但仍有一种独特能力
yet there was still a unique
团结一致胜过孤军奋战
capacity to be greater together than you were alone.
我想在我们眼中,我们只是在和伙伴们
I think in our eyes we were just playing a game of football
一起踢了一场比赛
with our mates.
我知道这听起来
I know it sounds a bit…
有点愚蠢,当你想,天啊你为曼联踢球
sounds a bit stupid when you think, god you play for Man United,
我们很幸运能在一起踢球
but, we were lucky enough to play well together,
同时又为世界上最大的球队效力
and at the same time are playing for the biggest club in the world.
我们彼此勉励
We bounced off each other.
我们是好友 一起出门 一起活动
We were all pals, we all went out socialised together.
我们甚至和太太团一起出门
We’d even go out with our girlfriends in groups.
我们只是…
We was just…
我们只是6个年轻人 享受着不可思议的生活
six young lads who were enjoying life like you couldn’t believe really.
这只是其中之一…就像一场梦
It was just one them… it was like a dream.
不管我们来自哪里
No matter where we were from.
不管我们是如何长大的
No matter how we were brought up.
无论我们在B队、A队预备队的日子里
No matter what we’d been through throughout B Team, A Team,
经历了什么
reserve team years,
我们都互相扶持
we all had each other’s back.
当你谈到兄弟时,我和我的兄弟
When you talk about brothers, me and my brother,
不仅如此,每个人都像兄弟一样
it wasn’t just that, everyone was like a brother.
无论你是在队伍中成长的
You know whether you’d grown up through the ranks,
还是被买♥♥来的队友
or it was a team mate that had been bought in,
你都要照顾他们
you really looked after one.
如果有人受伤,我们总是试着支持对方
If someone got hurt we always tried to make sure we got the person back,
通常是尼基做的
and it was usually Nicky that did.
(尼基·巴特)
我在戈顿长大
I grew up in Gorton,
那时候真的很快乐
which was a joy really.
我一直和伙伴一起 都是工人阶级孩子
I was always with all my mates, was a real working class place.
大家都互相照顾
You know everyone looked after each other.
无论你去哪里,门总是开着的
No matter where you went doors were always open.
巴特来自戈顿 我想这是他们拍摄《无♥耻♥之徒》的地方
Butty’s from Gorton and I think it’s where they filmed Shameless,
所以这让你对这个地区有了一点了解
so it gives you a bit of an idea of the area.
但显然,巴特为自己的出身感到自豪
But obviously Butty is proud of where he comes from.
他第一辆车是欧利文的
I think one of his first cars was an Orion.
我记得有次我坐上了它
I remember getting in it once.
我往下一看 发现有条粗链子
And I looked down, and there’s a chain about that thick.
“巴特,那是什么?”
‘Butty, what is that?’
他说,“不,不,在我住的地方
He went , ‘no, no, where I live,
你一定要有这个”
you’ve got to have one of these.’
他以前把它绕在换档杆上
And he used to wrap it round the gearstick,
绕在方向盘上
wrap it round the steering wheel,
这是最粗的链条…
and it was the thickest chain…
我很惊讶那辆车竟然能动
I’m surprised that the car could even move.
这就像一个锚,而且纯粹是为了安全
It was like an anchor, and it was purely for security.
他是个坚强的小伙子、聪明人
He was a tough lad, he was street wise
如果有任何麻烦
and if there was ever any trouble
你知道你可以看一下左右两边
then you knew you could just look to your right or left,
尼基就会在那里帮你解决
and Nicky would be there to sort it out.
我想他实际上也照顾过加里几次
I think, I think he looked after Gary a few times as well actually.
一路上有这样的人总是好的
Down tunnels, it’s always nice to have,
有几个小伙子在你身边,不是吗
you know, a couple of lads alongside you isn’t it.
巴特不是年纪最大的
He wasn’t the biggest Butty.
但他有…如何打动人心的技巧
But he had… the technique of how to get into people,
你知道我的意思
you know what I mean.
知道如何打动人的人
People know how to hit people.
尼基年轻的时候是队里最棒的
Nicky at youth level was the best player in the team.
拥有令人难以置信的气质 他可以在任何场地、任何级别的
He had an unbelievable temperament, he could play on any stage,
比赛中踢球,而且不受影响
any level, and not be phased.
我们开始觉得这太神奇了
We started thinking this is going to be magical,
可能是在足总杯之后
probably after the FA cup,
因为所有报导都是关于三冠王的
because all the hype was about the treble,
但我们从来没有真正提起它
but we never really mentioned it,
每个人心里其实都这么想
and everyone must have thought about it deep down,
但从来没有大声说出来
but never got, never come out vocally.
我们有个大问题,基恩和斯科尔斯
We had a big problem because Keane and Scholes
因为停赛将缺席欧冠决赛
were banned for the final of the European cup.
…斯科尔斯铲球…
Scholes tackle.
…他碰到了皮球…
Well he won the ball.
(尤文图斯对曼联 欧洲冠军联赛半决赛第二回合)
但裁判…哦,这是黄牌
But the ref… Oh it’s a yellow card.
如果曼联晋级决赛,他将错过决赛
And he’ll miss the final if United get there.
从那时起
I knew from that point
我知道我将无缘欧冠决赛
I wasn’t going to be available for the Champions League final
就是这样
and that was that.
我无能为力
Nothing I could do about it.
你知道我的意思
Do you know what I mean.
显然,你当时很失望
Obviously you’re disappointed at the time,
在更衣室里也有点失望
a little bit disappointed in the dressing room,
但最重要的是我们进入决赛
but the most important thing was that we got there.
(18号♥保罗斯科尔斯缺席下一场比赛)
我觉得最大的遗憾是基恩错过决赛
I think the biggest disappointment was Roy missing it,
他在半决赛里表现如此出色
because he had been so good in that semi final that,
没有基恩 才是我们最大的挑战
he was going to be major problem for us really, not having Roy.
每个球员都梦想参加欧洲冠军联赛
他们梦想参加欧冠
梦想参加决赛
因为进入决赛非常困难
赢得奖杯就像是蛋糕上的小樱桃
我们需要有人…
We needed someone…
我们需要有人站出来迎战拜仁慕尼黑
we need someone that was willing to take the fight to Bayern Munich,
尼基·巴特是完美的人选
and in Nicky Butt we had the perfect person.
他毫不畏惧
He’s fearless.
你要上场打仗 你会带上他的
You know you go to war you take Nicky Butt with you.
主教练告诉他 忘记足总杯决赛
You know the manager told him, forget the FA cup final.
忘了它吧
Forget it.
你要参加欧洲冠军联赛的决赛
You’re playing in the Champions League final.
你知道我不能冒这个险
You know I can’t risk it.
我当时心烦意乱,我在想…
I was distraught, I was thinking…
我完蛋了
I was devastated.
我在想,好吧
I was thinking well,
我只是对教练说,这可是足总杯啊
I was just saying to the manager well it’s the FA cup,
但我知道最终…
but I knew ultimately the end…
最后的收获对我来说是丰富的
the reward at the end was massive for myself.
还有球队
And the club.
你知道,他是球队中
He’s the, you know, the only real proper centre
他是队里真正合适的中前卫
mid fielder in the team.
所以他也有很大压力
So there was a big of pressure on him as well,
而且是对阵一支非常优秀的球队
and it was against a very good team.
他们该展示自己了
They’re showing their character now.
自从在杯赛中击败利物浦后
The team spirit has been fantastic
团队精神非常好
since beating Liverpool in the cup tie.
这是永不屈服、团队精神和
Sort of a focused on the essential of never giving in and team spirit,
决心的本质
and determination.
我完全是自暴自弃
I was completely on my arse,
我不得不卖♥♥掉我的兰美达
and I had to sell my Lambretta.
我最值钱的东西就是兰美达踏板车了
My most prized possession is my Lambretta scooter,
我周一卖♥♥掉 周三就比赛了
and I sold it on the Monday, the game was on the Wednesday.
然后预定了一周在萨鲁的假期
And then booked us on a week’s holiday to Salou,
换了400镑买♥♥张票
and then give 400 quid each for a ticket, I was like…
挤进人群
the crowd we were in…
这非常值得
And it was any means necessary, you know.
(1998/99年赛季)
(1999年5月26日)
(欧洲冠军联赛决赛)
(曼联 vs 拜仁慕尼黑)
诺坎普是标志性足球场
The Nou Camp is one of the iconic venues.
不豪华 但真的历史悠久
It wasn’t plush, it was pretty old really.
进入球员通道 四周就是混凝土墙壁
You go down the tunnel it was bare concrete walls.
右手面有个小房♥间
On the right hand side there’s a little room,
就像是你去祈祷的小教堂
it’s like a little chapel where you go in and pray.
在你即将被杀之前
Before you’re going out to get killed,
你得先去做个祈祷
you’ve got to go and say a prayer first type thing,
然后你就来到了隧♥道♥的底部
and then you come to the bottom of the tunnel,
然后一步步走上诺坎普
and at the Nou Camp the steps go up.