and aroma.”
你这是恶心我
You’re shitting me.
还是猫提点了我
Cats beat me to it.
-有笔吗 给我支笔 -什么
– you got a pen? give me a pen. – what?
什么
What?
给你
Here.
还没完呢
It’s not finished.
这可不是一人计划
It’s not a one-man deal.
恐怕是的了
I’m afraid it’ll have to be.
我们准备就绪了
We’re ready.
我会在这里等你出来的
I’ll be here when you get back.
听起来真棒
Sounds good to me.
亲爱的爱德华 在最后的日子里 我一直在犹豫
Dear edward, I’ve gone back and forth the last few days
是不是该给你写这封信
trying to decide whether or not I should even write this.
最后 我意识到如果我没有写的话 我将抱憾终身
In the end, I realized I would regret it if I didn’t
所以我就写了
so here goes.
我知道我们最后一次在一起时
I know the last time we saw each other
没有完成那份清单
we weren’t exactly hitting the sweetest notes.
这真的不是我希望旅行结束的方式
It certainly wasn’t the way I wanted the trip to end.
我觉得责任在我 所以很抱歉
I suppose I’m responsible, and for that I’m sorry.
但是说实话 如果有机会重来 我还是会那么做
But, in all honesty, if I had the chance, I’d do it again.
弗吉尼亚说我撇开了一个陌生人 回来继续做她的老公
Virginia said I left a stranger and came back a husband.
这都归功于你
I owe that to you.
对于你为我做的一切 我没什么好报答的
There’s no way I can repay you for all you’ve done for me
所以我试着
so rather than try,
想让你再为我做一件事
i’m just going to ask you to do something else for me.
找到你生命中的真谛
Find the joy in your life.
你曾经说过 你不代表所有人
You once said you’re not everyone.
是啊
Well, that’s true.
你当然不是所有人
You’re certainly not everyone.
但是每个人 就是所有人
But everyone is everyone.
我父母常说 “我们的生活就像溪水…
My parents always says, “our lives are streams…
殊途同归
flowing into the same river
朝着远秋雾霭中天堂的方向 行进吧”
towards whatever heaven lies in the mist beyond the falls.”
嗨 亲爱的
Hello, sweetie. hi.
找到你生命中的真谛 爱德华
Find the joy in your life, edward.
我亲爱的挚友
My dear friend
闭上双眼 让流水带你归去吧
close your eyes and let the waters take you home.
下午好 我是爱德华.寇尔
Good afternoon. my name is edward cole.
我不知道大部分人在这种场合会说什么 因为…
I don’t know what most people say at these occasions, because…
说实话 我…
in all honesty, i…
我一直都很逃避
I’ve tried to avoid them.
简单地说…
The simplest thing is…
我爱他 我想他
i loved him and I miss him.
卡特和我一起游遍了整个世界
Carter and I saw the world together.
那真是太美妙了
Which is amazing.
尤其是 在三个月前
when you think that only three months ago
我们还完全是陌生的两个人
we were complete strangers.
我希望…
I hope…
这听来不会让你们觉得我很自私
that it doesn’t sound selfish of me…
但是他生命中的最后几个月
but the last months of his life
是我生命里最快乐的日子
were the best months of mine.
他拯救了我的生活
He saved my life.
而且在我做之前 他就已经知道
And he knew it before I did.
我真为这个男人感到骄傲…
I’m deeply proud that this man…
他觉得他值得来解读我
found it worth his while to know me.
最后…
In the end…
我可以很肯定地说
i think it’s safe to say that
我们给别人的生活带去了快乐
we brought some joy to one another’s lives.
所有 某一天
So, one day, when…
当我最后的安息时
i go to some final resting place
如果我碰巧醒转 看到一扇生命之门时
if I happen to wake up next to a certain wall with a gate
我希望卡特就在那儿
i hope that Carter’s there
等着我
to vouch for me
给我看绳索的另一端
and show me the ropes on the other side.
爱德华.佩瑞曼.寇尔在5月去世
Edward perriman cole died in may.
那是星期天的下午
It was a sunday, in the afternoon
天空万里无云
and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky.
他享年81岁
He was 81 years old.
即便是现在 我还是无法明白生命的度量
Even now, I can’t claim to understand the measure of a life.
但我可以这样告诉你
but I can tell you this
我知道当他离去之时 他的双眼是闭着的
I know that when he died, his eyes were closed
而他的心灵却是敞开的
and his heart was open.
而且我很确定 他对安息地非常满意
And I’m pretty sure he was happy with his final resting place
因为他被埋在了山顶
because he was buried on the mountain
而那却是违法的
and that was against the law.