当你走上楼梯时
And as you’re coming up the steps,
你看到的就是你头上的球场
all you can see is the stadium above you.
…曼联是第一支举起欧洲冠军杯的
Manchester United were the first English club
英格兰球队…
to lift the European cup,
…但没有一支英格兰球队 包括曼联…
but no Manchester United team,
…能赢得三冠王…
no English team has ever won this treble.
…今晚历史等待被改写…
History beckons tonight.
相比拜仁 现场曼联球迷
The amount of Man United fans that was there was phenomenal
人数惊人
compared to Munich,
他们占据了球场的四分之三
which took over three quarters of the ground.
你知道你是在一场大型比赛中
You knew you were in a massive game
然后你就会寻找你的家人
and then you just look for your family,
给他们挥挥手,然后就开始比赛了
give them a little wave and then it’s just game on then.
对我们来说就是这样
This is it for us.
我们要么成为曼联传奇
This is the moment where we either become Manchester United legends,
要么只赢得联赛和足总杯
or we just win the league and the FA cup.
比赛并不顺利 很显然从开场就不顺
But the game didn’t go great, obviously, with the start.
他们非常强大 经验非常丰富
And they were such a powerful team, such an experienced team.
你脑海里会一直这么想
Just thought, back of your mind is it one too many,
这场比赛是多余的吗?
you know to come back in this game.
我们已经付出了这么多
We’d done it so much have we…
我们的运气已经用完了吗?
have we run out of luck?
我们是否失去了一些东西?
Have we run out of something?
而在关键时刻…
And at the crucial point…
…曼联和往常一样…
And Manchester United as they’ve done,
…他们又一次在欧洲赛场…
time and time again on this
…让自己陷入困境…
European run have made it hard for themselves.
中场休息时,我记得教练坐下来
At half time, I remember the manager sitting down with us,
我可以告诉你,你知道吗?
and I could tell you know,
整个球队和球员都有些紧张
there was a few nerves throughout the team and players.
他跟我们说,想想如果你错失了
He told us just think how you would feel
那座欧洲冠军联赛奖杯你会有什么感觉?
if you had to walk past that Champions League trophy
你不能触摸它
and you couldn’t touch it,
不能拿起它
you couldn’t pick it up.
你知道赢的不是你
You know you hadn’t won it.
所以,如果你觉得累了
So, you know if you’re feeling tired,
或者觉得再跑不动了,就想想这个
or if you feel like you can’t run anymore, just think of that.
想想不得不错过它,不能拿起它
Just think of having to walk past it and you can’t pick it up,
你不能触摸它,你不能亲吻它
you can’t touch it, you can’t kiss it.
我唯一的担心是 在欧洲冠军联赛决赛的
The only doubts that I ever had were probably in the last half an hour
最后半小时
of the Champions League final.
因为拜仁慕尼黑一直有机会
Because Bayern Munich were still getting chances.
他们击中横梁 击中立柱
They were hitting the bar, they were hitting the post.
而我们踢得不好
And we weren’t playing well.
我们表现不好 奇迹不会眷顾我们了
Things weren’t happening for us.
我们无法传中
We weren’t getting our crosses in.
我无法套边
I wasn’t overlapping.
吉格斯无法带球突破
Gigsey wasn’t getting his dribbles in.
科尔和约克之间无法联♥系♥
We didn’t have the combinations between Yorke and Cole.
我们努力了一整个赛季
Things that we’d done all year…
这个瞬间
The moment…
没有任何希望
there was no momentum in the game.
突然间,在比赛还剩15分钟的时候
And all of a sudden with about 15 minutes to go,
贝克汉姆来到了右路
Becks came out to the right hand side.
我们改变了策略
We made a couple of changes.
泰迪上
Teddy came on.
奥莱(奥莱·索尔斯克亚)上
Ollie came on.
突然间,我想,我们开始了
And all of a sudden I thought, here we go.
基恩错过决赛 这是俱乐部的灾难
It was disaster for the club Roy Keane missing it.
也是基恩自己的灾难
Disaster for Roy Keane.
但也许是上帝想让尼基·巴特拯救球队
But maybe that was god’s way of saying, this is Nicky Butt’s moment.
如果人们对巴特的实力有任何怀疑
If people ever sort of doubted, how good a player Butty was,
这场比赛展现了他的所有能力
then that shows everything about the player,
他整个晚上坚若磐石
because he was just a rock that night.
他无所不在 我就在看台上
He was immense. I was there.
真是个好球员
What a guy.
戈顿人的骄傲
Gorton, there you go.
他为曼联踢球
He’s from Manchester.
他知道这意味着什么
He knows what it meant.
你知道我是什么意思
You know what I mean.
根本上来看
But if it goes back fundamentally to what it was about.
就是不断前进 不断进攻
It was about us keep driving for, keep attacking.
我们不断获得角球
We got corner after corner after corner and…
贝克汉姆将球送进禁区
and with people like Becks on the pitch to put balls in like that,
我们有进攻能力 也有空中优势
and the attacking power we had, and the aerial power we had.
唯一的问题是时间
You know it should only be a matter of time.
在弗格森爵士的带领下,曼联队总是能
Manchester United teams under Sir Alex Ferguson,
走到最后
always went to the end.
总是如此
Always.
因为我们总是觉得,进了一球后就总会再进另一球
Because we always felt, get one goal, we’ll always get another.
我们总是会有机会的
We’ll always get a chance.
…还有3分钟
Three minutes to go,
别慌张,我们有机会的
don’t panic, we always get a chance.
…3分钟补时 大卫·贝克汉姆…
Three added minutes. David Beckham.
…加里·内维尔…
Now Gary Neville.
…传中被挡出
Cross deflected.
埃芬博格 角球…
Out for a corner.
…曼联能进球吗…
Can Manchester United score?
…他们总能进球…
They always score.
我记得我冲到角球区
And I remember sprinting over to the corner
感觉良好
and I had a good feeling
因为我知道我在比赛中打得很好
because I knew that I’d been kind of playing pretty well in the game.
我记得我把球放下
And I remember putting the ball down,
在角球区真的很紧张
and it’s really tight in the corners.
我听到曼联球迷的声音
I could hear the United fans.
看到皮特·舒梅切尔
But I was just concentrating more on watching Peter Schmeichel
从本方球门跑过来
run up from his goal,
我知道,如果我传了一个不好的球
and knowing that as a kid, if I put a bad cross in,
而门将冲到对方禁区时
why we are warming the goal keepers up,
彼得肯定会杀了我们
Pete would absolutely kill us.
我在青年队就记得
I think those moments when I was a youth team player,
就是为了准备迎接这样的时刻
prepared me for moments like this.
…舒梅切尔冲上去了…
Schmeichel is forward.
…他能在欧洲赛场上再次进球吗…
Can he score another in Europe?
他之前进过一个
He’s got one in Europe already.
…找舒梅切尔
In towards Schmeichel.
到了德怀特·约克脚下…
It’s come for Dwight Yorke.
…解围
Cleared.
吉格斯一脚射门
Giggs with a shot.
谢林汉姆!
Sherringham!
接着我们回到比赛
So then we were back in the game.
大家都在庆祝
Everyone was celebrating.
每个人都觉得 要打加时赛了
Everyone was like, you know, we’ve got it to extra time.
我看着
I looked at the players
和我一起在球场上长大的球员
that I’d grown up with on the pitch at that time,
而我知道…
and I knew…
他们知道这还未结束
that they knew that it wasn’t over.
我在想 还有加时赛
I’m thinking shit we got extra time now,
我在想 还有加时赛
I’m thinking shit we got extra time now,
我最好还能跑的动
I better get my legs going again.
所以我马上冲回来,大约50码
So I’ve sprinted right back like about 50 yards,
想让血液重新充满大腿
trying to get some blood going through my legs.
当我们
As soon as…
打成平手时…
we equalised…
我的心态就转变了
my mindset just switched.
进入加时赛,我们将击败他们
Get this to extra time, we’re going to beat them.
这就是我的心态
That was my mindset straight away.
我们将在加时赛中击败他们
We’re going to beat them in extra time.
而在之后的一分半钟
And the next minute and a half,
我说不上发生了什么事
I couldn’t even tell you what happened.