我们是信奉上帝的国家 所以我发誓
As we are a nation under God, so I am sworn…
消除贫困
你离我而去 可曾心怀愧疚
You set me out , now don’t you feel ashame
没人比麦当劳做的更好
立即加入一对一立法委员会
同性恋人♥权♥
因为你我再不相干
‘Cause you and I ain’t nothing no more
你赐我生命 我却难得你心
You gave me life but I don’t share your soul
我们有一半石油是进口的…
Half of our oil is now imported…
这是一场危机
It is a crisis that strikes at the very heart
牵动着全国人♥民♥的心
and soul and spirit of our national will.
你执意孤身上路
You live your life all alone
-我又有感觉了 -别担心
– I feel one coming now. – Not to worry.
你们两个在家待着 身体好了再出去
Two of you, stay home until you feel better.
好吧 巴恩
OK, Barn, I’ll stay.
不过我再也不会健复了
But I ain’t never gonna feel no better.
我选择了爱 望你热忱回应
I choose to love I wish you feel the same
仅在我们选区 失业率就达9%
In our district alone, we have nine percent unemployment.
你为何害怕放手
Why are you scared to let go
全国有14%的人口
In the country at large,
生活在贫困线以下
14 percent are living below the poverty line.
路易斯·盖恩斯[民♥主♥党 田纳西州]
第5区国会候选人
这些人中的60%不是黑人就是西班牙人
Sixty percent of those are either black or Hispanic.
我想要你的爱
I want your love…
如果能入选国会 我的主要的目标之一
Now, if I’m voted to Congress, reducing those figures
就是降低这些指标
is gonna be one of my primary objectives.

Yeah?
哦 你好
Oh, hey.
谢谢你联♥系♥我
Thanks for getting back to me.
以多少之差落选的
How much did he lose by?
当真
Really?
那好吧
All right, then.
十分感谢
I appreciate it.
不 他落选了
No, he didn’t win.
我觉得你该给他打个电♥话♥
I think you should call him.
查理刚去世的时候
Right after Charlie passed,
路易斯来看望过我
Louis came over and paid me a visit.
发现我躺在厨房♥地板上
He found me on the kitchen floor.
昏迷不醒
I had passed out.
醉醺醺的
Drunk.
我在洗手间弄得一塌糊涂
I’d gone to the bathroom all over myself.
是他把我清理干净的
He’s the one that cleaned me up.
他还说 我是世界上最好的母亲
And then he told me I was the best mother
所有人都羡慕的那种
anybody could ever want.
我觉得现在
I think, about now…
他一定想听到爸爸的声音
he’d want to hear from his daddy.
你应该给他打个电♥话♥
I think you ought to call him.
塞西尔
Cecil?
1986年
里根当政时期
塞西尔
Cecil?
是 总统先生
Yes, sir, Mr. President.
你待着别动 我过去
You stay there, I’m coming to you.
我要交给你…
I have a…
一项秘密任务
…secret mission for you.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
我想送钱给那些写信告诉我
I like to send people money when they write me
他们有经济困难的人
about their financial problems,
但我的幕僚一直在阻止我
but my staff has been trying to get me to stop.
你能帮我继续做下去吗
You think you could help me to keep this going?
没问题 总统先生
Absolutely, Mr. President.
非常感谢你的帮助
Well, I appreciate your help with this.
还有 千万别告诉南希
And, please, don’t tell Nancy.
当然不会
Of course not.
-早安 塞西尔 -早安 华纳先生
– Morning, Cecil. – Morning, Mr. Warner.
我可以坐下吗
May I sit down?
我在这里二十多年
I’ve been here for over 2O years now.
一直以来
For all that time,
黑人帮佣的薪水都比白人低
the black help has been paid a smaller salary than the white help.
我觉得这不合理 华纳先生
And I just don’t think that’s right, Mr. Warner.
一些黑人男佣现在都应该当上技师了
There are black housemen who should be engineers by now.
他们多年前就该有晋升机会
They should’ve been promoted years ago.
你这么觉得
You think so?
我要求跟白人帮佣领相同的薪水
I’m gonna have to be paid the same as the white help,
否则我就离开这里
or I’m gonna have to move on.
那估计你只能离开了
I guess you’ll be moving on then.
我告诉过总统你会这么说
I told the President that you’d say that.
他让我告诉你 把这话亲自说给他听
He told me to tell you to take this up with him, personally.
失陪了
Excuse me.
我不喜欢那帮强硬的外交鹰派
I’m not comfortable with all the foreign policy hawks
围着罗尼 吉姆
surrounding Ronnie, Jim.
幕僚里应该多一些温和派
We need more moderates on his staff.
还要和俄♥罗♥斯♥人举♥行♥会晤
And a summit with the Russians.
罗尼必须和他们当面交涉
Ronnie has to meet with them face to face
这样才有可能打破坚冰
if we’re ever going to thaw this ice.
-塞西尔 -是的 里根夫人
– Cecil. – Yes, Mrs. Reagan?
-我们再议 吉姆
– We will talk, Jim.
请讲 夫人
Yes, ma’am?
你在这儿很受欢迎啊
You’re very popular around here.
大家都说你为他们争取了加薪晋升的机会
Everyone says you’re the man that got them raises and promotions.
-真没想到 -我倒希望是这样
– I had no idea. – I wish I could take credit for that.
我想邀请你参加下周的国宴
I’d like to invite you to the State Dinner next week.
-我当然会到的 里根夫人 -不
– I’m gonna be there, Mrs. Reagan. – No.
不…不是以管家的身份 塞西尔
Not as a… Not as a butler, Cecil.
我邀请你作为客人出席
I’m inviting you as a guest.
但总统指名要我为他服务
But the president prefers for me to serve him personally.
你不用担心罗尼
Don’t you worry about Ronnie.
我会安排好的
I’ll take care of that.
那么下周见 带上你的妻子
So we’ll see you next week. You and your wife.
我的妻子
My Wife?
是叫歌♥莉娅 对吗
It’s… It’s Gloria, yes?
-是的 夫人 -好
– Yes, ma’am. – Yes.
这里就是门厅
Here’s the Entrance Hall.
真美
Beautiful.
您要来杯香槟吗 盖恩斯先生
Can I get you a glass of champagne, Mr. Gaines?
-闭嘴 -遵命
– Shut up. – Right.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
欢迎美国总统和第♥一♥夫♥人♥
the President and First Lady of the United States.
被服侍和服侍人的感觉很不一样
It was different sitting at the table instead of serving it.
截然不同
Real different.
我能看到管家们为生存而练就的两幅面孔
I could see the two faces the butlers wore to survive.
而我的一生也也不过这两幅面孔
And I knew I’d lived my life with those same two faces.
歌♥莉娅看起来很开心 我却无法感同身受
Gloria looked so happy, but I didn’t feel the same way.
我希望我们能真正被接纳 而不是政♥治♥作秀
I guess I wished we were there for real instead of for show.
祝大家好胃口 开动吧
I think that’s bon appetit, everybody.
你的黑老母
You black mother…
我想把话说得明白点
I want to make myself clear on this issue.
如果国会通过了对南非的制裁法案
If Congress passes sanctions against South Africa,
我将不得不动用否决权
I will be forced to veto those sanctions.
总统先生 我们觉得那会是个大错误
Well, Mr. President, we feel that that would be a major mistake.
南非对黑人♥民♥众的残忍♥镇♥压♥使这件事
The brutal repression of South African black citizens
不再仅仅是外交政策的问题
makes this no longer a foreign policy issue,
已经牵扯到美国种族问题了
but a United States racial issue.
我们是和你同党派的参议员
We’re senators from your own party.
所以我们才会坦诚地告诉你
That’s why we feel so comfortable in letting you know
南非的人♥权♥问题就是一团糟
that South Africa is a human rights disaster.
黑人挨打 受虐待
Black people are being beaten, tortured,
吃枪子儿 横尸马路中♥央♥
gunned down in the middle of the street.
美国人在电视上看到这一切
Americans see all this on TV,
他们被种族隔离吓坏了
they’re horrified by apartheid.
我决心已定
I’ve made my decision.
总统先生 您世界领袖的名声岌岌可危
Mr. President, your reputation as a world leader is at stake.
美国在种族问题上
United States of America needs to be

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!