回到他的蝙蝠洞,在他的房♥间里
Goes back in his bat cave, in his room,
他喜欢酒胶糖 听歌♥ 巧克力豆
his packet of wine gums, his Minstrels, his M&Ms,
那些东西
whatever he has,
看他的电视
watches his telly.
下次你见到他时
And the next time you see him,
如果你去他的房♥间
if you go round to his room,
进去房♥里面
and you’d go in his room,
这很有趣
and it was funny because
因为无论你在什么时候进入保罗斯科尔斯的房♥间
whatever time of day you’d go into Paul Scholes’ room,
都会是漆黑一片的
it’d be pitch black.
窗帘会被关上
The curtains would be closed.
他会躺在床上
He’d be in bed,
穿着短裤
with his shorts on,
黑漆漆的,开着电视
pitch black with the telly on.
我很欣赏他踢球 但我更欣赏他的人格
他在场外没有任何新闻
他在场上表现卓越 但比赛结束就见不到了
但我想对我来说,斯科尔斯,我喜欢这样
But I suppose for me, Scholsey, I loved that,
这太浪漫了
it’s just very romantic
他不关心场外的一切
that idea of a guy who doesn’t really care about all this, not so much.
真的没有这些烦恼
Not really bothered about all that really.
只想踢比赛,继续过正常的生活
Just wants to play the game, get on with and live a normal life.
我想很多人都理解
I think a lot of us relate to that you know.
人们要求我接受采访…
People ask me to do interviews and…
我没有必要接受采访,对我来说这没有必要
I don’t have to do them, to me it’s just not necessary.
我所想做的就是踢足球
All I wanted to do was play football
我也从来没有意识到这些会随之而来
and I never realised that all that side came with it really.
看他跑到空当 没有比这更漂亮的了
There is nothing more beautiful than seeing him arrive in that hole,
所有人都在禁区里瞎忙活 禁区外有个大空当
everybody is faffing about in the penalty area, there’s a big hole,
就在禁区外面
outside the penalty area, outside the penalty box,
他就跑到那里
and there he is arriving.
回传给斯科尔斯!
Back for Scholes.
这是最伟大的瞬间之一
That’s one of the kind of great moments in life,
保罗·斯科尔斯打进如此精彩的进球
I think, seeing Paul Scholes arise for a screamer.
我发现最好的方法
The best way that I found it was
是尽量让事情简单…
to try and keep things as simple as you…
尽可能的简单
as they possibly could be.
我认为当你开始尝试做一些…
I think the minute you start trying to do things you can’t…
你不擅长的事情,比如…
you’re not good at, like…
如果我开始尝试带球 过人
say if I went started trying dribbling, trying to beat people,
那是浪费时间
it’d be a waste of time.
如果你了解斯科尔斯 你就不会背对着他
I mean if you know Scholsey, you just don’t turn your back on him.
你知道,当我们训练时
You know you go and train,
我们会在球场上 如果你需要小便或什么的
we’d be on a field and if you needed a piss or something,
你会到灌木丛中去
you’d go over in the bushes.
但你永远不会背对着
But you’d never turn your back.
我的意思是,作为年轻球员时我学会了
I mean you learnt that as a young player,
你永远不会背对着人,因为你会…
you never turn your back, so you’d be…
你知道你会被…
you know you’d be…
我总是试图打别人的后脑勺
I always try and hit someone on the back of the head.
不是故意的…
Not intentionally…
好吧,有一点是故意的,瞄准他们
well, a little bit intentionally, just aim for them
如果他们没有在留意
if they weren’t quite watching.
你会走过去,然后…
You’d go over and…
斯科尔斯会向他们扔球
Scholsey would just be peppering balls at them.
偶尔他也会特意打中你 其实很多时候都是这样
And now and again he’d obviously hit you, more often than not actually.
所以,如果你新来,或者是外国球员
So, if you were new, or if you were a foreign player,
你不认识斯科尔斯
and you didn’t know Scholsey,
你很快就会知道
you soon got to know,
如果要小便,就不要背对着人
if you’re going to have a piss then don’t turn your back.
有天我抓到菲尔·内维尔和个美女一起
One day I did catch Phil Neville with a beauty actually,
那是在60码外
it was about 60 yards away,
在球场的另一边,而我…
right on the other side of the pitch, and I…
我以为他训练完正在跑步
I think he was doing a bit of extra running after training.
几个年轻人坐在那里
A few of the lads were sat down.
我就抡起一脚 正中他的脑袋
I’ve smacked a ball and it’s just hit him full on the head
他就倒下吃草皮了
and he’s gone down eating grass and everything.
我们都笑趴下了
We just on the floor pissing ourselves,
他完全不知道是谁干的
and he didn’t have a clue which one of us it was.
这是最有意思的事情之一
It was one of them perfect moments.
就像我说的 我真的把这当做传球练习
But like I say I just saw that as a bit of passing practice really.
足总杯决赛对我来说
The FA cup final to me,
可能对你们来说也是如此
and probably to you lot as well, growing up as a kid it’s…
是我们从小一直向往的事
it’s something you look forward to.
温布利的双子塔…
The twin towers at Wembley the…
整整一天
just the full day,
我想,从早上九点起床
I think, getting up from nine o’clock in the morning,
无论谁在里面比赛
whoever is playing in it,
对我来说都是足球年度中最重要的一天
it was just the biggest day of the football year for me.
作为孩子,我眼中最大的事情就是
It was the biggest thing in my eyes as a kid
足总杯决赛
was the FA cup final,
想到能够参与其中的一个或几个决赛
and trying to think about being able to be involved in one,
小时候你可能不放在心里
or a couple of them, was just something you laugh about as a kid.
如果你告诉老师你要去参加决赛
If you told your teacher you were going to do that
他肯定会笑得前仰后合
he’d probably piss himself laughing at you.
…足总杯决赛是国内的…
The FA cup final is the time honoured finale
最后一场比赛
to the domestic season.
(1998/99年赛季)
(温布利球场,1999年5月26日(应为22日))
(足总杯决赛 曼联 vs 纽卡斯尔)
…如果曼联夺冠就是双冠王…
But if Manchester United can complete the English double here today,
…再拿欧冠就是三冠王…
a European treble, a unique treble falls within their compass…
足总杯决赛在周六 我们希望一切顺利
So the FA cup final comes on the Saturday, and we just want peace.
我们面对纽卡 希望能踢得轻松
Playing against Newcastle, and you just want a comfortable game.
但足总杯决赛从不轻松
You never get that in the FA cup final, it’s always nervy,
总是很紧张
it’s always tense.
但我们还是轻松拿下了
But we got a comfortable game.
我们在上半场踢得非常好
We played really well in the first half.
第20分钟我们失去了基恩
We lost Keaney after about 20 minutes,
这是个打击
which was a blow.
然后泰迪(泰迪·谢林汉姆)上场
Then Teddy came on.
即使情况不顺 我们遇到了麻烦
Even in adversity, things that went wrong for us,
但最后还是好转了 因为那家伙得分了
ended up being a positive, because the lad that came on scored.
斯科尔斯
Scholes.
谢林汉姆 太漂亮了!
That’s perfect for Sherringham!
…替补上场立刻进球…
The substitute scores instantly!
…保罗·斯科尔斯…虽然他遗憾错过欧冠决赛…
And Paul Scholes had every part to play in Barcelona sadly
…但他完美策划了这个进球…
played a big part in that goal!
斯科尔斯一贯这么优秀
And Scholsey manages to do what he normally does.
在大场面里打进伟大的进球
Scores big goals on big occasions.
不只是参与 更在足总杯决赛中进球
Not just to play in one, but to score in a FA cup final was…
对我来说 这是最棒的事情了
to me it’s the best thing I’ve done.
…谢林汉姆…斯科尔斯…2比0
Sherringham. Scholes. It’s two.
我认为,就像斯科尔斯一样
I think, again, like Scholsey,
这个进球贴着草皮 都可以躲过雷达
it sort of goes under the radar that goal.
他一定非常开心
Part of me thinks that he was happy
因为那球是夹在两场大赛之间
that it was sandwiched in between two of the biggest games.
他射进了决胜的一球
He scored the winning goal.
一般来说 如果你在决赛打进制胜球
Not only have you scored the winning goal in the cup final,
你一定会上报纸头版
your face is on the front page of the newspapers,
整个夏天都会出镜
and you’re shown all summer.
会在开始7天和后面3天的
And it just got lost in the euphoria
狂欢中消失
of the previous seven days and the next three days.
可以这么总结斯科尔斯的性格 他不想被打扰
And it sums up Scholsey’s character in a way because he wasn’t bothered,
这家伙在足总杯决赛打进制胜球
and this was the lad that just scored the winning goal FA cup final.
回到家里
Go home.
和他的孩子一起玩
Play with his kids.
喝杯啤酒
Have a beer.
故事结束
End of story.
这个时代确实代表了一件事
One thing that the times did represent,
某程度上,这些人所代表的
and in a way those individuals represented,
是一种理解
was an understanding
虽然我们生活在更为个人主义的年代
that although we lived in more individualistic times,