And help the new players, and young players.
然后我们回去训练
And then we’d go back to training
他还是没有买♥♥,谁也没有买♥♥
and he’d still not bought any, and he’s still not bought any.
我们就在第一天迎战阿斯顿维拉
And before you know it we were playing Aston Villa
今年的第一天,而我们都在队里
the first day of the year, and we was all in the team.
明显地,在前…
It’s obviously the first…
前半小时,我们以三比零落后
first half an hour, we were three nil down,
这真的是一场灾难…
and it was a disaster really…
而且…阿斯顿维拉
And…has made it three.
已经取得三分
at Aston Villa.
情况越来越糟了
It’s going from bad to worse.
比赛结束后我们在想我们让教练失望了
After the game and we’re thinking we’ve let the manager down,
他对我们有信心
he’s put his faith in us,
我们还很年轻,球迷们会恨我们的
we were only young, the fans are going to hate us,
所有人都会讨厌我们 我们毁了俱乐部
everyone’s going to hate us because we’re wrecking the club.
我认为他们有问题
I think they’ve got problems.
我不会说他们有大问题
I wouldn’t say they’ve got major problems.
显然三名球员离开了
Obviously, three players have departed,
你总需要在阵容强大时买♥♥人
the trick is always buy when you’re strong.
需要买♥♥人
So he needs to buy players.
靠一群孩子你什么都赢不了
You can’t win anything with kids.
你看看今天曼联和维拉的首发名单
You look at that line up Manchester United had today, and Aston Villa,
在两点一刻,当他们拿到球队名单时
at quarter past two when they get the team sheet,
对他们是个激励
it’s just going to give them a lift,
每次他让孩子们上场时都会发生这种情况
and it’ll happen every time he plays the kids,
他必须买♥♥球员
he’s got to buy players.
事实上 那一晚我在看比赛日精华
In truth that night, watching Match Of The Day,
我和阿兰·汉斯是同样的感受
I felt exactly the same as what Alan Hanson said,
我们不够好
we wasn’t good enough.
我们想相信它
We wanted to believe in it.
我们尝试了一切来赢得比赛
And we tried everything to win it.
但现实点说…
But to be realistic…
五个新球员…
with five new players…
都是来自足球学校
coming from the academy…
19岁
19 years old,
认为自己能赢得比赛是不太现实的
it’s not very realistic to think that you can win.
我可能还没有达到职业生涯的那个阶段
I wasn’t probably at that stage of my career
我觉得很舒服…
where I felt comfortable to sort of…
你知道,不要担心,会好起来的
you know, don’t worry about it, it’ll be alright.
我并不处在…
You know, I wasn’t at that…
因为我不知道它是否会好起来
because I didn’t know if it was going to be alright or not,
你知道,那是…
you know, it was…
他们有明星球员加入
They have got star names to come in.
他们已经有科尔和吉格斯
They’ve got Cole and Giggs.
之后还有坎通纳-坎通纳
Cantona in due course. -Cantona.
史蒂芬·布鲁斯 – 布鲁斯
Bruce. -And Steve Bruce.
还是不够的
Still not enough.
赢得冠军的秘诀是 保持板凳深度
The trick of winning the championship is having strength in depth,
他们并没有
they just haven’t got it.
我们非常努力 非常有所期待
But we tried so hard and they were so exceptional,
弗格森帮助他们快速进步
and Ferguson held them to learn things so quickly.
我们做到了
But we won it.
两座冠军
And we won the double.
英超联赛和足总杯
Premier League and the cup.
从禁赛中回归的埃里克
Eric when he come back from his suspension,
是现象级的
he was phenomenal really
带领球队前进
and really did carry the team quite a lot of the time.
靠孩子什么都赢不了 这没错
You don’t win anything with kids, he’s right,
靠孩子什么都赢不了
you don’t win anything with kids,
我们能赢是因为我们队里有罗伊·基恩
we won because we were part of a team
罗伊基恩的球队
that had Roy Keane in it,
有布鲁斯 有帕里斯特
and we have Bruce, Pallister,
这些顶尖的有经验的球员
we had all these top experienced players
带领年轻人度过难关
who got the young lads through it really.
(齐内丁·齐达内)
90年代♥开♥始他们把老队员和年轻队员混合起来
像斯科尔斯 贝克汉姆 吉格斯
所有这些球员开始起步
所有这些球员开始起步
和老队员组成难以置信的球队
从那时起我就看见曼联
在欧洲舞台上大放异彩
说实话,当时我们并没有意识到这有多特别
We didn’t realise how special it was to be honest, I think at the time,
我想那是因为,我们都在同一队
because, you know, we’re all in the team.
我们之间不会妒忌对方
There was not one piece of jealousy between any of us
我们所担心的是要留在球队并发挥表现
and all we were worried about was staying in the team and doing well.
我没有参加96年的决赛
I didn’t play in the ’96 final.
在决赛中,我们对阵阿森纳
In the final, we played Arsenal,
他早上来到我的房♥间
he came round to my room in the morning,
我可以听到他在外面咳嗽,你懂的…
I could hear him coughing outside, you know that…
进来后说他不踢了
Came in and said he wasn’t playing,
但你听见他在门外走廊上咳嗽
you know, but you hear his cough outside the door down the corridor.
如果你知道落选了 我不会开门的
If you knew you were getting dropped, I just didn’t answer the door.
如果他找不到你
If he can’t find you,
就不会让你落选
he can’t drop you. Can he.
玩失踪-是的
Go missing. -Yeah.
你以前的确是在等那敲门声,是吗?
You did used to wait for that knock though didn’t you?
是的,以前经常等他来敲门-大约11点左右
Yeah, used to wait for the knock. -About elevenish.
我记得有一次他来找我…
I remember once him coming up to me…
我想那是在星期六比赛前的星期四
I think it was Thursday before a game on a Saturday.
他说:“星期六我不让你上场了孩子”
And he said, ‘I’m not playing you on Saturday son,’
他说
he said,
“我在两星期后的星期六为你准备了一场比赛
‘I’ve got a game for you two weeks on Saturday,
为你而设的比赛”
it’s just the game for you.’
我当时在想…
I was like…
“所以我不踢四场比赛了?”
‘So I’m not playing for four games?’
“你要确保为那场比赛做好准备
‘You make sure you prepare for that one.
我需要你参加那场比赛”
I need you in that game.’
而我就像
And I was like,
“好,他需要我参加那场比赛
‘right he needs me in that game.’
我想 我刚被通知了4场比赛不用踢?
I’m thinking have I been dropped for four games?
还是被告知我太优秀 需要做好准备?
Or have I been told I’m brilliant and I’m needed for that…
我想不明白
I couldn’t work it out.
他不让你上场最好的理由是什么
What’s the best excuse he’s given you for leaving you out?
太热了 – 太热了?
Too hot. -Too hot?
对 斯科尔斯 太热了 – 对你而言
Really, Scholsey it’s too hot. -Too hot for you.
夏普在维拉公园球场总是表现出色
Sharpey always does well at Villa Park,
他总是做得很好,所以我不打算让你踢
he always does well, so I’m not going to play you.
他有次说不带我去打切尔西是因为
He said he was leaving me out of Chelsea once
人群中有新纳粹份子
because they had some combat 18 fanatics…
狂热者
fanatics in the crowd,
我太年轻了 不太适宜
and he thought I was a bit too young for it.
他给我最好的理由是,这是个不错的场地
Best one he gave me was, you know, it’s a nice ground,
你习惯硬场地
and you come into your own on a heavy pitch,
所以11月再上吧
so November you’ll be my player.
所以我每年每赛季只能踢一个月
So I only played one month a year me, a month a season.
每个赛季
Season.
尼基的特点是…
Thing about Nicky is…
无论他的年龄多大,他的脸上总是挂着
regardless of his age he always had that…
九岁、十岁、十一岁的学生模样 总图谋不轨
schoolboy nine, ten, eleven year old look on his face, of up to no good.
弗格森爵士曾经说过,巴特你在搞什么鬼
Sir Alex used to say, Butt, you’re up to no good.
一直这样
All the time.
做些孩子气的事情
Silly little childish things.
我曾经用茶壶做过一次,而彼得舒梅切尔
I did one once with a teapot and Peter Schmeichel,
你知道6尺8寸的大个子,巨人
you know big six foot eight man, giant.
他来到更衣室,那里有一盘三明治
He’d come in the dressing room and there was a tray of sandwiches
还有大的热银壶,里面有茶或咖啡
and there was a big hot silver pots with tea in, or coffee.
显然地,我们就坐在更衣室里寒冷的天
And obviously we were just sat in the dressing room, a freezing cold day,
彼得舒梅切尔,他走过去拿一件三明治
and Peter Schmeichel, obviously, he walks up to get a sandwich
和一杯茶,绝对的恶作剧
and a cup of tea absolutely bollocks…
我把热气腾腾的水壶放在床上
And I put a steaming hot kettle on the bed,
放在他的屁♥股♥后面
and I put it behind his arse,
我就像这样看着那些小伙子们在笑
like that, so I was sort of like that looking at the lads laughing,
想着他只是要摸摸那里
thinking he’s just going to touch it there.
当我像那样看了一圈,他转过身来