How you expect me to believe you was down at the numbers spot?
信不信由你 反正我没骗你
Whether you believe it or not don’t mean it ain’t true.
行了 别吵了
Come on, stop this mess.
你非得这时候吵吗
You want to do this right now?
你们行了 来来来
Come on, y’all. Come on, come on, come on.
你不信就不信吧 但是…
You don’t believe it, you don’t have to believe it, but…
我说 你们行了吧
Hey hey hey, come on, y’all.
真是个混♥蛋♥
Such a shuckster.
你非得挑这个时候吵架吗
You really want to do this right now?
别吵了
Stop this right now.
有本事找比你厉害的吵去
You need to pick on somebody your own size.
我们是来庆祝的
We are here to celebrate,
大家今天就和和气气的吧
so y’all could be nice just one time.
女主人发话了 来吧
You heard the lady. Come on,
过来 我们来庆祝
get over here, let’s celebrate!
庆祝
Celebrate.
我故意出去就是想让你们玩得开心
That’s why I was out, trying to make you happy.
应该给你俩单独开个房♥
Y’all need to get a room.
什么 你说什么
What? What?
难道不是吗 不是吗
Ain’t that the truth? Or something.
他快把我气疯了 他…
He drives me crazy. He just… Ugh!
你不是…你和我们一块来吧
You ain’t, uh… You want to come to the room with us?
不用了
No.
-孩子们呢 -在楼上房♥间呢
– Hey, where the boys at? – They upstairs in the back room.
孩子们 下楼 到我这儿来
Boys! Get on down here! I need to see your face now!
-你们在楼上干什么 -对 庆祝
– What y’all doing up there? – Yes, congratulations.
亲爱的 你啥时候带我去白宫啊
Honey, when you gonna take me to the White House?
你想去白宫吗 宝贝
You want to go to the White House, baby?
我当然想去白宫
You know I want to go to the White House.
你想什么时候去
When you want to go?
别打哈哈 你知道我…
Don’t play with me now, you know I…
你想什么时候去
When you want to go?
白宫 你这是一步登天了啊
The White House, now that’s a big step up.
是啊 我很高兴
Yeah, it’s exciting.
亲爱的 你就要去白宫了
Girl, you up in that house now!
可得给我多八卦八卦
I want to hear all the stories.
我也不知道能给你讲多少
I don’t know how many stories you gonna hear,
因为他们有个什么保密协议
’cause they done swore him to some kind of secret code,
他什么也不能告诉我
and he can’t tell me nothing.
不会的啦 你只要把他弄舒服了
No. Girl, you give it to him right.
他什么都会告诉你啦
He’ll tell you everything.
说的就是这个理
That’s the key right there.
听见没
You listening?
-你听见她说没 -那你想弄谁啊
– Did you hear her? – Who you been giving it to?
要是你在家 我不就弄你喽
Well, if you was at home, I could be giving it to you.
我不懂你们在说什么
I don’t know what you talking about.
孩子们 赶紧夹着你们的小屁♥股♥下来
Boys, y’all better bring y’all little narrow butts down here!
-他们来了 -喊你们八百次了
– Here they come. – Called y’all 19 times.
孩子们 别在屋里跑
Boys, stop running through this house.
你们知道的
You know better than that.
伊乐瑞 来 过来
Elroy! Get over here. Come here.
给我点钱
Give me some money.
告诉他们 你长大要去哪
Nah. Tell them… Tell them what you gonna be when you grow up.
我想和盖恩斯先生一样去白宫工作
I want to work at the White House just like Mr. Gaines.
-真是我的乖儿子 -好样的
– Ah, that’s my boy. – Right there.
好了 哥们
All right, man.
路易斯 你长大想做什么
Louis! What you gonna be when you grow up?
像你♥爸♥爸一样去白宫工作吗
You gonna work at the White House like your daddy?
-我不知道 -我跟你说件事
– I don’t know. – I’ll tell you one thing.
我13岁时就清楚地知道自己想做什么
I knew exactly what I wanted to be when I was 13.
是啊 当个玩游戏的
Yeah, a number runner.
我叫塞西尔·盖恩斯 新来的管家
I’m Cecil Gaines. I’m the new butler.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
这里有十六位全职女佣
There are 16 full-time maids.
六位管家 四个木匠 两个油漆工
We have six butlers, four carpenters, two painters,
七个电工 三个洗碗工 三个看门人
seven electricians, three dishwashers, three doormen,
包括糕点师在内的全体厨员 三位全职书法员
a full kitchen staff, including pastry chef and three full-time calligraphers.
两位画家 七个电工 九位工程师
Two painters, seven electricians, nine engineers…
这位是华纳
Here comes Warner.
华纳先生 感谢您给我机会
Uh, Mr. Warner, wanted to thank you for the opportunity
在白宫…
to work in the White House…
来吧 这边
Come on. Here we go.
你好 我是塞西尔·盖恩斯 我们今后就是同事了
Ma’am, I’m Cecil Gaines. I’ll be working with you here.
盖恩斯先生 请不要这样
Mr. Gaines, please don’t do that.
-这边 -好的
– Come on. – Yes, sir.
举托盘时 不要刮到盘底
Now, when lifting a plate, never scrape the bottom.
不要去听或者参与席上对话
Never listen or react to conversation.
-你在房♥间时…-要像空气一样安静
– The room should feel as… – Empty when I’m in it.
然后她说
So then she says…
她说 进去
Then she says, “Stick…”
好的
“OK.”
然后她开始鬼哭狼嚎
Then she starts screaming and yells,
把整只手都放进去 我照做了
“Stick your whole hand in!” So I put my whole hand in.
她又嚷道 两只手都进去
Then she yells out, “Put both hands in!”
好的
“OK!”
她又叫道 现在拍手
Then she screams, “Now clap!”
我说我做不到
I say, “I can’t.”
她抬头看我 笑道
She looks up, smiles and says,
我就说我
“See, I told you my…”
不好笑
That ain’t funny.
他来了 早听说你要来了
Hey, there he is! Heard you were coming.
-你叫什么名字 -塞西尔
– What’s your name? – Cecil.
-塞西尔·盖恩斯 -就是不好笑
– Cecil Gaines. – That ain’t funny.
我是卡特·威尔逊 首席管家
I’m Carter Wilson, head butler.
不用怕后面那个大魔头
Don’t worry about Big Mo behind you.
那哥们可是个盗窃能手
That brother will steal your wallet before you even knew it.
照镜子的这个叫詹姆士·霍洛韦
This brother in the mirror over here, his name’s James Holloway.
-他是我的副手 -詹姆士
– He’s my second in command. – James.
你支持杰基·罗宾森还是威利·梅斯
Jackie Robinson or Willie Mays?
二者皆为美国著名棒球选手
好歹也要先跟人家握个手
Why don’t you shake the man’s hand first
再问这种不近人情的问题吧
before you start asking difficult questions like that?
我在想这家伙是站哪边的
I just want to know where the man’s coming from.
那咱俩就要法庭见了
Look like the jury’s still out on that one, right?
欢迎 小迪迪已经带你转过了吗
Welcome. Fancy Freddie give you the tour yet?
转过了 道奇队[职业棒球队]还是落后吗
He did. Is the Dodgers still… still losing?
要是卡特能闭上他的臭嘴
I might be able to answer that question if Carter over here
我没准就能听清了
stop running his nasty mouth.
别玩了 开始工作
Cut the shit and let’s get to work.
世界最美妙的时刻
How lucky can one guy be
就是两心相悦之时
I kissed her and she kissed me
有位仁兄曾说过
Like the fella once said
爱情就是那当头一棒
Ain’t that a kick in the head
屋里伸手不见五指
The room was completely black
-时间到 -老天啊
– Ready. – Lord, help us.
我们那刻彼此相拥
I hugged her and she hugged back
那位水手如是说
Like the sailor said, quote
爱情是那要命的破船
‘ain’t that a hole in the boat’
思绪飘渺不定
My head keeps spinning
别紧张 放手去干就好
Don’t be nervous, man. Just go on and get to it.
梦境如此甜蜜
I go to sleep and keep grinning
如果一切才刚刚开始
If this is just the beginning,
我的生活将无比美妙
my life is gonna be beautiful
不要听 不要看
You hear nothing, you see nothing.
用我的快乐感染他人
I’ve sunshine enough to spread
你只管去服务
You only serve.
就如那位仁兄所言
It’s just like the fella said
我被爱情撞了一下腰
Tell me quick ain’t love a kick in the head
就如那位仁兄所言
Like the fella once said
我被爱情撞了一下腰
Ain’t that a kick in the head
派联邦军队去小岩城
Send federal troops to Little Rock?