我不会再说话了
I won’t speak again.
救命
Help!
哈罗
Hello!
有人在吗
Anybody there?
有事吗
What do you want?
-富兰克林 -是的
-Are you Franklin? -Yes.
我需要跟你谈一谈
I want to see you for a moment.
你把那个地窖当做什么来使用
What have you been doing with those cellars?
-什么 -你放了灯在下面 不是吗
-What? -You put a light in there, didn’t you?
-是的 -所以
-Yes. -What else?
只是些工具和其他东西
Just some tools and things.
想甩掉他们会很难
They’ll be on your neck for that.
那些古老历史遗迹里的人物
The Ancient Monuments people.
真该死 我还没好好介绍一下自己
Oh, damn it. I haven’t even introduced myself.
我是惠特科姆上校 你的邻居
I’m Colonel Whitcomb, your neighbor.
我看到你家的灯亮着 就想过来跟你认识一下
I saw your lights on and thought it was about time that we got acquainted.
这个地窖相当有名你知道吗
Those cellars are quite famous, you know.
在宗教迫♥害♥时期
The inner one was used as a secret
地窖的内室是古罗马天主教的秘密教堂
Roman Catholic chapel during the persecution.
-你知道吗 -不知道
-Didn’t you know that? -No.
嗯 一位年轻的男性独居在这里一定感觉有些孤单
Well, must be very lonely for a young man here.
至少我还有我的马匹和狗
At least I have my horses and my dogs.
欧 当然还有我的老婆
Oh, and, of course, my wife.
我不介意一个人独居
I don’t mind being alone.
任何时候你需要有个人作陪
Anytime you feel the need of a spot of company,
请尽管别客气来找我
don’t be afraid to come over.
你知道我住哪 这条路过去只有半英里路程
You know where we are… just half a mile down the road.
你不可能会走过头 整条路上只有我这一户
You can’t miss it. It’s the only other house on the lane.
顺便说一声 我和朋友们明晚有个小聚会
By the way, we’re having some friends over for drinks tomorrow night.
你为何不过来加入我们
Why don’t you join us?
嗯 我不知道自己是否能抽的出时间
Well, I don’t know if I can make it.
你的确说你是独居吧
You did say you lived alone?
我有问客人 我的表哥
I have a guest. My cousin.
顺便带他一起来
Bring him along.
事实上 我已经打算开车带他去伦敦
Actually, I was planning to drive him to London.
我会整个晚上都不在家 不过如果我能早点回来
I’ll be gone all day, but if I get back in time…
我可能会过去一趟
I’ll perhaps come over.
很好
Well, fine.
顺便再说一声 有人告诉过你
By the way, did they ever tell you about this thing?
这是个神父的洞穴吗
It’s a priest hole.
神父们在逃难时 可以躲进这里
A priest could hide in here when he was on the run.
听说一些克伦威尔人被困在这里
There’s a story that some of Cromwell’s men
就像一条可怜虫
trapped a poor devil in here…
射击穿透这堵塞墙 杀了他
and fired right through the wall, killed him.
我妻子对这间房♥子的历史比我还了解
My wife knows more about this place than I do.
她对当地一些传说都很清楚
She’s well up on all the local legends.
你让她过来把事情的经过说清楚
You must get her to come over one day and tell you all about them.
好的 我会
Yes, I will.
很高兴认识你 富兰克林
Nice to have met you, Franklin.
老天 看这水
Good Lord! Look at the water!
其实 是我女朋友在楼上
It’s really my girlfriend.
你没事吧
Are you all right?
我来了
I’m coming in.
你应该呼喊我的
You should have called me.
没事的
It’s all right.
我马上处理
I fixed it now.
别生气嘛
Don’t be upset.
我应该早点告诉你这些卫浴不牢靠
I should have told you about these old baths.
当然 它们没有坏掉
Of course there’s no damage.
不要紧的
It doesn’t matter.
水龙头掉了
The handle came off the tap.
我把它锁回去
I got it back on, though.
为什么她不求救
Why didn’t she call out?
她不好意思
She was embarrassed.
你知道那是什么样子
You know how it is.
噢 我还记得那是什么样子
Well, I remember how it was.
如果你明晚上没办法来
If you can’t make it tomorrow evening…
我可以理解
I’ll understand.
请你绑前面一点 不然很痛
Please tie them in front this time. They hurt the other way.
我有东西想让你瞧瞧
There’s something I want to show you.
在那边
In there.
如果不试着逃脱 那我也不算一个好的囚犯
I wouldn’t be a good prisoner if I didn’t try to escape.
这些是我的嗜好
It’s my hobby.
这些东西我一生都在搜集
I’ve been collecting all my life.
我算是一位昆虫学家
I’m an entomologist.
这个作品让我得了一个奖
I won a hobby prize for this setting.
而这些大多是从美国中心来的
And most of these come from Central America.
我和一位修道士通信 所以他寄了蝴蝶的幼虫给我
I correspond with a monk who sends me larvae, and…
然后我想办法孵化它们
and then I incubate them myself.
看到吗 这是枯叶蝶
You see that? This is a leaf butterfly.
它翅膀看起来就像两片叶子
Looks just like two leaves.
这些是我的白垩季
These are my chalk hills.
而这些 是我的阿多尼斯[希腊神话]蓝
And… these are my Adonis blues.
是我自行培育改良的品种
I bred that aberration myself.
它们看起来比任何自然博物馆里搜藏的作品还更棒
And it’s better than any they’ve got in the Natural History Museum.
这些是我的豹纹蝴蝶
These are my fritillaries.
那些是银洗蝶 那些是中褐蝶
That’s the silver-washed and that’s the medium brown…
贝克尔木蝶 红海军蝶 凤蝶 孔雀蝶
beckerwood, red admiral, swallowtail, peacock.
它们好美
They’re beautiful…
但都死亡了
but sad.
多少蝴蝶遭你毒手
How many butterflies have you killed?
就这些
You can see.
想看看你完结了多少美丽的生命
Think of all the living beauty you’ve ended.
这样想很傻
That’s silly.
制♥作♥这些标本对整个蝴蝶生物群不会有影响
What difference does a few specimens make to a whole species?
-小心点 那只很罕见 -让它走
-Be careful. It’s very rare. -Let it go.
开玩笑
You’re joking.
不可以
Don’t do that!
我或许没办法再抓到和这只一样的了
I may never get another one.
你囚禁我 就好像搜集这些蝴蝶一样的嗜好 是吗
And now you’ve collected me, haven’t you?
你难道看不出
Don’t you see what’s happened?
你是在 囚禁我来完成这样收藏的美梦
You’ve had this… this dream with me in the center of it.
这样不叫爱 这是一个小男孩的梦想
It’s not love. It’s the sort of dream young boys have…
男孩们会长大 而只有你将这样的梦实现
when they reach puberty, only you’ve made it come true.
让我来告诉你
I’ll tell you something.
如果有钱有闲 每个人都会有这样的收藏
There’d be a lot more of this if more people had the time and the money.
人都会有想要而得不到的东西
We all want things we can’t have.
人都会去争取可以得到的
We all take what we can get.
可我并没有像你那样的优势
I never had your advantages.
我没有混的很有名堂的教授父亲
My father wasn’t a la-di-da doctor.
我从没念过名校 只是一个银行业务员
I never went to a posh school. I was just a clerk in a bank.
报纸
Reading.
对了
Of course!
你赢了一大笔彩金 我在报纸上看过你的相片
You won a fortune on the pools. You had your picture in the paper.
我想起来了
I remember now!
那些财富可以让你做很多事情
You could do so much.
你可以旅行 学习 到处认识不同的人
You could travel, learn, meet people.
你可以拥有多美好的生活
You could have a wonderful life.
但 在你身边只有死寂 难道你看不出吗
But… this is death, don’t you see?
只有死寂
Nothing but death.
这些东西没有生命的 我也没有生命
These are dead. I’m dead.
全部都没有生命
Everything here is dead.
这是你想要的爱吗
Is that what you love?
死寂
Death?
画的真好
It’s very good.
这画你有考虑想卖♥♥吗
Would you consider selling it?
不会
I hadn’t.
不 我会
But I will.
卖♥♥200英镑
Two hundred pounds.
好的
All right.

1
2
3
4
5
6
前一篇文章慕尼黑
下一篇文章红河
帕布莉卡
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!