每天都和队友们一起工作
You go to work every day together with your mates,
在这个世界无忧无虑,只有乐趣
you’ve got no cares in the world, it’s just fun.
你知道你很厉害
You knew you was good,
你知道你比大多数对手球队要好
you knew you was better than most teams you played against.
但那是我职业生涯中最好的时光
But they were the best times in my career,
我现在仍然可以这么说
I can still say that now.
当我们还是孩子的时候
What happened at the Cliff
在克里夫发生的事情是老学徒
when we was kids was the old apprentices,
所有第一年的职业球员总是
all the first year pro would always…
你知道…
you know…
抓住第一年的学徒
get hold of the first year apprentices,
也就是我们,做各种事情
which was us, do all sorts.
大多数事情都是不可言传的
Most of the things are unspeakable.
这是那个时代的终结在那里只是做了一件事
It was the end of that era where it was just the done thing.
在那里,你的开始你的成长过程的一部分
Where part of your initiation, part of your growing up process,
令你变得坚强
your toughening up process
把你放在你不喜欢的情况下
was to put you in situations that you didn’t like.
有一次他们把我装在一个工具袋里,挂上锁
They put me in a kit bag and padlocked it up once
并将我送上巴士
and put me on a bus.
一星期后又跟斯科尔斯做了同样的事然后…
And then did the same with Scholsey the week later and…
尼克不小,但我很小所以我很容易进去
Nicky wasn’t small, but I was tiny so I’d fit in quite easily.
结果就像这样拍打着袋子之后就被带到…
And you’d end up like smacking the bag like this, and you’d be…
老特拉福德球场的中间在洗衣房♥里被拉出来
in the middle of Old Trafford in the laundry getting pulled out.
解锁并送了回来
So it was unlocked and sent back.
在晚餐时间,你只知道当你吃过饭后就可以了
At dinner times, you just knew when you’ve had your dinner, that’s it,
二年级学生绝对会试图虐待你
the second years were going to absolutely try and abuse you.
而我们都选择去躲在某个地方
And we just all choose to go and hide somewhere.
我想我们曾经躲在大体育馆里
I think we used to hide in the big gym.
在入会仪式上
When it come to initiations,
很多人在20秒或15秒内就结束了
a lot of people it would be over in 20 seconds, 15 seconds,
他们就会去…
they would just go…
他们会做一些愚蠢的事情
they would just do something stupid,
你会得到一轮…这很好
you’d get a round of… that was brilliant.
你得到一轮热烈的掌声再也不需要做任何事情
You get a round of applause, right, you don’t have to do anything again.
会有一些奇怪的球员不愿意这样做
There would be the odd player who wouldn’t do it,
或者不想做
or didn’t want to do it,
或者做得很糟糕
or would do it rubbish,
然后你就会,你就会针对他们
and then you would be, you’d be on them.
有一次,他们把斯科尔斯放在干衣机里
There’s one time they put Scholsey in the dryer and…
我不认为他们…
I don’t think they…
我不知道他们是否开着了它
I don’t know whether they turned it, but they shut the door
但他们关上了门他们可能只是快速地开关
and they might have just turned it on and off like that quick.
我认为他惊恐症发作
And I think he had a panic attack, I think.
但这也是一部旧式大型工业干衣机
But it was one of the big old industrial dryers, as well,
我想这就是他哮喘发作的原因
I think that’s what brought his asthma on.
哦,夜店场景是最棒的你必须和别人搭讪
Oh the night club scene was the best, you had to chat someone up.
我曾经和你试过一次
I had to do that with you once.
搭讪还是…?-是的
Chat them up, or…? -Yeah.
这不是我年轻时的最擅长的技能和女生搭讪
It wasn’t my greatest skill when I was a young kid, chatting girls up.
我曾对着克莱顿·布莱克摩尔的挂历
I had to perform sexual actions
自♥慰♥过
to Clayton Blackmore’s calendar.
哦,不
Oh no.
在床上?
On the bed?
对,在床上
Yeah on the bed.
那时我表现最差的一次
Yeah that was my worst one.
球鞋鞋油也是…
Boot polish as well on the…
球鞋鞋油的号♥码放在我的…
I had a boot polish number put on the back of my…
烟枪背面,把汤匙放进你的嘴里
The bong. Put the spoon in your mouth.
谁在你身上画的运动服?
Who drew the kit on you?
我不肯定
I’m not sure about that.
我不肯定谁做的,但…
I’m not sure who did it but…
谁会把运动服画在…
Who’d choose to draw a kit on…
你不认为…-那人是你!
Do you not think… -It was you!
不是我
It wasn’t me.
开始了
Initiation.
甚至不知道你为何在这里-没错看看你是怎么变的
Don’t even know why you’re here. -Right. And look how you turned out.
我不,我不享受-不用客气
I didn’t, I didn’t enjoy it. -You’re welcome.
你太可怕了,吉格斯
You was horrible Gigsey.
我讨厌他
I hated him.
它使你变得实在、坚强、刚强
It made you solid – it made you hard, it made you tough,
令你不怕在朋友面前看起来像个
it made you not be scared of looking a fool
傻瓜
in front of your friends.
不害怕,你知道
Not be scared of, you know,
在年长的球员面前大声说出来
saying things out loud in front of older players.
因此,虽然现在可能
So, although it was probably, nowadays,
被归类为欺凌
be classed as bullying,
但这是成为球员的重要组成部分
it was a massive part of becoming a player at the club.
因为,如果你是一个20岁的青年
Because, you know, if you’re a 20 year old lad
在球场上出了问题
and something is wrong on the pitch,
如果你没有胆量
if you’ve not got the bollocks and go
告诉其他球员
and say it to these other players,
那么你就没有机会在曼联立足了
then you’ve got no chance of making it at Man United.
尽管我讨厌这样做,让我感到别扭
Even though I hated it, and it used to make me ill,
我仍然认为有一部分老派价值观
I still think there’s part of that old school values,
以及现今孩子们错过锻炼成为坚强的人的过程
and that tough nut process that the kids nowadays miss out on.
我很高兴我们这些人在那时捱过了
I’m happy that us lot came through at that time
因为当我们成为预备队球员的时候
because when we came into being reserve team players,
我们是那些阻止它发生的球员
we were the players that stopped it.
我们是那些知道这样做是不对的球员
We were the players that kind of knew it wasn’t right to do,
你知道,这些事情
you know, these kinds of things.
然后就没有发生了
And it stopped.
必须记住,在60年代的那种
Got to remember that in the sort of ’60’s.
“70年代和80年代是利物浦美好的年代
’70’s and ’80’s that Liverpool had an incredible time,
在音乐、足球方面
you know, in music, football, and I suppose in some ways,
我想在某程度上最后20年是曼彻斯特的时代
this last 20 years has been Manchester’s time.
石玫瑰乐队 绿洲乐队 曼联夺冠
The Stone Roses, Oasis. United winning the league.
但这两个城市有很多相似之处
But the two cities have got a lot of similarities.
人们的精神 斗志 诚实 以及正直
The spirit and fight, the honesty, the integrity of the people.
这就是民族性 不是吗
There’s tribalness to it.
为什么不应该有呢?
Why shouldn’t there be?
你在这里的首次进球是什么时候?
When was your first goal here?
加拉塔萨雷
Galatasaray.
是吗?
Was it?
哦,是的
Oh yeah.
是那个擦角进球吗?-是的
Was it that scuff into the corner? -Yeah.
擦得正确
Proper scuff.
斯科尔斯,你的是什么时候?
When was yours Scholsey?
试着去想
Trying to think.
你还记得你以前的比赛吗?
Do you remember you used to play at all?
你就这样忘记得一干二净吗?
Have you just completely forgotten already?
我记得在99年赛季,一月,利物浦
I remember ’99 season, January, Liverpool.
足总杯?
The FA cup?
在足总杯
In the FA cup.
我们当时不是落后一比零吗?
One nil down weren’t we with what…?
是的
Yeah.
…最后5分钟
…five minutes to go.
迈克尔为他们进了球,对吗?
Michael scored for them didn’t he?
迈克尔·欧文?
Michael Owen?
是的
Yeah.
这也是我的错
That’s was my fault as well.
他们来了个横传
They just got a cross in,
你记得吗?
You remember?
我没能及时把头伸过去挡
I just couldn’t get my head there in time.
你离开了…你走开了
You left… you left your run in.
我觉得你也是责怪我
I think you blamed me as well.
再一次
Again.
我总是记得我放弃的那些球
I always remember the goals I give away me.
虽然有那么多球,不是吗?
There was that many of them though as well wasn’t there.
我觉得那是该赛季最好气氛的比赛
I feel that was the best atmosphere of the season.
说句公道话-是的
To be fair. -Yeah.