华利若见到我抽烟一定会宰了我
Wally would kill me if he saw me doin’ this.
你抽吧
There you go.
谢谢
Thanks.
你喜欢看电影?
So, you like movies?
喜欢, 但一生人只看过一套
Yes. Seen only one, though.
你看过一套?哪一套?
You’ve seen only one? Which one?
恩, 片名叫 “金刚”, 很好看
Uh,King Kong. It’s really good.
是苹果批
Wilbur, it’s a pie apple.
来, 看看, 试一件吧
Here, look. See? Try one of those.
他现在是苹果专家了吧?
So he’s an apple expert now, is he?
老天, 可真美味
Oh, my, yes. That’s a far superior taste.
也很爽滑
And crisp too.
大多数苹果一放进口里就很难吃
So many apples are disappointingly mealy.
是他诚意替我们摘的
Wilbur, he picked these for us himself.
荷马去摘苹果, 你不感到失望吗
You don’t find it depressing that Homer Wells is picking apples?
他忙得连写封似样的信也不行啦
Or that he can’t be bothered to write us a proper letter?
这是礼物哟
Wilbur, it’s a gift.
我会给他一份礼物
I’ll show him a gift.
送他一件可以用的礼物
I’ll send him a gift he can use.
占士史超域踏上征兵的路途
There goes Jimmy Stewart on his way to enlist.
他是银幕上最受欢迎明星之一
One of the most popular stars on the screen.
今天他是美国的史超域中尉了
Today he’s Lieutenant Stewart, U.S.A.
过了赤道, 那一边比较光
Crossing the equator, there’s a lighter side,
新人被介绍到
as novices are introduced…
传统的海神尼普顿皇帝的领域
to the traditional realm of King Neptune.
拳赛舒缓了海上沉闷漫长的日子
Boxing matches, helping relieve the monotony of long, weary days at sea.
你好像看得津津有味
Well, it looked like you liked it.
我的确喜欢看, 我只能说的是 :
I did like it. All I said was,
片里没有大猩猩金刚
it’s noKing Kong.
我是说她起初爱它, 后来又不爱
I mean, first she loved him, then she didn’t.
以后就没有人要它了
Then no one else could have him.
可是她的确爱它嘛
No, but she did love him.
你认识过多少女人?
How many women have you known?
她究竟是怎样死掉的!
And what did she die of exactly?
她肝肠寸断, 因心碎而死
She was torn apart. She died of a broken heart.
这个嘛, 我…
Oh. Well, I just–
我需要比较合理的医学解释
I need a better medical explanation.
肝肠寸断
Torn apart.
金刚至少知道自己想要什么
At least King Kong, he knew what he wanted.
你跟甘蒂在搞什么?
Hey, what you doin’ with that Candy, Homer?
我猜是想缔造历史了
Makin’ history, I suppose.
希望你不要自寻烦恼
You ain’t gettin’ in no trouble, I hope.
没有烦恼
No trouble.
那位甘蒂是我所见最好的姑娘
That Candy, she’s the nicest girl I know.
她是我所见过最美丽的姑娘
She’s about the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen
但是不是最好我倒不清楚了
but I don’t know if she’s the nicest.
她是最美好也是最美丽的
She’s the nicest and most beautiful girl I’ve ever known.
看来你已烦恼重重了
See, that sounds like you in trouble already, Homer.
听来更像烦恼惹起了很大的麻烦
Sounds like big trouble to me, Homer.
我没有烦恼也没有麻烦
I’m not in trouble.
你有啊
Yeah, you is.
有烦恼的人我是看得出的
I know when people are in trouble.
你有哇
You is.
他名叫韦荷马
His name is Homer Wells
他的履历是我所见过最好的
and his pathetic resume is the best I’ve seen.
奇怪的是董事局对这个人有兴趣
I find it hard to believe that the board would be interested in this character.
他看起来像个非常优秀的年轻人
But he looks like an excellent young man.
是个第一流的候选人
A first-rate candidate.
你认为是吗?
Don’t you think?
我倒觉得他是个心灵破碎的笨蛋
He looks like a bleeding heart missionary moron to me.
但有兴趣来这里的医生都是这样
But that would be the problem with any doctor interested in coming here.
你认识他吗?
Do you know him?
不, 我不想
No, and I don’t want to.
他目前在印度传教
He’s doing missionary work in India.
几个星期前我写过信给他
I wrote to him weeks ago
他不是忙于传教就是懒于回覆
but either he’s too holy or too busy to answer.
对不起
Sorry.
好,来吧
Okay. Come on.
一个勇于在异域传教的人
I fail to see how someone courageous enough…
不应在这里受到忽视
to make a commitment to a foreign mission is automatically to be dismissed.
他在那种地方可以全情投入
That part of the world requires precisely the kind
在这里也总可以吧
of dedication that is needed here.
孟买♥♥那边有下雪吗?
Does it snow in Bombay?
这里下雪时
One winter here
我们把他装进棺材运送过来吧
and we’ll be shipping him south in a coffin!
黎治医生
But Dr. Larch,
他看来合乎资格有余了
he seems exceptionally qualified.
我不是说他在医学方面的资历
I’m not talking about his medical qualifications.
教我困扰的是他信奉基♥督♥
It’s the Christian thing that bothers me.
信基♥督♥教在这一带没多大用
I just don’t see it as being much use around here.
我倒看不出基♥督♥徒会伤害人
I fail to see how a little Christianity could hurt anyone here.
好啦, 我只是让你们看看
Anyway, I was just showing you this guy as an example…
一个合资格的例子而已
of what’s available.
我还以为你们会不感兴趣
I didn’t think you’d be interested.
我们很感兴趣
We’re very interested.
对, 是很感兴趣
Oh, yes, very.
你不会反对见见他吧?
You wouldn’t be opposed to meeting with him?
见见他也无伤大雅
Well, it wouldn’t hurt to meet him.
再说一遍他的名字好吗?
What’s his name again?
韦荷马医生
Dr. Homer Wells.
好名字, 很有新英格兰的风范
It’s a nice name. Very New England.
很有缅因州的风范,很本地化
Very Maine. A very local sounding name.
很有嘛
Very.
我告诉过你, 我摆出渴求的姿态
I told you. If I appear to want it
他们不想, 我就装作讨厌
they don’t want it. If I appear to hate it,
他们只好听从我的推荐
they just gotta have it.
我有件事想问问你
Excuse me. I just wanna ask you something.
来跟我跳舞吧
Edna, come dance with me.
我们今晚傻呼呼地过一夜
Let’s be foolish tonight. Come on.
他知道我们说他在印度吗?
Does he know he’s supposed to be in India?
他会不会想回来?
Does he even want to come back?
他只是个在田野劳动的人
He’s a field hand!
他何以会乐不思蜀呢?
What could possibly hold him there?
荷马, 是时候走了
Homer! It’s time to go!
我得走啦
Oh, I gotta go.
好吧
Okay.
我们现在用黄色红纹大苹果
Right now, we’re usin’ them early Macs and Gravensteins.
苹果汁真是水汪汪
Cider is way too watery, man.
我们要等冬天摘到香蕉后
We ain’t gonna get no good cider till we start pickin’
才会有好的苹果汁
them Golden Delicious and Winter Bananas…
才会有黄褐色的美国北部苹果
and Russets and Baldwins,
你明白吗?
you know.
药剂液不会有虫吗?
What about worms? Don’t the drops have worms?
是会有虫
Well, yeah, they got worms, Homer.
但也只不过是蛋白质之类而已
That ain’t nothin’ but protein, man.
积奇, 你搞什么鬼?
Jack? What the hell is you doin’, man?
你不知香烟会把苹果汁都毁了吗
Don’t you know that cigarette’s gonna ruin this whole batch of cider?
你该知道我不容许这做的
I can’t have that.
你要拿出来
You gonna have to get that out of there.
你要去钓鱼啦
You’re gonna have to go fishin’, boy.
你是说去游泳
You mean swimmin’?
钓鱼又好,游泳又好啦, 去吧
Swimmin’ or fishin’.
我才不会下去把香烟钓出来
I ain’t goin’ in that vat to fish out no cigarette.
积奇,快下去啊
Now, Jack-Come on down here, man.
你干哪一行的?
What business are you in, Jack?
告诉我你是干什么活的?
Just tell me what business you’re in.
就说是苹果业吧
Just say you’re in the apple business
因为这是你唯一想做的行业
’cause that’s the only business you wanna be in.
唏, 积奇,听着
Hey, Jack! Listen
你不能对路士先生说做小刀行业
Jack! You don’t wanna go in the knife business with Mr. Rose, man.