As I’ve looked round like that, he’s turned round,
完全回旋,那玩意直接送进壶里
full pirouette and caught his manhood right on the pot.
你也听到一些嘶嘶声
And you heard a little ‘ssss’ like that as well.
而我们就在难以置信的情况下看着
And we’re just looking in absolute disbelief,
不敢相信他所做的一切
and can’t believe what he’s done.
而我听到的是,“呃…你在做什么?”
And all I hear is, ‘Ugh… What are you doing?’
尽量大声地喊
Screamed as loud as he could.
他要杀了我
He’s just going to kill me.
所以我真的…
So I was literally…
放下了水壶拿着它在克里夫训练场上跑来跑去
dropped the kettle and I just legging it right round, all round the Cliff,
他在追我
and he’s chasing me.
最后,他起了个大水泡
End up having a big blister on the end of it.
我不知道他在想什么
I don’t what he was thinking.
他就是…一个顽皮的小学生
It was just… just a naughty school kid in him.
对了,我这里有个水壶,我想我必须这么做
Right, I’ve got a pot here, he’s… right I think I’ll have to do that,
我没有别的办法,好吧,我就这么做
there’s nothing else I can… right, I’ll do it.
而且我不…
And I don’t…
我只是…我想他只是失去了自我
I just… I think he just lost himself.
这是我见过最有趣的事情之一
It is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.
太棒了
Brilliant.
曼彻斯特是实在很棒
Manchester was absolutely brilliant.
我们是为曼联效力的年轻小伙子
We were young lads playing for United.
我们有什么理由不高兴呢?
What couldn’t we be happy about?
我们正在做你想做的一切
We were doing everything that you wanted to do with the badge
带着你想戴的徽章,赢得比赛
that you wanted to wear, winning.
在当时有很多乐观主义
At the time there was a lot of optimism,
6个青年队的年轻人一路向前
you know, six lads from the youth team
成为曼联一线队的主力
have gone through and are regulars now in the United team.
这正在成为年轻人的世界,你知道
It was becoming a young person’s world, you know.
音乐正在改变
Music was changing.
政♥治♥正在发生变化
Politics was changing.
足球正在发生变化
Football was changing.
来自伯纳戈的绿洲乐队征服了全世界
You had a young band from Burnage, Oasis just ruling the world.
它给了人们很多乐观的情绪
And it give a lot of optimism,
你可以在国内感受到它
you could feel it within the country.
英国的生活很顺利
Life in England was just going along nicely.
然后突然出现了
And then all of a sudden there was this…
这种喧嚣
this razzmatazz.
这股浪潮,这股文化浪潮突然占据了主导地位
There was this surge, this tidal wave of culture that suddenly dominated.
一些人物在世界面前闪闪发光
Some looks sparkled in front of the world.
我有一把英国国旗吉他
I got a Union Jack Guitar,
我让他帮我签名
and I sent it to him to sign,
坦白说 我本该做的更好一些
and I really should have known better to be fair.
他寄回来的时候说
He sent it back with,
“致加里 你为英格兰出场了多少次呢?
‘To Gary, how many England caps do you deserve?
我会告诉你,没有
I’ll tell you, none.
爱你,诺尔盖勒格”
Lots of love, Noel Gallagher.’
然后在上面写满了“曼城”
And put MCFC all over it.
(今晚8点15分《迷幻列车》全球首映)
在那之前的几年里,有这样的感觉
There was that feeling in that few years preceding that,
公共精神已经消失了
the public spirit had disappeared.
只有长时间的自我和自私
This long period of individuality, of selfishness,
没有社会性的东西
you know, there’s no such thing as society.
残酷的现实使我们想去重建理想主义
That led inexorably to us wanting to re- establish a sense of idealism.
17年的伤痛从未让我们停止梦想
17 years of hurt, never stopped us dreaming labour is coming home.
17年的伤痛从未让我们停止梦想
17 years of hurt, never stopped us dreaming labour is coming home.
我不断意识到我还年轻,非常年轻
I was constantly aware of the fact that I was young, very young.
我记得我来到唐宁街的第一天
And I remember the very first day I came into Downing Street,
就去见了公务员的负责人
going down to meet the head of the Civil Service,
(前首相布莱尔)
他是英国当权派中的
who was much more senior figure
资深人物
from the British establishment,
他看着我说
and he looked and me and said,
“做得好 现在怎么办?”
‘well done. What now?’
直到你回过头来
You don’t realise until you look back
你才意识到那是多么重要的时期
how important a time that was,
在那些日子里
and how fortunate you was
你是多么幸运地出现在这个地方
to be around the place in them days.
这些年轻球员觉得他们作为球员是可能的
What those young players felt was possible for them as players,
文化 艺术和政♥治♥都令人好奇
there was a curious kind of echo in culture, in art, and in politics.
当我现在回首往事
I mean when I look back now
想到我们对上议院所做的改变
and think of the changes we made to the House of Lords,
摆脱了世袭贵族,苏格兰分治改革
getting rid of the Hereditary Peers, Scottish Devolution,
让苏格兰有了第一个议会
giving Scotland it’s first parliament,
然后是北爱尔兰的和平
and then peace in Northern Ireland.
有时候我想
Sometimes I think we…
这种时代精神的优点是什么
what was great about the spirit of that time was that…
从理性分♥析♥来看,这是不可能的
what, on rational analysis was impossible,
因为已经浸淫了某种精神和取得的成就
became imbued by a spirit of possibility and was actually done.
好像一切都重新充满了希望
There was a kind of hope crept back into everything, you know,
这是伟大的变革时期
and it was a great time of change.
而且,这是聚会时间
And, it’s party time, you know.
真是个好时代
It was good times.
西看台推倒重建
The Streford End, gets knocked down,
而突然间,在老特拉福德有了
and all of a sudden you’ve got this massive big new stadium
这个大型新体育馆
at Old Trafford.
世界各地都有体育馆,越来越大越来越好
You’ve got stadiums going out around the world, bigger and better.
一切都变得越来越大,越来越好
Everything was getting bigger and better.
比赛变得完全不同
The game became completely different.
观看方式
The way in which it was viewed.
电视转播的方式
The way in which it was televised.
投放比赛的资金
The money that came into the game.
薪金不断上涨
The wages going up.
英国足球成为我们身份的主要部分
English soccer became a major part of our identity.
你知道突然间
You know suddenly it went from something
它从政♥治♥上有点无关痛痒的东西
that was politically kind of irrelevant,
变成了政♥治♥上重要的东西
to something that was politically important.
某种程度上,我们可能有份参与革命
We were part, probably, of a revolution, in a way.
我想如果必须挑选一名球员来体现这一点
I suppose if you had to pick a footballer to epitomise that,
比其他人更为突出,那就是大卫贝克汉姆
more than any, it would be David Beckham.
(大卫贝克汉姆)
我在东伦敦长大
I grew up in East London.
出生在莱特斯通
Born in Leytonstone.
在莱特斯通的赛狗场旁边住了10年
Lived in Leytonstone, right near the dog track for about ten years,
后来搬到东伦敦的清福德
and then we moved to Chingford,
东伦敦
posh part of East London.
我去曼彻斯特之前一直住在那里
We stayed there up until I left for Manchester,
那时候…我15岁
which was when I was… 15 years old.
我父亲是狂热的曼联球迷
You know my dad was a huge Man United fan,
他谈论的都是曼联
all he talked about was United.
他最喜欢的球员是博比·查尔顿
His favourite player was Bobby Charlton.
我的中间名是罗伯特·约瑟夫
My middle name is Robert Joseph, Robert
罗伯特来自罗伯特·“博比”·查尔顿
because of Bobby Charlton,
约瑟夫来自我爷爷
and Joseph because of my granddad.
我爷爷是热刺球迷
My granddad was a Tottenham fan.
他50年来都有买♥♥季票
He’d been a season ticket holder for 50 years.
所以,圣诞节时
So at Christmas
我爸爸总是给我买♥♥曼联的球衣
my dad always used to buy me a Man United kit,
新的曼联球衣
the new Man United kit.
而我的祖父总是给我买♥♥热刺的球衣
And my granddad always used to buy me the Tottenham kit.
你签约时是什么感觉?
What was it like when you signed?
你当时的感觉如何?
How did you feel when you…?
哦,那真是太棒了
Oh it was brilliant.
从我们离开这里时就开始了
Straight from when we left here.
当时感觉非常良好
When we got there it was just brilliant.
签署文件等等
Signing the paper and that.
只是不敢相信这一切会发生
Just couldn’t believe it was happening.
贝克汉姆加入曼联他看起来就像曼联的吉祥物
Becks turned up to United, and he looked like a Man United mascot.
他有所有的运动服、围巾、帽子和博比查尔顿的徽章
He had all the tracksuits, scarves, caps, Bobby Charlton badges.
他是狂热的曼联球迷
But he was just a fanatic Man United fan.
对我们这些本地人来说这种感觉很奇怪
It was a weird experience for us local lads to see,
你知道
you know,