麻醉时别让我清醒着
don’t let me wake up paralyzed.
我会竭我所能
I’ll do what I can.
这真的是你的医院吗
This really your hospital?
是的 没错
Yeah, pretty much.
难喝的豌豆汤需要改进一下
Might wanna do something about the pea soup.
在早上的手术时发现
By the morning of the surgery,
癌症已经扩散到爱德华的全身
the cancer had spread so far throughout edward’s body
医生们估计他只有5%的希望能活下来
that the doctors gave him only a 5 percent chance to survive
但他们却未曾估计到他对他们有多生气
But then, they didn’t account for how pissed off they’d made him.
没有人来看他吗
No visitors come in to see him?
手术结束后他就一直睡着
He’s been sleeping a lot since they brought him back.
哦
Mm.
我亲自来护理你 还有一个原因
That’s another reason I don’t miss nursing.
你看病人要是那样 是多么可怜啊
It’s always so sad seeing a patient like that,
还独自一人 挺过手术
all alone after that kind of surgery.
至少他不唠叨
At least he’s quiet.
瑞秋今早来过电♥话♥
Rachel called this morning.
真的? 她怎么样
Really? how’s she doing?
她在为下学期在交响乐团当首席小提琴手做准备
She’s auditioning for first violin in next semester’s symphony.
那真是太好了
That’s wonderful.
还要书吗
Need any more books?
不用了 我很好
No, I’m… I’m fine.
今晚的药拿到了吗
Got your meds for the night?
嗯 我已经吃过了
Mm-hm. I already took them.
枕头怎么样
How about pillows?
我很好 弗吉尼亚 真的 谢谢你
I’m fine, virginia, really. thank you.
如果你愿意的话 我可以陪你待一会儿
You know, I could stay a while if you want me to.
没必要把你也给拖累了 对吗
No use both of us being useless in the morning, right?
好吧
Okay.
她走了?
She gone?
什么
What?
作为公共健康专家之流
As something of a public health expert,
我相信更多的人死于探望者 而胜过死于疾病
I believe more people die from visitors than diseases
这种草莓 600块
“it’s the berries,” for 600.
这种瑞典草莓和越橘一样享有盛名
This swedish berry is also known as the cowberry.
-越桔又是什么 -越桔又是什么
– what is a lingonberry? uh, what is a lingonberry?
正确 这种草莓 800块
Correct! “it’s the berries,” for 800.
1956年热卖♥♥前40名中 这草莓告诉贝多芬转存
In a top 40 hit of 1956, this “berry” told beethoven to roll over.
谁是查克.贝瑞
Who is chuck berry?
谁是查克.贝瑞 对
Who is chuck berry? yes.
嘿
Hey.
杜克
Duke?
你介意吗
You mind?
哦 对不起
Oh. sorry. no.
-什么是马里亚那海沟 -什么是马里亚那海沟
– what is the mariana trench? – what is the mariana trench?
早上好 爱德华
Good morning, edward.
-早 -感觉怎么样
– morning. – how you feeling?
明摆着呢
Dumb question.
导管怎么样
How’s that catheter?
真不知道没有它的时候我是怎么过来的
Don’t know how I ever did without it.
幽默是个好兆头
Ah, humor is a good sign.
你去死吧
Kiss my ass.
太粗鲁了 这是你最大的爱好了 对吧
As is surliness. it’s one of your favorite flavors, right?
-对 -看看这里怎么样
– yeah. – let’s see what we got here.
看起来不错
It looks good.
手术很顺利 好吗
All right, so the operation went well, okay?
所有的术后脑扫描都很干净
All the post-op brain scans are clean.
现在我们要乘胜追击你体内剩余的肿瘤
Now we go after the sarcoma in the rest of your body.
不幸的是 你的血压很高
Now, unfortunately, your blood markers are extremely high,
我希望今早我们就开始化疗
so I would like to begin chemo this morning.
喜欢早上化疗的味道
Love the smell of chemo in the morning.
现代启示录 对吗
Apocalypse now, right?
让我感觉像个胜利者
Makes me feel like victory!
-我等会儿和你去办手续 -好的
– I’ll check in with you later. – all right.
喂 大夫? 大夫?
Say, doc? doc?
你可以来看一下…
You think you could just take a look at…?
-对不起 我迟到了 你的医生是谁 -盖比安医生
– sorry, I’m late. who’s your doctor? – he’s dr. gibian.
我告诉护士
I’ll let the nurse know.
谢谢
Appreciate it.
婊♥子♥ 不是吗
Bitch, ain’t it?
-夸克是什么 -夸克是什么
– what are quarks? – what are quarks?
你在这儿多久了
how long you been here?
进进出出几个月了
In and out over the past few months.
把我当成试验品
got me on an experimental treatment.
-二元方程式是什么 -二元方程式是什么
– what is the quadratic equation? what is the quadratic equation?
有多痛苦
How rough is it?
化疗?
Chemo?
不是很糟
Not too bad.
只要你不介意昼夜不停的呕吐
If you don’t mind around-the-clock vomiting…
看着你的血管变黑
…watching your veins turn black…
感觉骨头像是汽油胶化剂做的一样
…and feeling like your bones are made of napalm…
与在海滩上度假一日无异
…it’s a day at the beach.
那真是种欣慰
That’s a relief.
当然 我听说每个人的反应都不一样
Of course, I hear people react to it differently.
今晚你自己就知道了
You’ll know by tonight.
今晚?
Tonight?
听着
Listen, um…
是否介意我八卦一下
…you don’t mind my asking…
那边那个奇妙的装置是什么
…what is that contraption you got over there?
是虹吸壶 煮咖啡用的
It’s a siphon. makes coffee.
它还能干些什么
What else does it do?
它还能干些什么呢
What else does it have to do?
你是否知道咖啡最初是由埃塞俄比亚的
Did you know that coffee was originally discovered
一个牧羊人所发现的
by a shepherd in ethiopia?
-不必说了 -是真的
– you don’t say. – it’s true.
好像是他的山羊在一个陌生的灌木丛中吃浆果
Seems his goats were eating berries from an unfamiliar bush.
没过多久 羊就到处跑跑跳跳
Before long, they were running and jumping all over…
度过了一段欢欣雀跃的时光
…having a gay old time.
于是牧羊人带了一些树枝回到当地的修道院
So the shepherd took some of the branches to the local monastery
修道院长决定把树枝烤熟
where the abbots decided to roast them.
烤着烤着
When the berries burned
里面的豆子散发出了浓郁的香气
the beans inside gave off such a pleasant aroma
他们把豆子放入炖锅中酿造
they brewed them into a stew.
炖锅
Stew, huh?
随后的几百年里 咖啡流传到了阿♥拉♥伯 欧洲…
And over the next few hundred years, it spread to arabia, europe…
甚至苏门答腊岛 正如你从那儿买♥♥的烈酒一样
…even sumatra, like that hooch you got over there.
它叫做鲁哇克香猫咖啡
It’s called kopi luwak.
我知道它的名字
I know what it’s called.
是吗
You do?
从来没人逮住过我喝那玩意儿
Never catch me drinking that shit.
你喝过吗
Have you ever tried it?
没有 我更钟情于速溶咖啡
No. I’m more of a instant-coffee man.
来 我来帮你
Here, here we are.
-谢谢 -不客气
– thanks. – no problem.
好了 给
There you are.
你一直有雀斑吗
You always had those freckles?
是的
Far as I know.
挺好看的雀斑
Nice freckles
嗯
Hmm.
好了 我们有培根火腿和甜瓜 还有些意大利布拉塔干酪
Okay, we got prosciutto and melons, some burrata mozzarella…
和一块小牛排
…and a veal paillard.
都是上好的意大利传统膳食
The folks at toscana send their best.
你要全部吃完吗
You sure you wanna eat all that?
是这么打算的
That’s the plan.
什么
What?
哦…
Oh, uh…
要汤马斯给你也来一盘嘛
You want thomas to make you a plate?
汤米 弄一盘给…
Tommy, uh, fix a plate for, uh…
卡特
Carter.
是姓还是名?
First name or last?