如果他们赢了
I mean I think if they’d have won,
他们会继续前进 赢得双冠王
they might have gone on and won the double, but…
但你见过这样的镜头吗
Have you ever seen the footage when…
他打进决胜球之后这样…
you know when he scores the goal and goes likes this…
看斯科尔斯的镜头
watch the footage of Scholsey…
我有参与
I got into the goal.
他进了球,然后像这样…
He goes in the goal and goes like this…
他可能在想,我在做什么?
he’s probably thinking, what am I doing?
你们看过了吗?
Have you seen it?
因为我在跑,等着你横传
Because I was running waiting for you to square it.
然后你却跑去庆祝
And you ran away celebrating,
并脱下你的上衣
and you take your top off,
而我就这样…
and I got like that…
斯科尔斯那球可让我避过一劫
That’d had have got me out jail Scholsey that one.
就在我旁边
Right next to me.
那是一些目标-那是最棒的感觉
That was some goal. -It was the best feeling.
我无法享受,因为比赛即将开始
I couldn’t enjoy it because of the games coming up.
那是一些目标
That was some goal.
在最后一场比赛之前你永远无法享受任何一场胜利
You could never enjoy any of the wins until the last game.
人们总是说:“你认为…”这就像…
You know how people always say, “Do you think…” It was just like…
我们真的没有想过这个问题,是吗?
We didn’t think about it really, did we?
没有
No.
你需要一个结果但你不需要额外的时间
You needed a result but you didn’t need extra time,
10个人,像这样的真正战斗
10 men, a real battle like this…
听着,谁知道球场上会发生什么呢 加里
Look a€“ who’s to know what’s going to happen in football Gary,
可能最后会打中我的脸
it could all blow up in my face at the end of the day
但你能忘记这样的时刻吗?
but can you forget moments like this?
球迷会几年之后还在讨论这个时刻
Those supporters will be talking about that for years.
球员们也会在多年后谈论这个话题
The players will be talking about that for years.
这就是足球的意义所在
That’s what football’s about.
试图达到顶峰,攀登那些时刻
Trying to reach peaks and climb those are the moments.
我们已经进入了决赛
We’re in the final,
我们已经为自己争取到一些东西
we’ve got something in the bag for ourselves –
现在,我们要努力赢得这星期的比赛
now we’re going to try and win this week now.
(菲尔内维尔)
我总是在比我大两三岁的队伍中踢球
I used to play two or three years above myself.
我不只是在自己的年龄组中踢中后卫
I wasn’t just in my own age group playing at centre back
后卫或中场
or fullback or in midfield,
因此,当我还是个孩子的时候我就已经和成年人一起踢球
so I was playing with men when I was only a boy.
所以我很早就意识到要在比赛中取得进步
So I realised early on that to get forward in the game
我需要装备自己
I needed many strings to my bow.
英格兰队的教练曾经对我说
The England manager used to say to me,
你需要锁定一个位置
you need to nail down one position.
你需要锁定一个位置
You need to nail down one position,
如果你能做到这一点,你的职业生涯就会变得更大、更好、更长久
if you do that, you’ll have a bigger, better, longer career.
我过去常想
And I used to come away thinking,
这是我一生中听过最大的废话
that is the biggest load of rubbish that I’ve ever heard in my life.
我19或者20岁时
I’m… I am 19, I am 20,
我是曼联一线队的常客
I’m a regular in Man United’s first team squad.
我认为这可能是
And I think it was probably one of the times
我必须令自己保持坚定的时候
when I probably did have to be strong with myself,
坚信我所做的和我所相信的事情是正确的
that what I was doing and what I believed in was right.
菲尔总是很受欢迎
Phil was always popular,
因为他在…
because he was…
他跟任何人相处都很舒服
he was comfortable around anyone’s company.
他是那种在更衣室里很好的人
He was one of them people who were good in the dressing room,
而且很适合作伴因为他能让人们感到安心
and good to have around because he would just make people feel at ease.
作为边后卫需要有一个过人技巧 对我而言就是踩单车
As a fullback you need to develop a trick, and mine was a step over.
我每天都在练习这个动作
And I worked on it every day.
我每天都在练习这个动作
And I worked on it every day.
而且,我在老特拉福德的一场比赛中做到了
And, I did it in a game once at Old Trafford.
我踩单车 贴近边线传中
I did a step over, got to the by-line, crossed it, and…
我们差点就进球了
we nearly scored.
当我跑回来时
And as I was running back,
巴特、贝克汉姆和基恩
Butty, Becks, Keano,
他们都笑得前仰后合
they were laughing their heads off.
笑得前仰后合
Just laughing their heads off,
我摸不着头脑
and I could not understand for the life of me,
不明白他们为什么笑
why they were laughing.
我做了俱乐部最好的踩单车
I’d just done the best step over that this club has ever seen,
而他们绝对是在笑得尿裤子
and they’re absolutely wetting themselves laughing.
所以,下一次我拿到球的时候
So, the next time I get the ball,
所以下次拿球时我做了两个踩单车
I threw in a double step over,
观众们,他们在欢呼
and the crowd, you know, they were cheering
我想他们以为我在搞笑
and I think they thought I was taking the mickey.
但这是我认真对待的事情
But this is something that I was serious about
我已经努力了6个月
and I’ve worked on for six months.
而我就在老特拉福德对南安普顿的比赛中完成了这个动作
And I’d just produced it at Old Trafford against Southampton.
我做完两个踩单车
So I turned round after the double step over,
罗伊基恩看着我
and Roy Keane looked at me,
罗伊基恩看着我,说:“别闹了”
and just said, ‘stop f’ing about.’
我不太高兴…
I wasn’t too happy when…
当我在比赛中踢球时,我在想…
I’m playing in a game, and I’m thinking…
哦,他们在唱我的歌♥
oh they’re singing my song,
你知道,在最初的几秒钟里
you know, for the first few seconds, and then…
菲尔,菲尔会撕碎你
Phil, Phil will tear you up…
哇,哇,哇
Wow, wow, wow.
这是不对的
That’s not right.
菲尔?
Phil?
不,这是我的歌♥
No it’s my song.
菲尔内维尔,它一定没有那么好
Phil Neville It must have not been that good
因为以前每个人都轻松击败我
because everyone used to slaughter me about it.
埃里克·坎通纳 对于弗格森来说这很重要…
Eric Cantona For Ferguson, it was important…
足球学校、年轻球员是非常重要的
academy, young players was very important.
然后我们可以看到这是伟大的一代
Then we could see that it was a great generation,
我们可以听到教练和所有人的声音
and we could hear the coaches and everybody.
这是伟大的一代
It was a great generation.
然后你必须要有…
And then you have to have the…
简单地,要有教练,给他们机会比赛
it’s simple then to have the manager, give them the chance to play.
我记得我当时在度假 应该是在塞浦路斯
I remember I was on holiday, I think I was in Cyprus,
拿起报纸,你看到所有这些球员都去了
and pick up the paper and you see all these players are going,
你在想,哇
and you’re thinking, wow,
这是怎么回事?
what’s going on here?
这一定是要引进一些合适的大牌球员来代替他们
It must be going to go and buy some proper big players to replace them.
很明显,教练在找我们可以改进的地方
Obviously the manager was looking at where we could improve,
但我认为没有人能够预见到他要做什么
but I don’t think anyone could foresee what he was going to do.
马克·休斯 安德列·坎切尔斯基 保罗·因斯
You know Mark Hughes, Andres Kanchelskis and Paul Ince.
这是曼联重要的球员
You know three massive players for United.
坦白的讲 爵爷在挺我们 不是吗
To be fair to the gaffer he stood by us didn’t he.
他可以…
He could…
他本可以买♥♥下他想要的球员的
he could have bought any player he wanted.
那段时间爵爷也很有压力 不是吗
He was under pressure around that time, the gaffer wasn’t he?
离开的三名球员
The three players that went…
很重要 – 都很重要
massive… -Massive.
…明星球员
…fan player.
你知道-球迷们喜欢他们
You know. -The fans loved them.
球迷们喜欢他们…
Fans loved them…
斯科尔斯替代马克·休斯
I suppose came in for Sparky.
你替代因斯 你顶替坎切尔斯基
You came in for Incey, you for Andres.
我顶替保罗·帕克
Me for Paul Parker,
我们替代了那些出色的球员 不是吗
because we were like, we were all replacing brilliant players,
不是吗,你懂我的意思吗?
weren’t we, do you know what I mean?
这是个很大的风险
It’s a great risk.
可是…
But…
他知道这一点
he knew it.
而且他是对的
And he was right.
能和新一代球员一起
And for me of course it was great to play with a generation of players
一起踢球和赢球是很好的
who win things with them.
成为其中的一分子
Be a bit in the middle of that.
你知道的
You know.
并帮助新晋球员和年轻球员