They’re sat in their seats, they’ve done me over.
你坐在门将旁边 对吧?
You’re sat next to the keeper aren’t you Gaz?
在这里
Here.
(1998/99年赛季)
(老特拉福德球场,1999年5月16日)
(英超联赛最后一轮)
(曼联 vs 托特纳姆热刺)
接下来的两周
What’s going to happen over the next two weeks,
如果我们成功的话
if we’re successful,
可能是球队历史上
could be the most momentous ten days,
最重要的十天
you know, in the club’s history.
也许对任何英格兰球队的历史也是如此
Maybe in any English teams history as well, you know,
因为有联赛 足总杯和欧冠
because the Champions League, the FA Cup, the Championship.
等待我们去赢取
It’s there for us.
是的,与托特纳姆热刺的比赛 这是3场决战的第1场
Yeah, with the Tottenham game it was the first game of three cup finals,
就是这样…十天的赛事
that’s how we… it’s ten days,
赢下三场比赛,创造历史
three games, win them, history.
这听起来很简单,但这就是事实
It’s… you know, sounds simple, but that’s what it was really.
我们必须击败托特纳姆热刺
The fact that we had to beat Tottenham,
相比其他队友来说 击败热刺对我意义更为重大
kind of meant more to me than probably most of the other lads.
三冠中的首冠 联赛冠军近在眼前
The League Title their starter for three is within reach.
曼彻斯特联离冠军仅一步之遥
Manchester United have put themselves within touching distance,
托特纳姆热刺能帮阿森纳一把吗?
can Tottenham Hotspur of all people open the door for Arsenal?
半场结束前我本可以进3到5个球
Up to half time I could have scored three, four, five goals,
机会太多了 可是都浪费了
I had that many chances and you know, blew it.
曼联的强大之处就在于能力挽狂澜
Of course, United being United had to do it the hard way.
0比1落后
Go one nil down.
剧本不是这样的 怎么回事?
You know that’s not in the script, you know, what’s going on.
我有个好机会 但是打高了
I had a great chance with my head and skied it.
你会突然想 今天不属于我们
And all of a sudden you kind of think it’s not going to be our day,
我们要在最后一轮输掉冠军了
we’re going to blow it on the last game of the season.
你只好等待英雄出现
And then you just look for heroes.
热刺似乎激发了最棒的小贝
Tottenham seemed to bring out the best in Becks.
他过去总是能踢进很多好球
He used to always score great goals.
无论在世界哪个体育场 当球到了他手里
Whatever stadium you are in the world, when the ball comes to him,
因为他一直刻苦训练
you know because he’s practiced so hard throughout his career,
他能保证发挥同样的水准
he’s going to produce that same technique, same quality.
…吉格斯传给斯科尔斯…
Giggs to Scholes.
…再传给贝克汉姆…
Scholes to Beckham.
球进了!
It’s in.
1比1!
It’s one one.
大卫·贝克汉姆!
It’s David Beckham.
这是出色的入球,卓越的技术
It was a great goal, great technique, everything
这就是大卫的意义!
what David was about really.
贝克汉姆的有些进球并没有得到赞扬
Becks, doesn’t get the credit for some of the goals he scored.
在足总杯半决赛他被忽视了
He got robbed in the FA cup semi final
因为我进了那球
because I scored the goal,
每个人都忘记了他的入球
everyone forgets about his goal,
他在25码处攻破大卫希曼的球门
his 25 yard bending it past David Seaman.
对热刺那个球
The Tottenham goal was just…
只有贝克汉姆能射进
Only Becks can score it.
线路就像甩鞭子 不可思议
It’s like a whip ping, it’s just a ridiculous goal.
然后你就进球了
Then you scored.
是的
Yeah.
就在半场结束前
Just before half time.
然后一切都变的截然不同
And then it just sort of lifted everything.
我也错过了很多机会
I missed a load of chances as well.
我们有过很多机会,不是吗?
We had so many chances didn’t we?
我大概有四到五次机会
I had about four or five chances.
你有吗?-很好的机会,是的
Did you? -Great chances, yeah.
我记得那场比赛的中场休息时我有点煎熬
I got a bit of a roasting at half time I remember for that game.
你想在这里获得多少机会得分?
How many chances do you want to score here?
我们没有什么好办法
Nothing was going right for us.
斯科尔斯显然有一些机会
Scholsey obviously had a few chances.
这在以前从未发生过…
It never happened before…
在老特拉福德赢得冠军
that we’d actually won it here at Old Trafford.
是你策划的进球吗 加里?
Did you set the goal up Gaz?
是的
Yeah.
对 左脚过顶长传 妙极了
A left foot hoik, it was a wonderful hoik.
这个球路他肯定练过
It was a cultured pass into his path…
那是什么?
What’s that?
我想
I thought.
左脚过顶长传找到了科尔 他进球了
My left foot hoik down the channel to Coley that he scored from.
是的,那是个大长传,不是吗?
Yeah it was a big long ball wasn’t it.
运气不错
A fluke.
如果是斯科尔斯或贝克汉姆传的那脚球
If Scholsey and Beckham had got that pass,
说实话,这将会成为人们谈论的话题
honestly it would have been talked about for ever more.
你需要吃大餐…
You need a big dinner…
而事实上,我在传球前没有看
And the fact I hadn’t looked before I played it.
那是一个漂亮的传球
It was a wonderful pass.
就像普拉蒂尼
I was Platini.
就这么吊进禁区 然后科尔再吊进大门
It was just a hoof down the channel, and Cole had just dinked it over.
2比1 你会觉得 这下有了
And then, it’s two one, and you’re thinking, right we’re at it.
但是,我们在接近尾声时还在坚持…
But then we were hanging on towards the end because we just…
因为我们仍然需要赢
we still needed to win.
我记得当哨声响起时,我正站在中圈
And I remember being in the centre circle when the whistle went,
我跪在地上
I fell to my knees
双臂高举
and kind of held my arms in the air,
我转过身来,巴特走过来…
and I turned around and Butty literally comes along lifts…
抓着我的衣领 忘情庆祝
grabs me by the shirt, lifts me up and we celebrate.
这些是特别的时刻
Those are the special moments
我知道我的祖父会对我说脏话
that I know my granddad would have been kind of swearing at me,
但也会为我赢得联赛
but then also kind of really happy at the fact
而感到非常高兴
that I was going to win a league.
我想他会更加高兴
And I think he’d have been even more happier
因为要么是我们赢得联赛
because it’ll either be us winning the league,
或者阿森纳赢得联赛
or Arsenal winning the league.
而作为热刺球迷
And as a Tottenham fan,
他对曼联赢得联赛感到高兴
he was happy that Man United was winning the league.
我是说,随着贝克汉姆入球
I mean with Becks scoring that goal,
世界杯的悲剧持续了一个赛季
it was the full turn around really from the start of the season,
在这一刻都完全逆转了
all the world cup carry on,
就像是个反击
the backlash from that.
一个辉煌的赛季
Having a brilliant season.
他用进球决定了联赛冠军
And finishing it with such an important goal in the league decider.
一个冠军到手 还有两个要争取
And you know, one ticked off the list, two to go.
(保罗斯科尔斯)
我是在米德尔顿一个叫兰利的地方长大的…
I grew up on a place called Langley in Middleton it’s…
我是在米德尔顿一个叫兰利的地方长大的…
I grew up on a place called Langley in Middleton it’s…
那是一个议会区,荒凉的区域
just a council estate really, a rough area.
我不认为那是荒凉的地区
I didn’t think it was a rough area.
外面的人可能会这样认为
People from outside probably do,
我认为这不是最美好的地方
but it wasn’t the nicest of places I don’t suppose,
但这是我长大的地方
but it’s where I grew up and I…
我喜欢它
I enjoyed it.
我们有一个广场
We had like a square,
街道的尽头还有一个大栅栏
at the end of our street, and a big fence,
我就整天拿着球对着它踢,然后…
I would just booting a ball against that all day and…
然后,邻居们试图禁止我
Then the neighbours tried to ban me.
试图阻止我踢球…
Tried to stop me playing and…
我想我爸爸以及隔壁的邻居
I think there was always arguments with my dad and the next door
总是为阻止我踢球而争论不休
neighbour about stopping me from playing.
然后就有了一个“禁止踢球”的标志
Then you get the No Ball Games sign, don’t you.
他们不允许你踢球了 你只能离开
You’re not allowed to play anymore, you have to go off,
到允许你踢球的地方去
try and play football wherever you can.
很难形容斯科尔斯
He’s hard to explain, Scholsey, because…
因为他好像有3到4个形象
there’s probably three or four different sides to him.
他的性格总是很安静
As a character he was always quiet,
缺乏幽默感 两点式生活
but you know with this dry sense of humour, and one liners.
训练结束后就直接回家
Finished training, straight off home.
你知道我们会开玩笑…
You know we would joke…
斯科尔斯去哪了?
where’s Scholsey gone?
甚至没有看到他离开
Didn’t even see him leave.