‘do you want to end up like him?’
从那一天起,我真的变得更专注了而且…
From that day on really I was a little bit more focused and…
我以前也见过教练发火,但不是这样的
Obviously I’d seen the gaffer snap before, but not like that.
(1998/99年赛季)
(维拉公园球场,1999年4月14日)
(足总杯半决赛重赛曼联对阿森纳)
两队最不希望的就是一场重赛
The last thing that either club needed was a replay.
但我们还是迎来了重赛
But here we are.
曼联要遭遇现在开始
United already committed to two games a week
到五月底的一周双赛
between now and the end of May,
如果他们争夺三冠王的话
or they are if they’re to keep thinking about a treble.
但不要忘了阿森纳也有夺得双冠王的机会
And let’s not forget the double’s still on for Arsenal.
我们拭目以待
Something has got to give here.
我想我们三四天前刚踢完比赛
We’d played I think about three or four days before.
接下来还要对阵尤文图斯 我们在联赛中表现不错
We had Juventus coming up, we were doing well in the League.
所以教练决定改变现状
So the manager decided to change things.
我参加了第一场比赛
I’d played in the first game.
我们有一球被吹掉了 我们应该赢的
We’d had a goal disallowed, and we felt that we should have won it.
我只是想在那场比赛中出场
And I just wanted to play in that game.
但是我坐在替补席上
And I was subbed.
那段时间 阿森纳是最大对手
At that point in our careers, Arsenal was the rivals.
那支阿森纳很强大
It was such a great Arsenal team,
那是我们在国内对赛过
it was the best team
最好的球队
that probably we played against domestically.
力量 速度 侵略性
Power. Pace. Aggression.
经验 技巧
Experience. Skill.
他们拥有一切
They had everything.
然后…
And…
这是个很难对付的队伍
it was such a tough team to play against.
我是说,来自英格兰的马丁·基翁还有…
I mean, Martin Keown from England, and…
他们都是…
they were all…
和大卫希曼,他们都是很好的球员 我真的很喜欢他们
and David Seaman, they were all great lads, I really like them.
但在球场上,大家都心存恨意
But on the pitch, there was just a real hatred.
这场比赛太累了
And it had been such a tiring game.
先是一比零,然后是一比一,然后…
You know, going one nil up, then one one, and then…
基恩被罚下场所以我们队显然少了一个人
Keaney got sent off, so we’re playing, obviously a man down.
大家都很情绪化
There was so many emotions as well.
我本该有所表现的
I probably should have came off.
但我真的身心俱疲
I was physically and mentally exhausted.
当时情绪波动
It was… such an emotionally charged evening,
我陷入僵局
that I just hit a brick wall.
球传到了雷·帕洛尔手中,他要对付我
The ball came across to Ray Parlour and he was taking me on.
我记得我的感觉是…崩溃了
And I remember feeling…shattered.
直到今天,我还记得他向我跑来
I actually remember him running at me, to this day,
我还在想我已经死在这里了
thinking I’m dead here.
所以我就倒在了地上
So I just collapsed on the floor,
所以我倒地想去铲球
thinking I’ve got to make a tackle.
我太累了
And it was a tired…
做了一个错误决定
I made the wrong decision.
而且,当我送出罚球时
And… and when I give the penalty away,
当裁判判罚点球时 我想自己结束了
I remember thinking life is over.
死定了
I’m dead.
宁肯死也不能给阿森纳点球
I’d rather die than this penalty go in.
那些时刻 我真的在想
And it was one of those moments when I honestly thought,
如果丹尼斯·博格坎普罚进点球
if Dennis Bergkamp would have scored
我在曼联的生涯或许就结束了
my Man United would have probably been finished.
我和菲尔去和彼得舒梅切尔庆祝
Me and Phil go to celebrate with Peter Schmeichel,
他真的把我俩推到了禁区另一端
but he literally shoves us the other side of the box.
他用手把我勾住 推到一边
He literally clothes lined me away.
我又重新回来了
And I was back on it.
这场比赛变得有点紧张
The game was getting a bit stretched.
所以我想教练认为
So I think the manager thought
现在让我上场是最合适的
it would be perfect for me to come on now,
教练只是说
fresh legs and the manager just says,
“我觉得右后卫很累了
‘think the right back is tiring.
你有机会就去冲一冲
Whenever you get a chance, run at them.
制♥造♥机会”
Make something happen.’
我们只有10人 想着拖入点球大战
You’re ten men, you’re thinking it’s going to penalties.
你在坚持
You’re hanging on.
阿森纳的攻势一波接着一波
Arsenal have sort of wave after wave of attack.
吉格斯得球
And then Gigsey picks the ball up.
帕特里克·维埃拉横传球失误
Patrick Vieira plays the ball square.
我只记得吉格斯准备出发
And I just remember Gigsey setting off.
我加速跑时你能看出来
When I sprint, you can tell I’m sprinting.
所有东西都在运动
Everything is moving.
对于吉格斯来说,这几乎是慢动作
With Gigsey it’s almost slow motion,
他在表面上滑行
he glides on the top of the surface,
他的脚没有接触到地面
his feet don’t touch the ground.
他得到球
He picked the ball up.
我在他左后方
And I was at left back behind him,
我大喊:“吉格斯,吉格斯,我来了”
and I was shouting ‘Gigsey, Gigsey, I’m on my way.’
想着接应他
Thinking I was going to overlap him.
而吉格斯却离我越来越远,越来越远
And Gigsey just went further and further and further away from me.
他开始带球过人
He starts running at players, and I’ve seen Gigsey do this…
我15岁时就见他这样做过
since I was 15 years old.
我站在原地不动
I stood still.
而这就像慢动作
And it was like slow motion.
他左右晃动
In and out, gliding in and out.
他就像一只羚羊
He was like a gazelle.
他如此优雅
He had this grace about him.
他在做肢体动作
And he was making body movements,
甚至没有碰到球
without even touching the ball.
过掉李·迪克森
And Lee Dixon went for one.
过掉马丁·基翁
Martin Keown went for one.
我只见他继续推进 不断推进
I just saw him going through, going through, keeping on going.
我想斯科尔斯在远端
I’m thinking Scholes is coming in back post.
找斯科尔斯 找斯科尔斯
Look at Scholsey, look at Scholsey.
他完全可以横传给我
And all he had to do was square it to me and…
我也快速插上
I’d make a big run and…
我落后他20码
I tell you, I still I was still 20 yards behind him,
我尽可能跑的更快些
and I was sprinting as fast as I could.
这就是瑞恩吉格斯
That was Ryan Giggs,
无论他是在下布劳顿路、利特尔顿路
whether he was playing on Lower Broughton Road, Littleton Road,
克里夫训练场 还是卡林顿踢球
the Cliff Training Ground, Carrington.
这就是瑞恩吉格斯的特点
That was what Ryan Giggs was all about.
这是吉格斯的时刻
This was Gigsey’s moment.
多么精彩的进球
What a goal!
就像魔术师挥舞着魔法棒
You have seen a magician wave a wand!
完成了一段魔法
And conjure up a trick
悠久历史的足总杯会因此铭记
which the FA Cup and all it’s glorious past can revel in.
我毫无意识 不知道自己在做什么
Just lose yourself, don’t know what you’re doing.
还有所有事情
And everything…
我失去理智
sanity just goes out of your head.
我决定脱掉上衣…
And I just decided to take my shirt off and just…
开始挥舞
start swinging it.
队员们都走过来
Team were coming over.
球迷们都走过来
Fans were coming over.
他们压在我身上,这真是
They were on top of me and it’s just…
令人难以置信
un believable.
一生中能看到多少次
How many times are you going to see a goal
这样的进球?
like that in your lifetime?
尤其是由你的队友射进的
Especially scored by one of your lads as well.
这是我见过最好的入球
It is the best goal I’ve ever seen.
这一切,它是多么的重要,还有…
Just for everything, how important it was, and…
他的进球方式 过掉的后卫
the way he did it, who he went past.
作为后卫 你用不同的眼光看着他们
As a defender, you look at those lads differently,
他们是你的英雄
and they’re the heroes for you,
他们在你需要他们的时候
they produce the biggest moments,
在最好的时刻 创造最精彩的瞬间
at the best times, when you need them.
整个赛季他们都很努力
And throughout that season they all delivered.
每一个人
Every single one of them.
但吉格斯的那个瞬间最精彩
But Giggsy’s moment is the stand out moment.