不是吗?
Won’t it be the French?
我有张地图标明了形态。
I’ve got a map somewhere
of who it ought to be.
您要接见第11轻骑兵团的诺兰中尉么?
好的。
– Will you see Capt. Nolan, 11th Hussars?
– Yes.
法国可能是要参战,法国人一直是这样。
Well, it might be the French,
it might always be the French.
我知道。
I knew it would be.
上尉诺兰,长官。
Nolan, Capt. Nolan, sir.
你找到地图了?
长官,我请求—
– Have you got a map?
– My lord, may I ask-
大声点,他一思考就有点耳背,那铜像也帮不上忙
Speak up, he’s a bit deaf when
he’s thinking, and that statue doesn’t help.
长官!
My lord.
啊,你就是冲着卡迪根伯爵大喊大叫的家伙。
You’re the chap.
You’ve been shouting at Lord Cardigan.
还骂他。
Calling him things.
你都让军队的事情上报纸了。
You’ve put the army in the newspapers.
长官,我请求您恩准召开军事法庭。
My lord, I request the privilege
of being granted a court-martial.
估计铜像可以树在哪个新火车站。
Perhaps they could put it over
one of the new railway stations.
军事法庭?我亲爱的诺兰上尉。
Court-martial? My dear Capt. Nolan.
好吧,我们可以作什么?
Well, what can we do about it?
先生们,你们已经沦为笑柄。
You’re becoming
a laughing stock, gentlemen.
你们频频上报。
You’re appearing far too frequently
in the newspapers.
关于诺兰上尉的事件,
In the case of Capt. Nolan, now…
鉴于此事有损军队利益并引发公众的担忧。
…Lord Raglan refuses his request
for a court-martial…
拉格伦勋爵拒绝了召开军事法庭的请求。
…that it might be prejudicial to the good
of the service and cause public disquiet.
艾利将军,我—
如果你固执己见,
– Gen. Airey, I-
– If you persist in this matter…
你就失去了所有现役军官们的同情。
…you will forfeit the sympathy of
every officer of rank in the service.
至于卡迪根伯爵,
As for the conduct of Lord Cardigan…
拉格伦男爵希望你今后能够克制言行,
…Lord Raglan expects that in the future
his lordship will exercise the forbearance…
与军官和绅士的身份相符。
…and discretion befitting an officer
and a gentleman.
民众的激♥情♥将我们推向战争。
We are being taken towards war
by popular fervor.
但是他们并不清楚,
There is no reason for war, there is
no real understanding of the issues…
英国没有理由接入此次的事态
…because there are
hardly any issues involved.
我们不要假装同为基♥督♥教的英格兰和俄♥国♥
Let us not pretend that Christian England
can find common ground…
会因为异教♥徒♥土耳其人而开战。
…with infidel Turkey
against Christian Russia.
马太福音说: 使人和睦的人有福了!因为他们必被称为神的儿子!
”Blessed are the peacemakers, for
they shall be called the children of God. ”
克制,我的朋友们,和平
Restrain yourselves, my friends. Peace.
和平,同胞们
Peace, my brethren.
克制,克制
Restrain yourselves, my friends.
太兴奋了。
是啊,
– So excited.
– Yes.
大家都很兴奋。
Everybody is so excited.
我不觉得,打仗很令人兴奋么?
I’m not excited.
Is it such an exciting thing to do?
是的,这是世上最令人兴奋的事。
Yes, it is the most exciting thing
in the world.
或许人们并没有第二次生命,对吗?
Perhaps there is no other life for a man,
is there, Lewis?
是,没有
No, there is not.
多令人伤心。
How sad.
为什么伤心?
因为终有一死。
– Why sad?
– Because it all ends in death.
我不会让你想到死亡的。
不会的。
– I will not have you thinking of death.
– No.
我不知道怎么会想起死亡。
I don’t know what has made me
think of death.
是战争令她想起死亡。
War has made her think of death.
我相信。卡利莎,
I do believe it has.
Dear Clarissa, it is inevitable.
为了野蛮人们能被文明教化,
Until such savages are
sufficiently civilized to understand…
明白并接受仲裁,
…and abide by decisions
arrived at by arbitration…
我们必须要打这一仗,这是不可避免的。
…we will have, we must have, war.
就是这样的。
Yes.
好了,我提议该为什么敬个酒。
Now, I feel I should propose a toast
or something of the kind.
为什么敬酒呢。不为克里米亚。
– I’m not sure what.
– Not the Crimea.
好吧,不为那个
No.
刘易斯,为你的新任命怎么样?
Lewis, what about you?
Your new appointment.
不。
No.
不吗?
No?
为了我们三个。
The three of us.
为了我们三个。
To the three of us.
刘易斯。
Lewis.
我怀孕了。
是吗?我…我不知道。
– I am with child.
– You are. I didn’t know.
威廉一直想告诉你。
William has been longing to tell you.
我很不开心。
I am so unhappy.
别,你们俩都应该开心。这是个好事。
No. You should both of you be happy.
It is a happy thing.
我求你别多想了……
I beg you not to entertain any thoughts
other than…
有孩子了,刘易斯,像不受欢迎的客人。
They’re there, Lewis,
like unwelcome guests.
不,是受欢迎的。
No, not unwelcome, welcome.
请握住我的手。
Please take my hand.
我一直想有你的孩子。
I long for it to be yours.
亲爱的,我必须去找威廉了。
My dear, I must join William.
你的疯狂感染了我们。
It is some madness in you
that has infected us all.
不是认识了你,我不会这样,威廉也不会。
I shall not be the same from knowing you,
nor William either.
当你们一起的时候,
When you are with him, there…
记住,我的心是,是一直……
Remember, my heart is…
卢肯勋爵。
先生们,下午好。
– Lord Lucan.
– Good afternoon, gentlemen.
不要把我当孩子,先生,塞瓦斯托波尔发生什么事了?
Don’t treat me as if I was a child, sir.
Sebastopol… Now what is it?
卢肯勋爵。
拉格伦勋爵
– Lord Lucan.
– Lord Raglan.
太好了,我们有个安排。
Good, good. We have some things.
我有任命了?
Do I get command?
你?
You?
控制地中海,
Control of the Mediterranean.
这就是沙皇的目标,然后是印度,一场大战。
That’s what the Czar’s at, and then
afterwards India, and he will have war.
惠灵顿公爵一直对你评价很高,
The Duke of Wellington always
thought of you highly…
认为你很够资格,卢肯。
是的。
– … found you very qualified, Lucan.
– He is.
你确实是。为了漂亮地恶心沙皇一把,
That is fact.
To do it stylish and sicken the Czar…
我们决定要让塞瓦斯托波耳变成一片火海。
…we are to put Sebastopol to the flames,
and that is our intention.
给斯卡莱特什么部队?
Is there something for Scarlett to have?
我想斯卡莱特是应该指挥部队。
I think Scarlett should have something.
我告诉他你会让他指挥部队,但不知道是哪一支。
I’ll tell him he’ll have something,
but you don’t know what.
我知道是哪支。
让我指挥英军吗?
– I do know what.
– Am I to have the army, or am I not?
不是,我亲自指挥英国远征军。
Not. I have the army.
I will command the expedition myself.
当然是你了。
Of course you will. I would.
我非常希望你能够同意接纳指挥骑兵的任命。
It is my earnest hope that you will consent
to assume command of the cavalry.
好吧。
Very well.
艾利,给斯卡莱特哪支部队?
What is Scarlett to have, Airey?
斯卡莱特指挥重骑兵,卡迪根勋爵指挥轻骑兵。
Scarlett will have the Heavy Brigade
and Lord Cardigan, the Light Brigade.
卡迪根指挥轻骑兵?
Cardigan? The Light Brigade?
我那个从不露面的小舅子?