我说笑而已
Kidding.
差点儿把我吓倒了
Oh, okay.
你要保重啊
Take care of yourself. Okay.
再见
Bye.
行啦, 路士先生
Okay, Mr. Rose.
对了, 一扭一拉, 做得好
Turn. That’s right. Turn and pull. Turn and pull. Just like that. Good. Good.
你摘的大多数是榨汁的苹果
Okay, that’s good. Right now you’re pickin’ mostly cider apples.
这些只适宜用来榨苹果汁
All these drops here, they good only for cider.
你摘的苹果, 茎部只有半熟
And you’re picking apples with the stem only half the time.
教你一些绝招吧, 荷马
Golden rule, Homer.
你要摘有茎的苹果
You wanna pick the apple with the stem.
见到那边的吗?
Now, see that there?
小枝就在茎部上
The spur right above the stem?
那是明年摘的苹果的叶芽
That’s the bud for next year’s apple.
叫做小枝
That’s called the “spur.”
摘错了小枝, 就会影响明年收成
Pick the spur, you’re pickin’ two years in one.
即是摘了未有机会生长的苹果
You’re pickin’ next year’s apple
明年就没有好的苹果可摘了
before it have a chance to grow.
所以你要把小枝留在树枝上
So you wanna leave that,
听清楚了吗?
aren’t you?
清楚了
Okay.
好, 让我看着你做吧
All right, let me see you work.
做得好
Yeah. That’s good.
这次做得更好
Yeah, that’s much better. That’s better.
你倒像个受过教育的人
I can see you got yourself some education.
你的手倒很不错
Them good hands you got.
你的手倒很会干活, 是吗
Them hands you got, they know what they’re doin’. Ain’t that right?
我想是吧
I guess so.
好哇
All right.
你继续做吧, 我很快就回来
You keep on workin’, Homer. I’ll be right back. Okay.
黎治?黎治?
Wilbur? Wilbur?
你该读读这封信
Wilbur? You should read this.
是董事局寄来的另一封了
It’s from the board. Another letter.
只是提议说找一些新血
Merely suggesting that some new blood
会对大家全都有好处
might benefit you all.
找个对产科儿科都有新意念的人
Someone with new ideas in the obstetrical and pediatric fields.
我想他们是想在下一个会议中
I think they’re just testing
试试一些新的意念
some ideas for our next meeting.
何兹医生看来人品很好
Dr. Holtz seems nice.
我认为他只是想帮个忙而已
I think he only wants to help.
他是个天杀的心理学家
He’s a goddamn psychiatrist!
他当然想帮个忙
Of course he wants to help.
他想帮忙把我监禁才会开心
He’d be happy to help to commit me.
你要当心的倒是高贺太太
It’s this Mrs. Goodhall you have to be careful of, Wilbur.
我们都要特别当心高贺太太
We have to be more than careful of Mrs. Goodhall.
她对基♥督♥教的热忱
She has enough Christian zeal
足以想另创新国土
to start her own country.
我真想给她吃一些乙♥醚♥
I’d like to give her a little ether.
那你打算怎办?
So, what are you going to do?
拿着
Take this.
韦荷马
Homer Wells,
生于缅因州波特兰
born Portland, Maine,
日期一九一五年三月二日
March 2, 1915.
但荷马是在这个地方出生的
But Homer was born here.
好像是在一九二二年
In what was it? 1922? Mm-hmm.
一九三五年毕业于博文书院
Graduated Bowdoin College, 1935.
然后在哈佛医学院毕业
Harvard School of Medicine,
是一九三九年
1939.
这些全是你的资历呀
That’s you, Wilbur. You went there.
做过实习医生
An internship
在波士顿南部分院受训两年
and two years of training at the Boston Lying-In, South End Branch
被评为出色的妇科产科医生
he was judged an accomplished gynecological and obstetrical surgeon…
那不是他嘛
That’s not him.
儿科方面经验丰富
with experience in pediatric care.
你在生安白造
Wilbur, you’re making this up.
董事局快要把我置换了
Angela, the board is going to replace me.
新血该是这样子嘛
That is what the new blood is for.
他们会找个不肯做堕胎手术的人
You mean they’re going to replace you with someone
来替代你吗?
who doesn’t perform abortions.
我们只能揣测
Well, we can only guess at that.
他们是违法的
They are against the law.
这些假资历也违法
These credentials are against the law.
大家都知道我训练出荷马
We all know I trained Homer,
所以他的资历该跟我的一样嘛
so his credentials are as good as mine.
别向我夸耀法律是神圣的了
And don’t be holy to me about the law.
法律为这里的人做过什么?
What has the law ever done for anyone here?
你认为我这个继任人怎么样?
So, what do you think about my candidate?
学校成绩呢?
What about school records?
荷马并没有文凭
Homer doesn’t have any diplomas.
请过来
Come here, Edna, please. Come here.
他会有的
He will have them.
黎治
Wilbur!
我不知道…
I don’t know–
这些都放在那边
All of these on there, okay.
你们要紧密封好
Gotta pack ’em tight now, y’all. I got it.
你觉得我们该如何做?
What do you think we do?
全都安装好了
All aboard, Mrs. Worthington.
谢谢你
Thank you, Arthur.
今年这班劳工怎样?
How’s this crew this year?
有烂苹果吗?
Got any rotten apples?
这班工人很不错
It’s a good crew, ma’am. Hey, Rose Rose.
你们快弄断我的手指了, 天杀的
You tryin’ to break my finger? Damn! Just an accident.
也许会有个坏的苹果
Well, maybe we got one bad apple,
但我们可以应付得了
but it’s nothing we can’t handle.
我明白啦
I see.
那个年纪轻轻的荷马怎么样?
How’s young Homer working out?
很好, 他很聪明
Good. He’s a smart young man.
喂, 荷马
Hey, Homer.
早安, 王太
Mornin’, Miss Worthington.
你到我家里来看我吧
Why don’t you come up and visit me at the house?
我有些适合你穿的衣服
I know I’ve got clothes that will fit you.
我可以找到很多适合你的东西
Okay. I’m sure I can find a ton of things to fit you.
露丝不再需要摘苹果穿的衣服了
Rose don’t really need any more pickin’ clothes, ma’am.
别扫兴嘛
Uh-huh. Now don’t be a party-pooper, Arthur.
我有件很漂亮的衬衫
I have a beautiful blouse–
唏, 露丝
Hey, Rose Rose. Homer.

Hey.

Hi.
你觉得怎样?
How you feelin’?
不想念着华利时就没什么了
When I’m not thinking of Wally, I’m fine.
我还是不惯单独一个人
I’m not really good at being alone.

Oh.
感到好得多了, 谢谢
Feeling much better. Thanks.
喂, 听我讲
Hey, listen.
你有空可以来我爹家里吃晚饭
Maybe if you’re free, you’d like to come and have dinner at my dad’s place?
好哇
Okay.
你还未见过龙虾吧?
You haven’t seen a lobster yet, have you?
没见过
No.

Oh, good.
你饿了吧?
You’re hungry, right?
这个是什么地方?
What is that?
叫汽车戏院
It’s a drive-in movie theatre.
有电影看的?
It’s a movie outside?
是啊
Yeah.
我们可以看戏吗?
Oh, can we see it?
可以
Okay.
因为停电, 所以不开了
It’s closed now because of the blackouts.
哗, 好大哟!
Oh. It’s so big.
抽烟吗?要一根香烟吧
You smoke? You want a cigarette?
好哇
Okay.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!