Fletcher is much, much junior to you, of course,
按照传统他应该先致辞
and, uh, as such, his speech would come first,
你压轴
and yours last.
当然。
Absolutely.
但你知道孩子们对大卫的感情
But, uh, you know how the boys feel about David.
他们喜欢他
They adore him.
喜欢的不得了
They simply adore him.
明天学生们可能
Now, there could well be a terrific display
会非常激动
of emotion tomorrow,
所以我很难能不拖延时间
which would be difficult for me to cut short.
弗莱彻简直是运动天才
Fletcher’s simply racing to his ton.
所以你希望明天让我先致辞吗
So, uh, do you wish me to speak first?
安德鲁 做这个请求我非常苦恼 真的
Well, I feel wretched about asking you this, Andrew.
但是你知道致辞
I really do. But, you know, a thing
必须在恰当的时刻达到高♥潮♥
that must come to a proper climax.
你一定也同意我的观点
You know, I’m sure you’d agree with me there.
你可以理解吧 劳拉
You understand, don’t you, Laura?
当然了校长,
Well, naturally, Headmaster,
我可不希望收尾变得扫兴
I would not wish to provide an anticlimax.
所以我会先致辞
I’ll speak first.
别介意,安德鲁。
Don’t take it amiss, Andrew.
不是针对你,孩子终归是孩子嘛
Nothing personal, boys will be boys.
比起学者
I mean, they’d much rather applaud
他们更愿意为运动员喝彩
the, the sportsman than the scholar.
这是他们天性
It’s only natural.
并非针对个人 我向你保证
It’s quite impersonal, I promise you.
干得好,汤姆,干得好!
Well played, Tom, well played!
还有这种可能性
And the possibility
大卫有可能会打出第100个得分球
of a century here for David Fletcher.
– 劳拉?-啊。
– Laura? – Ah.
是的,戴安娜。-弗莱彻的击球技术不是很好吗?
Yes, Diana. – Isn’t Fletcher batting superbly?
太棒了但我得告诉你,
Oh, uh, just fantastic, but I got to tell you,
每次他击球,
every time he hits the ball,
我想他会扔下球棒跑到一垒。
I think he’s gonna drop the bat and run to first base.
– 真的吗-天啊他得了95分了
– Oh, really. – Good heavens, he’s 95.
这一球可能会得第100分
This could be his hundred.
那是弗莱彻的第100分
Yes, that’s 100 up for Fletcher.
100分。
100 runs.
可能是喝茶前的最后一轮投球
Tea, I think, everybody, before the rush.
– 好主意-我想来点柠檬。
– Terrifically good idea. – I’d love some lemon.
茶和蛋糕?
Mm, tea and cakes?
你来喝茶吗?
Are you coming to tea?
如果你不介意的话,我宁愿多看一会儿板球。
I’d rather watch a little more cricket if you don’t mind.
弗兰克?
Uh, Frank?
请你护送劳拉去喝茶好吗?
Could you escort Laura to tea, please?
– 当然-谢谢。
– Sure. – Thank you.
女士们先生们如你们所知,
Ladies and gentlemen, as you know,
学校支持许多慈善机构,
the school supports many charities,
还有一些我们支持的慈善机构
and some of the charities that we do support
今天将会在教堂外开放摊位
will have stands in and around the chapel today
这样你就能看到
so that you can see the sort of work
学校用钱资助的项目
that the school is doing with the money — (bat thuds)
先生?
Sir?
先生?
Sir?
很抱歉打扰您先生,
Uh, I’m sorry to disturb you, sir,
但是,但是我想见你。
but, but I did want to see you.
打扰我,真的。
Disturb me, indeed.
怎么样?
Well?
嗯。
Um.
嗯,塔普洛?
Well, Taplow?
我..。
I…
我想你可能会对这个感兴趣,先生。
I thought this might interest you, sir.
《阿伽门农》的初译本
First translation of the “Agamemnon”, sir.
天啊。
Good heavens.
布朗宁版本。
The Browning version.
我翻阅过
I’ve glanced at it.
但觉得没那么好
I don’t think it’s much good, but…
我知道这版有一些错误
I agree, the translation has its faults,
但我希望在你了解了
but I think you’ll enjoy it more
布朗宁翻译时的标准后
when you become more familiar with the metre
会更享受阅读的
that Robert Browning employs.
很有意思,塔普洛。
Very interesting, Taplow.
找你的,先生。
It’s for you, sir.
为了我?
For me?
是的,先生,我,我已经写在上面了。
Yes, sir, I, I’ve written in it.
这是你… 买♥♥的吗?
Did you… buy this?
是的,先生,这只是二手货。
Yes, sir, it’s only secondhand.
你不该乱花钱的
You shouldn’t spend your pocket money in that way.
没关系。
That’s all right.
不是很多。
It wasn’t very much.
价钱标签没有在书里吧
The price isn’t still inside, is it?
没有。
No.
只有你写的字
Only what you wrote.
没有其他的了
Nothing else.
怎么了,先生?
What’s the matter, sir?
我重音写错了吗
Have I put the accents wrong?
没有。
No.
末音节长音词完全正确
The perispomenon is perfectly correct.
原谅我,
Forgive me,
塔普洛,我..。
Taplow, I’ve…
我最近压力很大。
I’ve been under rather a strain.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
我明白。
I understand.
好吧。
Well…
再见,先生。
good bye, sir.
祝你好运。
And the best of luck.
喝茶时间
That’s teal!
女士们先生们,
Ladies and gentleman,
裁判已经倒好了茶
the umpire has called tea,
欢迎到用餐大厅内享用
which will be taken in the large dining marquee
就在教堂的入口处
near the entrance to the chapel.
克罗克-哈里斯先生?
Mr. Crocker-Harris?
打扰一下先生。
Uh, excuse me, sir.
你还记得我们吗,先生?
Do you remember us, sir?
不要告诉我,不要告诉我。
Now, don’t tell me, don’t tell me.
等一下。
Wait a moment.
特里默 你是牛顿
Trimmer, and you’re Newton.
没错
– Yes, sir. – Yes, sir.
我们刚才看到你
We just saw you there, sir,
就想过来打声招呼
thought we’d say hello, sir.
你俩现在做什么呢
And what have you two been up to?
我在银行工作,先生。
I’m in banking, sir.
我是国家西部银行的总经理
Actually, I’m the Managing Director of National Western.
真的吗?
Are you, indeed?
我在军队里,长官。
And I’m in the Army, sir.
通讯兵
Communications.
通讯啊
Communications, eh?
我猜不会是用古希腊文吧
But not in classical Greek, I fancy.
其实牛顿是英国♥军♥队里
Well, actually, sir, Newton’s the youngest
最年轻的陆军准将
Brigadier in the British Army.
原来如此 恭喜 稍息 陆军准将
Indeed? Congratulations, stand easy, Brigadier.
哦。
Oh.
很高兴见到你们俩。
Well, it’s very nice to see you both.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
我看到弗莱彻拿到了100分
I see Fletcher got his 100, sir.
这是意料之中的事。
Oh, well, it’s only to be expected.
他是一个出色的球员。
He’s a superb player.
而且,而且是
And, and quite, uh,
非常好看的球赛
quite beautiful to watch, isn’t he?
是的。
Yes.
好吧,祝你继续成功。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!