幸运的话一年
A year if we’re lucky.
我们有一个实验性的疗程
There is an experimental program that we’ve been conducting
但不要抱太大希望
and I don’t wanna get your hopes up
只是觉得你比较适合来试试看
but I think you would be an excellent candidate
医生
Hey, doc.
怎么了
Yes?
你挡住我视线了
You’re blocking my view.
哦
Oh.
对不起
Sorry.
如果你有什么想问的
Anyway, if there’s any questions
不管什么时候 都可以来找我
day or night, you know where to find me.
有一个问题
One question.
当然 问吧
Sure, of course.
卡特 你有什么要问霍林斯医生的吗
Carter, you wanna ask dr. hollins something?
我其实对钱柏先生的病情不太了解
I mean, I’m not familiar with mr. chambers’…
那就去了解一下
Well, get familiar.
我只是想知道我还能活多久 就这个
I just wanted to know how I stand, that’s all.
好的 那我先去看看你的病情报告
Sure. how about I’ll go take a look at your chart, okay?
谢谢
Thank you.
爱德华?
Edward?
爱德华?
Edward?
曾经有一项调查
There was a survey once.
一千名被调查者被问到否愿意
A thousand people were asked, if they could know in advance…
事先知道他们的死期
…would they want to know the exact day of their death.
96%的人不想
Ninety-six percent of them said no.
我我以为我就是那剩下的4%
I always kind of leaned toward the other 4 percent.
因为如果能知道自己的生命还剩多少
I thought it would be liberating…
将会是一种解脱
…knowing how much time you had left to work with.
最好的情况是1年
A year at best.
但其实…我不是
It turns out, it’s not.
想玩牌吗
You want to play cards?
以为你再也不会问了
Thought you’d never ask.
太阳高高升起
Rise and shine.
或者这样
Or that.
让我看看
Let me see that.
还有 汤马斯
And, uh, thomas…
打电♥话♥给克里斯蒂拍卖♥♥行的玛丽
call marie at christie’s and tell her
这个季度我不去竞拍了
I won’t be bidding this season.
知道了
I understand.
我不想冒犯你
Uh, sir, I don’t mean to sound indelicate
但你要我怎么处理你的…
but how do you want me to handle your?
遗产?
Death?
就当作你的遗产一样处理
Treat it as if it were your own.
把所有的钱都留给我的助理?
So leave all the money to my assistant?
去给我买♥♥块杏仁牛角面包
Go get me one of those almond croissants that I like.
给我挑好的
And don’t buy any green bananas.
-你在看什么 -这是什么
– what are you doing? – what is this?
-快还给我 -是什么
– come on, give it back. – what is it?
还给我
Give it back.
地上捡的 我又不知道这是国♥家♥机♥密♥
It was on the floor. I didn’t know it was a state secret.
我大一时 有个哲学教授
Well, my freshman philosophy professor
给我们布置过一份作业 关于人生规划
assigned this exercise in forward thinking.
叫做”遗愿清单”
He called it a “bucket list.”
我们要把一生中想做的事情列出一个清单
We were supposed to make a list of things we wanted to do
-在我们… -翘辫子之前
in our lives before we… – kicked the bucket.
真做作
Cutesy.
我列出来的是”成为百万富翁”
Anyway, I wrote things like “make a million dollars”
“当第一位黑人总统” 都是些年少轻狂的想法
“first black president,” you know, young man’s wishes.
我想重新列一张 但是…
I was gonna redo the list, but then…
“善意地帮助一位陌生人”
“help a complete stranger for the good.”
“大笑到流泪”
“laugh until I cry.”
不是要评论 但这也太弱了点
Not to be judgmental, but this is extremely weak.
现在也没什么用了
Well, it’s pointless now.
我要从反面跟你理论一下
I would argue the exact opposite.
好吧 就这样
All right. that’s it.
你在干嘛
What are you doing?
只是稍微改一下
A little rewrite, that’s all.
难道你不想去参加舞会 玩玩枪
I mean, don’t you want to go out with some balls? guns blazing?
找点乐子?
Have a little fun?
这可不是关于什么枪什么的
It was not supposed to be about guns blazing or anything like that.
你还没弄明白
You’re missing the point.
“欣赏宏伟的景色”这是什么鬼东西
What the hell is “witness something majestic”?
你有去过喜马拉雅山吗
Have you ever been to the himalayas?
“驾驶福特野马跑车” 这还不错
“drive a mustang shelby.” not bad.
想到一个 去跳伞怎么样
I got one. all right. how about skydiving?
现在我们有事做了
Now we’re onto something.
我们有事请做了?
We’re onto something?
-对啊 -让我看看 快点
– uh-huh. – let me see that. come on.
好
Fine.
“亲吻世界上最美的女孩”
“kiss the most beautiful girl in the world”?
你打算怎么做到
How do you propose doing that?
大亲特亲
Volume.
“刺一个纹身” 这就是你的勇气?
“get a tattoo.” is that the sum of your ambition?
爱德华 我写的可比你深刻
Edward, I’ve taken baths deeper than you.
比大一学生深刻是容易的
It’s easy to be deep in freshman philosophy.
霍林斯医生怎么说的
What’s dr. hollins say?
我们只有几个月了 对吗
We got months, right?
也许一年
A year, maybe.
你觉得45年过得很快吗
You think 45 years went by fast?
我们能去做这些事的
We could do this.
我们应该去完成这些愿望
We should do this.
不行 我不能
No, I couldn’t.
不要担心钱 我有的就是钱
Don’t think about money. that’s all I got is money.
但我不知道…
But I don’t know. I…
你不知道什么
What don’t you know?
我只是打比方而已
It was meant to be metaphorical.
-我只是想试着去处理… -全是废话
– I’m just trying to get a handle on… – blah, blah, blah.
打比方
Metaphors.
你光说不做 所以才会遗憾 现在机会来了
You’re the one crying you never took a shot. here’s your chance.
什么机会 把自己变成傻瓜
My chance to what? make a fool of myself?
永远不迟
Never too late.
你觉得接下来会怎么样
What do you think happens now?
我回去 然后听别人说一大堆
I go back and sit around listening to people
关于融♥资♥理财和次级贷款
talking about mezzanine financing and subordinated debt
假装关心很关心我那些该死的钱
pretending that I care about dead money.
你回到家去为你的死亡准备一个仪式
You go home to some ceremonial procession into death…
在你想安慰大家的时候
…with everyone standing around watching you die…
他们却都围着看你离去
…while you try to comfort them.
那就是你想要的吗 被怜悯和忧伤所充斥着
Is that what you want, to be smothered by pity and grief?
我可不想
Well, not me.
卡特 我相信在你的内心深处你也不想这样
And in your heart, carter, I believe not you either.
我们现在是同舟共济 这个比喻怎么样
We’re both in the same boat. how’s that for a metaphor?
我们现在有个很好的机会
We got a real opportunity here.
机会
Opportunity?
即使是对你来说 这么讲也太离谱
That is real twisted, even by your standards.
我们依然感觉不错 对吗 精力又回来了一点
We still feel good, right? energy’s coming back a little bit.
医生说没事了
Asymptomatic, the doc says.
照我的看法 我们可以躺在这儿
The way I see it, we can lay around here…
期待在某个烂科学实验中发生奇迹
…hoping for a miracle in some bullshit science experiment…
或者我们能更进一步
…or we can put some moves on.
跳伞 对吗
Skydiving, huh?
太好了
All right.
这是什么医院 居然连个医学博士都没有
What kind of hospital is this? there isn’t an m.d. within a mile.
弗吉尼亚 我们得谈一下
Virginia, we have to talk.
医院怎么说的
What did they say?
钱柏太太 你们谈 我出去一下
Uh, mrs. chambers, I’m gonna give you two a little quiet time.
请原谅
Excuse me.
情况不太好
It’s not good.
我就知道我们应该去加州大学附属医院
I knew we should have gone to ucla.
那儿的外科医生和手术水平都更好
The surgeons are better. post-op is better.