疯狂地冒险
Start with a crazy plan. Take insane risks,
从养家糊口都困难
barely make enough money to feed your family,
没想过自己会成功
not a chance in hell you’re going to succeed …
到突然间 你拥有了一切
and then all of a sudden you
你变得害怕失去这一切
have all these things you’re terrified of losing
股票期权 公务机
stock options, corporate jet,
巴哈马的度假别♥墅♥
vacation homes in the Bahamas.
其实 我喜欢五百块一顿的午餐
You know? The truth is … I like $500 lunches and
和五千块一晚的套间
$5,000 hotel suites.
而现在我花了三十年为
And now everything I spent
自己和他人打造的一切就这样
30 years trying to build for myself and everybody else … is
没了
gone.
抱歉 麦琪
I’m sorry, Maggie.
为什么
For what?
为所有的事
For everything.
我让你失望了
For letting you down.
你没让我失望
You didn’t let me down.
我有
Yeah… I did.
你从来没落到这步田地
You were never here before.
而你现在落到了
And now you are.
排风机好像堵了 我去看看
I think the dryer vent is clogged. I might go take a look.
-鲍比 -怎么了
– Hey, Bobby. – Yeah.
先不着急去
It can wait.
吉姆 你好
Hello, Jim!
吉恩 你最近怎么样
Gene, how you been?
不好 最近被我最好的朋友解雇了
Not good, I was recently fired by my best friend.
我在葬礼上想起你了
Missed you at the funeral.
我为菲尔的事感到难过
I was sorry to hear about Phil.
劳伦还好吗
How is Lauren holding on?
我们一起创造了这里 吉姆
We built something here, Jim … together.
一起创造这里的不只你和我
Together, it wasn’t just you, and just me.
是我们所有人
It was all of us.
他们每周都领薪水
They got a paycheck every each week.
生病了有医保 受伤了有工伤保险
medical, if they got sick, disability if they got hurt.
我们在做生意 不是搞慈善
And, hell it’s a business, not a charity.
去年你挣了两千二百万
You took home $22 million last year
而这些人却失去了住房♥
and these people have lost their homes,
婚姻和孩子们的尊重
their marriages, respect of their children.
只有随着市场而变化 我们才能生存
We did what the market required of us to survive.
董事会昨晚接受了行业联盟的出价
The board accepted Allied’s bid last night.
三百九十亿 每股九十七
39 Billion, 97 a share.
-我很遗憾 -不用
– I’m Sorry. – Don’t be.
-我的股票值六亿 -恭喜
– My shares are worth 600 million. – Congratulations.
你的值多少 吉恩
What are yours worth, Gene?
我得去工作了
I have to get to work.
把球给我
Give me the ball.
把球给我
Give me the ball.
守好你的位置 你现在有麻烦了
Keep your position you’re in trouble now, kid …
不 不
Oh! No!
干得不错 很好
Well… there you go… that’s a good job…
再来几下
A little more action …
-鲍比 -什么事
– Bobby. – Yeah.
吉恩·麦克拉里打电♥话♥来了 工作的事
Gene McClary’s on the phone, something about a job.
你俩好好干 我马上就回来
You two, I’ll be right back.
你还在等什么呢
What are you waiting for?
你现在周日也工作了吗
You work on Sundays, now?
迪尔德丽说你每周周末会来这儿
Deirdre told me you’re down here every weekend.
这活儿亏本了吧 杰克
Losing money in this job, Jack?
有点
A bit.
是因为我吗
Is it me?
不可能总是只赚不赔
Sometimes I’m up, sometimes I’m down,
任何结果都有可能性
it all comes out in the end.
我以前的老板给我打了电♥话♥
I got a call from a guy today who I used to work for.
-他给了我份工作 -是吗 报酬不错吧
– He offered me a job. – Yeah, decent pay.
-八 -八万吗
– 80. – Thousand?
是我过去工资的一半
It’s half what I used to make.
这世界真♥他♥妈♥不公平
World’s a fucked up place.
其实 我在考虑留在你身边 杰克
Actually, I was thinking about staying on with you, Jack.
我以前的工作让我每天都害怕
My old job, I was scared all the time.
季度成本报表 青年才俊辈出
Quarterly costs reports. Young guys coming up.
失去客户
Losing an account.
谁的业绩要超过我了
Who’s getting ahead of me.
-我能说句实话吗 鲍比 -好
– Can I be honest with you, Bobby? – Yeah.
你应该接受这份工作
You should take the job,
你干木工太笨了
you’re a shitty carpenter.
他们能把这些东西做得轻点吗
Could they make these things any lighter.
我今天给不了你工资
I can’t pay you for today.
我们赶紧开始干活吧
Guess we better get started, then. Huh.
我会赢
I will win.
为什么
Why?
因为我有信心 勇气和激♥情♥
Because I have faith, courage… enthusiasm.
我会赢
I … Will … Win!
为什么
Why?
因为我有信心 勇气和激♥情♥
Because I have faith, courage … enthusiasm.
我会赢
I..Will..Win.
为什么
Why?
因为我有信心 勇气和激♥情♥
Because I have faith, courage … enthusiasm.
-能买♥♥个转笔刀吗 -当然
– Can we get a pencil sharpener. – Sure.
有摇杆的那种
The kind with a crank.
老式的那种 我喜欢它们
The old fashioned kind, I love those.
-麦克拉里海运股份公♥司♥ -什么
– McClary Maritime Associates. – What?
我们现在还没有合伙人
Well, we don’t have any associates yet,
但是 这名字听起来不错
but what the hell, it sound goods.
这台打印机太老了
The printer is from the dark ages,
我明天路过史泰博的时候买♥♥台新的
I’ll stop by Staples tomorrow and get a new one.
美国办公用品零售连锁店

Ok.
-办公室不错 -不是很贵
– Nice office. – It’s not much.
如果第一年能回本我就高兴了
If I make the overhead the first year, I’ll be happy.
我那天遇到本·威尔逊了
I ran into Ben Wilson the other day.
他说你在四处寻找投资人
He said you were going out for possible investors.
是的 我准备竞拍格洛斯特
Yeah, I’m going to make a bid for Glouster.
-造船厂吗 -是
– The shipyard? – Yeah.
行业联盟不想要它
Allied didn’t want it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!