我看得出…
and I could see they…
他们根本不知道我是谁
they hadn’t the faintest idea frankly who I was,
我真的不确定他们能否在地图上
I’m not really sure they could have pointed to
指出英国的位置
where Britain was on the map.
所以最后,无奈之下
And so finally, in desperation,
我说出了大卫贝克汉姆这个名
I uttered the words David Beckham,
然后认同感瞬间就爆发了
and then there was immediate ripple of recognition,
然后你就离开了
and then you were away.
就这样建立了纽带
A point of connection was established.
贝克汉姆对这一点一直都不介意
Becks had always been comfortable with that.
从一开始,我不太适应
Right from the start really where I wasn’t as comfortable with it.
我觉得这影响了我的足球
And I felt that it was affecting my football.
贝克汉姆以一种不影响足球活动的方式进行
Becks did it in a way that it didn’t affect his football.
幸运的是,他们没有打扰我
And luckily for me, sort of they left me alone,
然后贝克汉姆就把它带到另一层次
and then Becks sort of took it on to the next level.
我想,他怎么可能应付得了这个
I thought, how could he cope with this.
而他总是这样做
And he always did.
他总是这样做,而你作为朋友总会担心…
He always did, and you were always worried as a friend, that…
这事什么时候会有影响
when would this have an impact.
我们踢得非常出色
We played really well.
我们踢得很好
We were playing great.
我真的被他从背后侵犯了
And I remember being absolutely hit from behind.
我反应过度
I over reacted…
就把我的腿抡了起来
just kind of swung my leg up,
嗯…以一种愚蠢的方式
um…in… in a stupid way.
我刚一伸腿 我就知道我要下场了
As soon as I’d done that, I knew that I was off.
我知道我犯下了大错
I knew that I’d made a huge mistake.
哦,红牌
Oh it’s red.
哦,不
Oh no.
当时我并没有意识到之后会发生什么
At the time I didn’t realise what would come after that.
我从未想过我将要经历我经历过的一切
I never thought that I would have to go through what I went through.
我记得当时坐在更衣室里
And remember being sat in the changing room,
里面显然没有人
no one was obviously in there.
所有球员都进来了我意识到我们被淘汰了
All the players came in and I realised that we were knocked out.
没有一个球员对我说过一句话
None of the players said a word to me.
唯一和我说话的人是加里、斯科尔斯…
The only people that spoke to me was Gary, Scholsey…
你知道曼联的球员
you know the United players.
接着托尼·亚当斯过来拥抱了我
And then Tony Adams came up to me and put his arm round me.
他说:“孩子,你知道吗每个人都会犯错,忘记它吧”
He said, ‘do you know what son, everyone makes mistakes, forget it.’
他说:“孩子,你知道吗每个人都会犯错,忘记它吧”
He said, ‘do you know what son, everyone makes mistakes, forget it.’
我记得我走出去看到我的父母站在那里
I remember walking out and seeing my mum and dad stood there.
我当时21岁,我想是21、22岁
And I was 21, I think at that time, 21, 22.
我记得我真的扑向爸爸的怀里
And I remember literally falling into my dad’s arms just…
我已经很多年没有那样抽泣过了
and I haven’t sobbed like that for years.
我不知道,我的情绪完全发泄了出来
But I don’t know, my emotions just got the best of me.
我不知道,我的情绪完全发泄了出来
But I don’t know, my emotions just got the best of me.
老板打电♥话♥给我,他说
The boss called me and he said,
“别担心,一切都结束了,你会回来的
‘don’t worry son, it’s over, you’ll come back,
你是曼联球员
you’re a Manchester United player,
我们会照顾你的
we’ll look after you,
每个人都在支持你
everyone’s supporting you,
不用担心
don’t even worry about anything.
去放几个星期假
Go away have a few weeks holiday,
休息一下
get some rest,
但当你从曼联回来后
but when you come back from Manchester United,
你知道大家都很支持你”
you know you’ve got the support of everyone.’
(十个狮子般的英雄一个愚蠢的男孩)
大卫是首个英格兰球员
David was the first England player
因别人在球场上犯的错
to receive that level of abuse
而受到这种程度的辱骂
for a mistake that someone had made on a football field.
这很恶心、卑鄙,近乎是一种罪
It was sickening, it was vile, it was bordering on criminal,
他不得不忍♥受一些事情
some of the things that he had to put up with.
我收到了不少死亡威胁
I had quite a few death threats.
我收到经邮局送来的子弹
I had bullets through the post… delivered,
上面没有地址,只是亲手送至我的信箱
no address on them just hand delivered through my letterbox.
两年后的2000年 我弟弟也收到了
It happened to my brother in 2000, two years later,
他在对罗马尼亚的比赛里送了一粒点球
my brother gives away the penalty against Romania…
很多人对我谩骂
I got absolutely abused.
在公共场合 在媒体上谩骂
Abused publicly, abused in the media.
然后…我发现这真的很困难
And… I found it really difficult.
有一天,我老婆下班回家
My wife came home from work one day,
大门着火了,门上有一面英格兰国旗
the gates were on fire with an England flag on the gates.
(轮到菲尔被骂了)
你带老婆出去吃一顿浪漫晚餐
You take your wife out for a romantic meal,
吃饭前去了趟厕所
and you go to the toilet before the meal,
而你被威胁说
and you get threatened
要让你家停电
to have your lights punched out,
出去后,你不得不带老婆回家
and then you go out and you have to take your wife home.
曾有记者转向对我的祖父说:
Had journalists turning to my granddad, turning round and saying,
“你知道你的孙子做了什么吗?”
‘do you realise… what your grandson has done?’
你知道对我来说,听到这句话
You know for me to have heard that, that was…
这让我感觉比任何事情都糟糕
that made me feel worse than anything else.
跟你说实话
To be honest with you,
我所遭受的是他所经历的百分之十
what I suffered was ten percent of what he went through.
这对我影响很大
It affected me so much,
它打击了我的自信
it knocked my confidence,
我需要在生活中找回对足球的
I needed to get some kind of happiness
某种快乐
for football back in my life.
所以我开始在比赛前祈祷
So I started pray before matches.
我祈祷我能让我的妻儿、父母
I prayed that I’d make my wife, my children, my mum and my dad,
兄弟姐妹
my sister, my brother proud of
为他们在球场上看到的我感到骄傲
what they were seeing from me out on the pitch,
这就是我所做的一切
and that’s all I did.
在我余下的职业生涯中我每星期都会这样祈祷
I said the same prayer every week for the rest of my career.
他对贝克汉姆也是同样的态度
And he had the same attitude with Beckham,
当贝克汉姆被英格兰唾弃时
when he was sent off with England, with me when I was…
我在对水晶宫的比赛里被罚下
sent off in Crystal Palace,
球队也是同样的态度
and the club had the same attitude.
这次我为法国队效力
I played for France this time.
曼联给我提供一份合约
Manchester United asked me to sign a contract.
而我被禁赛了九个月
And I was banned for nine months.
在法国 完全是负面的态度
In France, completely opposite attitude.
回到曼联 一切都好像…
Back at Manchester United, training, everything.
当你训练时 当你在曼联时
When you’re at the training ground, when you’re in Manchester United,
当事情…
when things…
俱乐部外发生的事情都好像被隔开了
When things happen outside the club, it’s like everything just closes.
没有什么可以进入
You know nothing gets in.
没有什么能出去
Nothing gets out.
教练保护着你
The manager protects you.
你什么时候允许贝克汉姆先生
When did you allow Mr Beckham
谈论世界杯上的事情?
to talk about the incident during the world cup?
嗯,他不需要谈论任何事情
Well he doesn’t need to talk about anything.
他是一名曼联球员
He’s a Manchester United player.
他可以谈论曼联
He can talk about Manchester United.
在法国
我们说这是幸运的灾难
Sometimes it happens, something bad to you, but you use it.
而你所采取的方式
And the way you will take, it will be even better
将比没有发生时的方式
than the way you will have taken…
还要好
if it didn’t happen.
哦,有新球衣了
Oh the new kit’s out.
悲哀的一天
Sad day.
不是悲哀的日子
Not a sad day.
那是新球衣吗?
Is that the new kit?
哦,斯科尔斯
Oh Scholsey.
多久没来过这里了?
First time not been in here for how long?
20年了
20 years.
吉格斯还在那里
Giggs is still there though.
阿什利·杨
Ashley Young’s.
我应该坐在我以前的位置吗?
Should I sit where I used to sit?
你坐在你的座位上了吗?
Are you sat in your seats?
是的-坐在我的座位上,是的
Yeah. -Sat in my seat yeah.
他们坐在自己的位置上对我拳打脚踢