我一边帮我妈妈捶背一边说:
which holds my mother in its belly, and l say:
“妈妈,让我进来吧, 但我的灵魂最终能得到安息吗?”
“Dear mother, let me in, when shall my bones have peace at last?”
“妈妈, 我付出一切只是为了一块裹尸布”
“Mother, l’d give all my wealth to have a shroud to wrap myself in.”
但她不愿意给我这份恩赐
But she will not yet grant me that mercy.
而你们,请善待老人
Sirs, do not harm an old man,
当你们老的时候你们也不想变成他现在的样子
as you would not want to be harmed when you are old.
让我安静一会儿吧, 原上帝一路与你们同在
Let me go, and God be with you on your way.
我要走我自己的路了
l must follow my own.
你不能就这样走
You’ll not get off so lightly.
你刚才谈到了“死人”
Just now you talked of this traitor, Death.
我肯定你是他的间谍
l bet you’re both in league. Tell us where he is,
告诉我们他在哪里.
or you’ll pay for it.
你和他到处杀害年轻人
You’re plotting with him to kill the young.
你很急着要找到他吗?
lf you really want to find Death,
在小路转进去,那里,那就是你要找的
go down that path down there.
我把他留在林子里的一棵树底下.
l left the man you seek in the grove, under a tree.
你看到那棵树了吗? 就在那里
See that oak? You should seek for him there.
愿上帝保佑你们,
God be with you, and make you mend your ways.
我们将象有钱人一样生活
From now on we can live as rich men!
我们白天不能把他带走, 我们要去盗贼那里
But we can’t take it away in daylight, we’d be mistaken for thieves.
我们中的一个人去买♥♥面包和酒
One of us must fetch bread and wine.
其他人守着财宝, 今晚,我们把他带走
We’ll guard it, then carry it away tonight.
第可是最年轻的
Dick is the youngest.
药剂师, 我要一些毒药来毒死吃我的小鸡的老鼠
Master Apothecary, l need poison to kill rats and a polecat,
他们胡说
They eat through everything, God damn them.
这是毒药
l will give you a poison so strong
任何生物吃了它立刻就死
that anyone who takes but a speck will die at once.
面包和3瓶酒
Bread and three flasks of wine!
快点
Hop to it, run!
快点,小杂种
Hurry, you little bastard!
快点吃,我赶时间
l’m in a hurry. Get a move on!
给你
Here!
听着
Listen, Johnny.
你是我兄弟
We are sworn brothers.
我们现在是二对
Two men are stronger than one.
他来的时候,你抓住他
You go to him as if to struggle in jest.
我拿出我的刀,你要抓紧他
l’ll knife him.
我们杀了他,分了那笔钱
We’ll kill him and split the treasure.
给你酒
Here’s the wine!
你在这上面花了时间
About time, too!
迪克,我唯一的亲人, 你是我最好的朋友
Dick, my love, l always said you were my best friend.
多漂亮的小屁♥股♥
What a lovely arse you have!
来吧,喝酒,我们开心一下 然后我们埋了他
Let’s eat and drink, then bury him.
等一下!
Wait!
多好的蛋糕
What delicious cake!
是的,亲爱的托马斯
Yes, dear Thomas.
愿上帝能偿还你
May God reward you,
在这个地方我收到了不只一份的礼物
for here l’ve had many gifts and many a good meal.
我知道你也给别的兄弟礼物的
Brother Tom, l hear you’ve given things to other friars, too.
托马斯,这就是你生病的原因了!
Ah Thomas, you’re ill because you’re unfaithful!
在这所修道院,有一袋小麦, 在另外一间,有鸭和鸡
You gave oats to that convent, and chicken and geese to another.
不, 托马斯, 这些都没什么用!
No, Thomas, it’s all useless!
什么才是值得分享的财宝?
What is a treasure worth if you cut it into many parts? Nothing!
我只能把我有的给你,不是吗?
l can only give you what l have, nothing else.
你总是说我是你的兄弟,说你爱我
Tell me, you always say l am your brother and you love me.
是的
Yes!
当然
Of course!
我死的时候我会给你的修道院一份礼物的:
Since l am dying, l will leave something for your saintly monastery:
是我最珍贵的
the most precious thing l have.
但你们要平均分配
But you must swear
发誓!为你们所有的兄弟
to share it equally between each friar.
把你的手放到我背上
Well then, run your hand down my back
你们会在我的床上找到我藏的东西
you’ll find something l have hidden in my bed.
– 卡力基! – 在哪儿?
– Courage! – Where is it?
在我屁♥股♥下面!
Right beneath my arse!
– 是你放在那里的吗? – 是的
– ls your hand there? – Yes.
找到了!
Well then!
怎么啦?
What is it?
– 跟我来 – 去哪儿?
– You must come with me. – Where to?
去地狱
We are going to visit Hell.
为什么?
But why?
他们就是这样决定的
lt’s been decided by those who do as they like.
– 没门 – 我的天哪
– Ask no more. – My God.
闭上眼睛,闭紧了!
Close your eyes, and keep them shut tight!
1, 2, 3!
One, two, three!
嗨,撒旦!
Hey, Brother Thomas!
抬起尾巴来看看你是怎么护住那些和尚的
Lift your tail, show him where you keep friars in Hell!
这就是坎特勃利故事的结尾
Here finish the Canterbury Tales,
为了消闲而讲述,阿门
told for the sole pleasure of telling.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!