一个伦敦人,比我们更了解曼联
a Cockney lad, knowing more about United than we did.
有点惭愧
A bit embarrassing.
弗格森爵士会给我父母家里打电♥话♥
Sir Alex Ferguson would just call my mum and dad’s house,
我妈妈接电♥话♥时
and my mum would answer
会用浓重的苏格兰口音说
and it would be this strong Scottish accent saying you know,
“贝克汉姆妈妈,我是亚历克斯弗格森”然后我妈妈就会…
‘Mrs Beckham, it’s Alex Ferguson,’ and my mum would be like…
而我爸爸会说:“不可能”
and to my dad, you know, my dad would be like, ‘no way.’
我爸爸会接过电♥话♥
So my dad would come on the phone and,
他只是聊一聊,说:
he’d just have a chat, say,
“你知道大卫怎么样了吗?”
‘you know how’s David doing?’
“他上周末表现如何?”
‘How did he do last weekend?’
大多数时候,我爸爸会说
And most of the time my dad would say,
“他做得不错,但可以做得更好”
‘he did alright, but he can do better.’
我爸爸就是这样的
Because that’s what my dad did.
布鲁斯和罗布森取笑他
And Brucey and Robbo would just take the mick out of him.
“他一定是个了不起的球员
‘Flipping heck, he must be some player,
他在曼联的更衣室里做什么?”
what’s he doing in Man United’s dressing room?’
我到更衣室去
I’d go in the changing room,
我会帮诺曼捡起脏裤子
and I’d help Norman pick up the dirty pants,
脏袜子
the dirty socks,
脏短裤…我很喜欢这样
the dirty shorts from the… I was loving it.
你知道那是曼联,曼联的球员
You know it was Man United, Man United players,
把他们的内♥裤♥掉在地上
just kind of dropping their underwear on the floor,
我捡起它
and I was grabbing it,
放进箱子里
putting it in the box.
我真的很喜欢他他对每个人都一视同仁
从球会主席,到装备管♥理♥员♥
从球会主席,到装备管♥理♥员♥
他都以同样方式对待他们
他关心每一个人
这些都是他的价值观
而你不会想家吗?
And won’t you miss home?
我可能会有点想家
I probably will miss it a little bit,
但我会做我想做的事,所以…
but I’ll be doing what I want to do, so…
我一直钦佩大卫的心理质素
What I’ve always admired about David is his mental toughness,
他非常杰出
he’s phenomenal.
我的意思是,你可以说
I mean you can say,
不了解他的人说任何他们想说的话
people can say whatever they want about him who don’t know him,
但心理质素方面
but mental toughness,
他和你所见过的任何人一样坚强
he’s as tough as anybody you’ll ever ever ever meet.
我们都得到了本♥田♥的汽车优♥惠♥
We all got given car deals with Honda.
所以我们都有本♥田♥汽车
So we all had these Honda Preludes.
我为那辆车等了好几个月,等了好多年
I’d waited for so many months for that car, so many years.
所有球员都比我更早有他们的车
You know, all the players had had their car before me,
而我真的是
and I was literally,
我想,你必须打21场比赛
I think, you had to play 21 games,
而我打了18或19场
and I was like on 18, or 19
在6或8个月之内
for like six or eight months,
这让我很痛苦
which was killing me.
因为我是如此接近
Because I was so close.
我去了本♥田♥公♥司♥
I went down to Honda,
订购了我的车
ordered my car,
我带着我的汽车出来
you know, came out with my Prelude,
我对它非常满意
I was so happy with it.
贝克汉姆有辆黑色车
Becks had a black one.
他额外支付了真皮座椅
He paid extra for leather seats.
我用了足总杯奖金
I used my FA cup bonus.
我用了我的每一分钱
I used every… every penny that I had.
他额外付钱买♥♥了这些特殊合金
He paid extra for these special alloys.
而那经销商,他对我说
And the dealer, he said to me,
他说:“你知道一年后你必须把这辆车还给我吗?”
he said, ‘you know that you have to give this car back after a year?’
我说:“是的,没问题”
And I was saying, ‘yeah, yeah, it’ll be fine.’
我们只是互相使用对方的车
We’d just use each other’s cars.
每天我们都会使用贝克汉姆的车
Every day we would use Becks’
因为他有真皮座椅
because he had these leather seats.
然后他就会发疯
And he would go mad.
因为我们穿着球靴
Because we’d got our football boots on,
所以我们弄脏了他的车
so we’re dirtying his car.
他说:“大家,无论如何都不要刮花皮革”
And he’s, ‘lads, lads, don’t scuff the leather whatever you do.’
我真的不记得说过这句话
I can’t actually remember saying it.
可是…
But…
它听起来像是我说的东西
it sounds like something that I would say.
他一说完这句话,每天
As soon as he said that, every day,
我们都会站在他的车外 贝克汉姆你准备好了吗?
we would stand outside his car, are you ready Beck’s?
我们准备好,可以出发了
We’re ready to go over.
他不得不开车过来
And he would have to drive over,
我们会毁了他的座位…
and we would just ruin his seats…
毁掉,用脚…
just ruin, you know, put a foot…
我们的鞋钉在座位上
our studs over the seats.
最后,车子被划伤了
It got nicked in the end, the car.
但在我买♥♥车时,它看起来很棒
But it looked great while I had it.
他对温布尔登的进球
The goal he scored against Wimbledon,
他每天都在训练中练习这个动作
he practiced that in training every single day.
每日如是
Every single day he’d do that.
就是在中线上猛踢
Just booting balls from the half way line.
我称之为猛踢,他从中线向球门方向
I call it booting, he was striking them from the half way line,
踢球
towards the goal.
猛踢是不可思议的
Striking the ball was incredible.
那场比赛我受伤了
I was injured that game.
那场比赛我受伤了
I was injured that game.
我的朋友说:“贝克汉姆刚刚从中线上入球了
One of my mates said, ‘Becks has just scored from the half way line.’
所以我在想,稍微有点夸张
So I’m thinking, slight exaggeration.
可能是在40码以外角度射入的
Probably scored like maybe on the angle
诸如此类
from 40 yards or something like that.
我记得坎通纳只是摇了摇头
I remember Cantona just shaking his head
我在想这就是埃里克·坎通纳
and I’m thinking that’s Eric Cantona,
他显然认为这个入球很好
and he obviously thinks the goal was pretty good.
教练转过身来对我说“很幸运那球进了”
The manager turned round to me and said, ‘lucky that went in.’
所以我想我本来会被换下的
So I think I would have been pulled off.
即使他没有射进这球…
Even if he hadn’t scored this goal…
这也是很好的尝试
it was good aim.
我真的很震惊
That was when I really all went like that,
很适合做宣传
and the publicity went like that.
这个球一定会在全世界播放
It must have been zoomed all around the world that goal.
上一个能做到的应该是贝利吧
It was a€“ the last person to do that would have been Pele I think.
但连他都没进过这样的球
And even he didn’t score it.
你知道吗,他想成为一个明星
And do you know something, he wanted to be a star,
他想为车换上皮革,而我们的车是布的
he wanted to have leather in his car when we had cloth.
他想装最好的音响
He wanted to have the best speakers in his boot
听最棒的歌♥
for the best music.
他想在足球以外的圈子里推广自己
He wanted to propel himself beyond football.
时尚对他来说很重要
Fashion was important to him.
音乐对他来说很重要
Music was important to him.
他所做的不仅是为了成为足球员
Doing things more than just becoming a football player
这对他来说很重要
were important to him.
贝克汉姆显然是大明星
I mean Becks was obviously a huge star
越来越大,越来越有名
and just got bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger.
但是,在更衣室里,他没有太大改变
But, in regards to, in the dressing room, not a lot changed.
贝克汉姆就是贝克汉姆
Becks was Becks.
他有很多事情要做
He had a lot going on.
你知道,很多人都在关注
You know, a lot of attention.
他在对阵温布顿的比赛中入了球
He’d scored the goal against Wimbledon,
他现在要和维多利亚约会了
he was now going out with Victoria.
他们的故事很轰动
They were a massive story,
所以他们所做的一切都给他带来压力
so everything that they did there was pressure on him.
你知道他所取得的成就斐然
You know what he’s achieved is incredible
在全球吸引力方面
in terms of his global appeal,
这很是惊人
I mean it’s phenomenal.
想想看,这是一个足球运动员
To think that that’s a football player,
他能把足球踢得很好
who can kick a football well.
我去探访了这所位于偏远地区不起眼的
So I went to visit this obscure little Japanese school
日本学校
in the middle of nowhere,
我走进去,在学校集♥会♥上被介绍
and I went in and was introduced to the school assembly,