我现在把地上的这个东西拿起来
This is Bud trying to get down on the floor.
这是救生背心
This is the Mae west.
还记得我告诉你关于氧气的事吗
Remember I told you about the oxygen?
我指的是二氧化碳气瓶
I mean the co2 cylinder?
这就是了
This is it.
就是它
There it is, co2 cylinder.
这发明可是在腋下除臭剂和发胶之前出现
This was before underarm deodorant, hair spray.
我觉得这是喷雾瓶的前身
I think this was the birth of aerosol containers.
还有 如果有飞行员要跳机逃生
And if guys bailed out,
他们不想让救生背心在
they didn’t want it totally inflated
几百米的高空之上就膨胀起来
couple of hundred feet up because if they hit the water
因为他们要是掉到水里 背就会受伤
they could break their backs.
所以这并不容易 我从没这么做过
So it wasn’t that easy, I never did it.
这是喉部话筒
This is a throat mic.
我就这么跟艾瑞克说话的
This is how I talk to Erik.
把这个插上
And this plugged in.
给你看看我的头盔
And as I showed you on the helmet,
我通过这个听见别人说话
this is how I heard,
这就是我们的通讯系统了
so we had our communication system.
但是 巴德 这些不应该都在
But, bud, to be clear, this should’ve been returned
1945年就要归还给政♥府♥了吗
to the government in 1945.
让他们来我这儿拿呀
Come and get ’em, baby!
我们刚刚做的事
Well, this… What we just did with you
可能会成为我们影片的片段
might be the credit roll to our movie.
所以你有什么想对这部影片
So, you have any messages for people
的观众说的吗
that have just watched this movie?
我非常高兴 美国人♥民♥
Well, I’m just so glad that people in America
还有其他国家的人们能够了解到
or anywhere can get an idea
这群20左右的青年人都经历了什么
of what 19 and 20 and 21-year-old kids went through.
结束对谈后 我告诉孩子们
And as I tell kids when I get done with my talk,
我要请你们帮我个忙
“I’m going to ask you guys a favor now.”
他们会说”怎么了 巴德”
“What’s that, bud?”
当你今晚回家时
When you go home tonight,
请向上帝祈祷表示感谢
you say a prayer of thanks to god
感谢那二万八千位年轻人所作出的牺牲
for those 28,000 guys that gave their lives
是他们让你们能享受到今天的美好生活
so that you got the life you got today.
谢谢你的付出 巴德
Thank you for your service, bud.
不用谢 应该的
Not at all, not at all.
献给保罗和亚达斯