现在我退休了15年,他还在踢
Yeah and now I retired what, 15 years ago and he still plays.
这很疯狂
It’s crazy.
我永远不会忘记在老特拉福德的旧更衣室里
I’ll never forget the manager sort of naming the team
主教练正在对球队进行点名
in the old dressing rooms at Old Trafford.
我只是坐在那里,我没有听他说话
And I’m just sat there and I’m not, not listening to him,
也有一半是不感兴趣 因为我不认为我会有机会上场
but sort of half not interested because I didn’t think I was playing.
最后点到的是左翼锋
So left wing is last.
而他…我永远不会忘记这场面
And he… And I’ll never forget it.
他说:“瑞恩,你今天踢左翼”
It was like, ‘and Ryan, you’ll play on the left today.’
我当时在想…
I was like…
“你说我的名字吗?”
‘did you say my name there?’
然后就…
And like…
开始了…
started…
我不喜欢坐飞机
I don’t like flying.
所以当我们起飞的时候我的手心就会出汗
So when we’re taking off, I’ve got like sweaty palms,
你不会相信的,而那就像是…
like you wouldn’t believe. And it was like…
这是完全相同的感觉
it was exactly the same feeling.
14号♥是17岁的瑞恩吉格斯
Number 14 is 17 year old Ryan Giggs.
我们看着他,想着
We looked at him and thought a€“
这就是我们的动力
that’s our motivation a€“
你知道,如果主教练给了他机会
you know, if the manager’s giving him a chance,
那么他肯定会在某些时候给我们机会
then surely he’s going to give us a chance at some point.
这就是吉格斯!
And this is Giggs!
他越来越棒了
OH he just gets it in there!
主教练总是说
The manager used to always say
每当我剃须
whenever I had a shave,
第二天训练的时候
then the next day in training,
他就会看着我说
he’d just look at me,
“你昨晚出去了,对吧?”
‘you was out last night, wasn’t you?’
我说:“没有”
And I’d go, ‘no.’
他就说:“你有,当你出去玩的时候
He’d go, ‘yes you was, you always have a shave,
你总是会剃须
when you’ve gone out, you always have a shave,
你总是剃得很干净”
you’re always clean shaven.’
所以从那时起,我就学会了
So from then on, I just learned,
如果我出去玩,我就不会剃须
if I went out I just wouldn’t shave.
我认为在曼彻斯特长大
I think growing up in Manchester,
在90年代 绝对是幸运的
in the ’90s, obviously it was brilliant, massive.
那是石玫瑰 快乐周一和飞毯乐队的时代
It was the time of the Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets,
所有浩室音乐,这是值得一去的地方
all the house music and it was the place to be.
我的意思是,那是个可笑的地方
I mean it was a ridiculous place.
庄园和滨道夜♥总♥会♥
The Hacienda. The Boardwalk.
我们会去听音乐会,斯派克岛
We’d be going to concerts, Spike Island.
那是一个非常特别的时期,真的
And, it was a really special time really.
我记得有一次整个曼联队都去了庄园夜♥总♥会♥
I remember once the whole Man United team went to the Hacienda.
媒体到处都是,现在是不可能发生的
Wouldn’t happen nowadays with the press everywhere but…
但是你会有所谓的球员通行证
You’d have, what’s called a player’s pass,
曼联球员的通行证
a Man United player’s pass.
所以每个…
So every like…
职业球员都有一张
professional had one.
某些夜♥总♥会♥,你可以凭此免费入场
And certain clubs, you’d get in free with it.
所以,你带着球员证出去
So, you’d go out with your player’s pass,
给保镖看,让我进去
show it the bouncer, you know, let me in.
曼彻斯特的成长过程中
That was a good thing
有一件事是我很喜欢的
that I liked about my upbringing in Manchester
就是大家都互相照顾
was everyone looked after each other,
如果你是个好人,不过分炫耀
and if you was a good enough guy you didn’t show off too much
不傲慢自大,保镖会照顾你
and you weren’t big headed, the bouncer looked after you.
(马尼 石玫瑰乐队贝斯手)
这就像是魔法尘埃
It just seemed like the magic dust literally
洒遍整个城市
had been sprayed all over the City.
所以能够看到足球和音乐是很好的
So it was good to see the football and the music thing…
你知道,还有什么呢?
you know, what else is there?
还有什么呢?
What else is there?
曼彻斯特重新塑造自己
Manchester reinvented itself.
没有等待领导人来为它做这些
It didn’t wait for a leader to do that for it,
事实上,这城市把首相撒切尔夫人
in fact, it took the disinterest that was clearly shown to it,
对它明显表现出的不感兴趣
by Margaret Thatcher’s premiership,
视作一个讯号♥让这城市自己作改变
and it took that as actually a signal to do it itself.
我们甚至不能出门 脚下全是蟑螂
We can’t even get out, we’re walking on cockroaches, beetles.
在这个街区的公♥寓♥里?
In flats in this block?
在这边的这些公♥寓♥里
In these flats over here.
有很多人上来把这个地方
We’ve got people coming up using the place
当作妓院,到处都是东西
as brothels and everything all over the place.
这真让人吃惊-太恶心了
That’s amazing. -It’s disgusting.
我们是撒切尔任下长大的孩子
We all grew up as Thatcher’s children and…
真心地说,那个贱♥人♥是我音乐事业的起点
you know, hand on my heart, that bitch gave me my start in music man,
因为她让我辍学 去领救济
because she put me on the dole straight out of school.
除了学习乐器 我还能做什么?
And where else would I have got the chance to learn an instrument.
北面有些大城市
There were some great northern cities
实际上不受制于任何人
that actually aren’t beholden to anyone,
你知道,不管情况有多恶劣
you know, and no matter how bad it gets,
都得靠自己来重塑
they will regenerate themselves.
当然,现在的足球队,特别是曼联
Now the football teams of course, especially, United,
是一个象征
is a symbol of that.
夏普喜欢外出,喜欢聚会,喜欢享受美好时光
Sharpey loved to go out, loved to party and have a good time.
对我来说
For me he was the one
他是我可能与之有最多共同点的人 因为年龄的关系
who I had probably the most in common with because of the age.
我见过吉格斯和李夏普以及一些人
I’ve seen Gigsey and Lee Sharpe and a few of the guys out
在镇上和夜店出没
and about in town and in the clubs,
当时和你一样
at the time and what have you.
我想,我们应该自己去告诉他们
I suppose, we should have took it on ourselves to tell them
让他们早点回家休息
to naff off home and get an early night,
趁着利物浦的比赛还没开始 可是…
before there’s a Liverpool game coming up or something. But…
这不是我们能做的,对吗?
it’s not our place to do that is it.
弗格森在外面有自己的网络关系处理这些事
Fergie had his little network of his guys out there doing just that,
我想是的,所以…
didn’t he I suppose, so…
他已经得到消息说我和夏普要出去
The gaffer had been tipped off that me and Sharpey were going out.
他完全吓我们一跳 我们在夏普家里
So he’s just totally surprised us, and we’re at Sharpey’s house and…
他完全吓我们一跳 我们在夏普家里
So he’s just totally surprised us, and we’re at Sharpey’s house and…
他用力敲门 小伙伴们都吓坏了
He knocked on the door. My mates answered.
他的目光直视你 我无处遁形
And I’m literally in his eye line, I mean anywhere else I could have hid.
但我站在…
But I’m stood…
我靠在冰箱上,手里拿着一瓶啤酒
I’m leaning against the fridge with a beer in my hand.
教练以前也撞破过,但并非这样…
And the gaffer has snapped before, but not like that…
他把我的朋友赶走 他把女孩们赶出去
He threw my mate out. He threw the girls out.
他走了,那个家伙在哪里?
He’s gone, where is that f…
夏普在哪里?
where’s Sharpey?
我有另一个朋友跑上楼说:“夏普!”
So one of my other mates has ran upstairs, said, ‘Sharpey!’
夏普在照镜子…
Sharpey’s in the mirror just…
他正在穿衣服
he’s getting dressed.
在自己卧室里 穿上夹克
He’s in his bedroom just, you know, putting his jacket on.
“你的教练来了,你的教练来了”
‘Your gaffer’s here, your gaffer’s here.’
夏普走了
Sharpey’s gone,
“是的,好的,是的他当然走了”
‘yeah, alright, yeah. Of course he is, yeah.’
继续像准备工作一样
Carried on sort of like… getting ready.
在镜子里,他看到教练在上楼梯
And in the mirror, he seen the gaffer walking up the stairs.
这时,学徒们可以听到他的声音
At this time the apprentices can hear his voice,
只有部分学徒逃了出去
because there was a few of the apprentices out.
他们躲在了衣柜里
They’ve hid in the wardrobe.
他们躲在了床底下
They’ve hid under the bed.
其中一个人跳出了窗户
One of them jumped out the window.
而他不知道他们的情况
And he didn’t know about them.
他们没有被抓住
They didn’t get caught.
总之,他当场抓住了我和夏普
So anyway, he’s caught me and Sharpey red handed.
他让我们坐下
And he’s just sat us down.
对我们大打出手
And he’s absolutely battered us.
“夏普,你要回宿舍了
‘Sharpey you’re going back in digs,
你不能有自己的房♥子
you’re not having your own house.
你已经有太多的机会了
You’ve had too many chances.’
他对我说,他已经走了
And he said to me, he’s gone,
“你想落得和他一样的下场吗?”