这多少让我们有点震惊
and that was kind of a shock.
看起来好像我一直都在执行飞行任务
Well, it seemed like I was flying all the time.
这里有40个轰炸小组
There were 40 bomb groups.
我们组里有很多人
Our bomb group had a lot of people.
我不了解后勤工作 比如燃料补给
I don’t know the logistics of keeping the fuel
副驾驶员
格伦·哈里森
出生于1920年3月11日
和弹♥药♥补给 就是晚上装弹
and the ammunition, loading the bombs at night,
为第二天提前做好准备
getting them ready for the next day.
我对这些一窍不通
I don’t know how they did it.
当你身处这样的处境时
When you’re in a fn 方正兰亭中黑_GBKposition like that,
就没有明天可言
there’s no tomorrow.
你会去做任何想做的事
You do everything that you want to do,
或者能做的事 当你打算去做时
that you can do, when you feel like doing it,
投弹手
莫顿·吉梅尔
出生于1923年5月11日
就会立刻行动
and do it then
因为你可能没有再来一次的机会
because you may not get the chance to do it again.
致命任务
二战期间h13万5千人在第八空军服役并于欧洲上空执行了近三百万个飞行任务
而在德国上空的任务被认为是最危险的
英军在晚上执行最危险的任务h而美军却得在光天化日之下飞过这些庞大的防卫武器
被叫醒是常有的事
Wouldn’t be unusual, they’d wake you up.
起床第一件事
The first thing you’d do would be go to the, uh,
就是去食堂吃饭
the mess hall to eat.
食堂灯火通明 大家有说有笑
The mess hall was all lit up and everybody was laughing
这时通常有一个叫
and talking, and usually they had
柏林·莉恩亦或是其他名字的一个人
Berlin Lynn or whatever her name was
通过收音机进行广播
on the radio broadcasting.
我们都还没被告知
We hadn’t been briefed yet.
我们都不知道自己要去哪儿
We didn’t know where we was gonna go,
但这位在柏林的女士却知道
but this lady in Berlin knew where we were gonna go,
而且还会说”伙计们
and she says, “boys,
你们今天有个艰巨的任务
you’ve got a tough one today.
你们会去哪里哪里之类的
You’re going to so-and-so and so-and-so
而我们等待着你们的凯♥旋♥”
and we’ll be waiting on ya,”
所以她知道的其实比我们知道的还多
and so they knew more than we did.
当空军时 我们去炊事房♥
Now, in the air force, when we went to the kitchen
领我们的早餐 比方说领鸡蛋
for breakfast and we were getting, say, eggs,
我们领到的往往是蛋白粉
we’d get powdered eggs.
因为只有这个了
That’s what they had.
偶尔我们能吃到新鲜的鸡蛋
Once in a while we would get fresh eggs.
如果能吃到两个以上 那就很奢侈了
You could get two over easy and this was a treat.
但我们知道每当吃到新鲜鸡蛋的时候
But we knew after a while that when you got fresh eggs,
就意味着你将会有个十分艰巨的任务
it meant you were gonna have a real tough mission.
正是因此你才会吃到新鲜鸡蛋
So they gave you fresh eggs.
就是这样了
That’s the story.
我们情愿不吃这个鲜鸡蛋
We don’t want fresh eggs,
即使我们真的很想吃
but we want fresh eggs.
当你准备出勤飞行时
When you’re going to get ready for a flight,
你便要去更衣室
you go into the locker room.
戴上飞行帽
And you wore long Johns.
然后穿上防爆套服
And then you’d wear the eod suit, put that on.
我们还有与之配套的手套
And we had gloves that were attached to those.
你得把它们戴上
You had to get your gloves into those,
让它们保护好你的踝关节
they came clear around your ankles too.
之后再穿上飞行服
And then you had your flight suits.
这些才只是你穿在身上的
Those were the things that you just wore.
你会穿着这些登上载重卡车
And you’d load back on a truck
他们会把你送到
and they’d take you to the area
训令室所在的地方
where the debriefing rooms were.
所有人和物资都在那儿
So all the crews and everything would be sitting there,
静静等着 那里墙上挂着一张白布
waiting, and they had a sheet over the wall.
他们会把它拉上去
They’d pull the sheet back
然后说道”今天我们的目标是德国
and say, “our target today is Germany.
就我们所知 天气看起来还不错”
The weather looks pretty good, as near as we can tell.”
不列颠群岛
欧洲大♥陆♥
目标
在传令会中总会有一个人吸引我的注意
One thing always got me about these briefings.
他就是天主教的神父
The catholic chaplain,
他站在角落里倾听着告解
he was back in the corner hearing confessions.
分发圣餐
And giving out communions.
其实他知道他要去的地方
So he… he knew that he was going someplace
也知道他很可能没法再回来
he might not come back from.
空中危机
直到战争结束前h涉及超过一千架飞机的任务依然常见
这些飞机会从各地的英国空军基地起飞并汇集成一个大型编队
而这耗费时间的过程也是每个任务中最危险的环节之一
战争中最特别的一点就是
That was one of the most amazing things in a war,
将1100架飞机编制在一起
the choreographing of putting 1,100 airplanes together
编队飞行
in formation to go over.
我们会在跑道尽头的外♥围♥
We’d all line up on the perimeter strip
排好队
that comes around to the end of the runway.
领航机开始列队滑行
And the lead ship would taxi around and line up.
当发出准备起飞的信♥号♥♥时
And when he fired a flare to take off,
领航机就会进入跑道
that lead ship went down the runway.
下一架是停在他后面的飞机
Next man pulled right up behind him.
30秒后 会开始助跑
Thirty seconds, he moved.
再过30秒 第三架也开始助跑
Thirty seconds, the third man moved.
每30秒便有一架飞机开上跑道
Every 30 seconds a plane was going down that runway.
在第二架飞机已经开始助跑后
That lead plane never got off the ground
第一架飞机才会起飞
before that second plane was already running.
我们只不过是在跑道的尽头全力旋转
Well, we just spin out there on the end of the runway
然后给足油门
and give it a full throttle,
而且你得有足够的速度
and you had to have enough speed for it
能带着所有的负重起飞
to lift all that load up.
你的油箱要加满
You had a full gas load,
装备好所有的枪♥械♥弹♥药♥
you had all your ammunition for the guns,
填装好所有的炸♥弹♥
and you had the bomb load.
毫无疑问 上升到高空的时候
Of course, while you’re up there,
我能看到太阳从陆地升起
I could see the sun coming up around earth.
我认为那是最奇怪的事
And I thought that was the most weird thing,
看到太阳升起 而大地还笼罩在黑暗中
to see the sun coming up, and it’s dark on earth, you know.
但你意识到那是正在发生的事
But you realized what was happening to you.
然后 没多久你发现
And, then, next thing you know,
太阳升起来了 所有飞机都在盘旋
was the sun come up, and you see all these airplanes circling,
他们装载着沉重的炸♥弹♥
straining, so to speak, to get up to the altitude
努力到达应有的高度
with a heavy load of bombs.
二战期间为了提高轰炸机的命中率而采取编对飞行
同时盘旋着进行编队
You had to form up and you had to circle,
一直飞行直到与队伍汇合
you was supfn 方正兰亭中黑_GBKposed to fly till you got formed up
并编队完成
with your group.
然后会有另一组轰炸机在附近编队
And then there’d be another bomb group over here.
有次 我们和另一架轰炸机离得很近
And, one day, we come within three or four inches
不过一拳之隔
of whacking up with another bomb group.
有些战机 是由年轻飞行员
Well, on some of them, where the young pilots
替补上来驾驶的
had come in as replacements,
领航机要在空中爬升
if I was first man to take off, we’d be up in the air,
大概升到60或是90米的样子
say, 200, 300 feet climbing.
突然间”轰”的一声
All of a sudden, “boom.”
你看见一道一闪而过的红光
You see a bright flash,
和紧接着迅速降落的物体
a red flash and stuff coming down.
你非常清楚这是次空中相撞
You knew darn well it was a mid-air collision.
上升过程中的每分每秒都极具危险性
And, uh, those were scary times, as far as getting up.
B-17″空中堡垒”重型轰炸机
两架轰炸机 一架刚好坠落在
Two b-17s, one came down
另一架的正上方
right on top of the other.
他们都走向了死亡
They all went to their death.
顺便一提 我就是从那时开始抽烟的
That’s when I started smoking, by the way.
相倚为家
平均每个机组由10人组成
这些人共同训练h共同飞行和生活
一起积累着不断增加的能让他们回家的任务量
事实上我相信 我们的军官
Well, actually, I believe that our officers
和自己的机组成员之间
were closer to their crew
要比和其他军官间更亲密
than they were with other officers.
在同一机组 大部分战友都十分团结
As a crew, most crews stuck pretty well together.
我们一起做了很多事
We did a lot together.
我觉得我们当时不会太欢迎

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!