但如果你们今天不听话他仍可向我报告
but he can still report your misdoings to me today.
我放了150毫升
I put 150 millilitres
过氧化氢溶液倒入这个瓶中
of hydrogen peroxide solution in this water bottle.
比格尔斯今天早上流鼻血了
Biggles had a nosebleed this morning
并且很慷慨地献了这些血。
and was kind enough to donate this blood.
所以我们只需要把它和过氧化氢混合。
So we’ll just mix this with the hydrogen peroxide solution.
比格尔斯,这个罐子里装的是什么?
Biggles, what do we got in this jar here?
硫酸亚铁
Iron sulphate.
没错,尼克,你能告诉我
That’s right, Nick, could you tell me
硫酸亚铁的化学式?
the chemical formula for iron sulphate?
FeSO4,长官。
FeSO4, sir.
非常好。
That’s very good.
等等。
Now, hang on.
这种情况以前从未发生过。
Well, now this has never happened before.
嗯,孩子们,我想你们现在应该退后。
Um, boys, I think you ought to just back off now.
哦..。
Oh…
你的血液里有什么比格斯?
What do you got in your blood, Biggs?
好了,孩子们,你们接下来想做什么?
Okay, boys, what do you want to do next?
你。
You there.
你想要什么?
What do you want?
滚开,塔普洛。
Piss off, Taplow.
好了,别说了。
All right, knock it off.
你今天早上想见我。
You tried to see me this morning.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
你为什么老跟着我?
Well, why are you following me around?
你是中情局 3K党还是军情五处
You with the CIA, KGB, MI-57?
都不是 我是10年级学生
No, sir, the lower fifth, sir.
同样的事。
Same thing.
你叫什么名字,孩子?
What’s your name, boy?
塔普洛,长官。
Taplow, sir.
如果我下学期拿到开关,我就去上你的课。
I’ll be in your class next term if I get my switch.
这不是下学期,这是这个学期。
This isn’t next term, this is this term.
快走吧。
Vamoose.
滚出去。
Get out of here.
塔普洛。
Taplow.
乙醇的化学式是什么?
What’s the, uh, the chemical formula for ethanol?
C2H50H,先生。
C2H50H, sir.
出去吧
Rouse! Get out of here!
喂,塔普洛。
Oi, Taplow.
你会知道的。
You’ll know.
老家伙怎么了
What’s up with the Crock?
为什么非要退休
Why’s he being forced to retire?
他没有任何问题。
There’s nothing wrong with him.
主任只是想解聘他如此而已
The head just wanted to give him the chop, that’s all.
我知道是怎么回事
I know exactly what it is.
一天晚上,十年来的第一次,
One night, first time for about ten years,
他跟他太太上了床 然后心脏病发
he had it away with his wife, and it gave him a heart attack.
发作了两次吧
It’s you, I should think.
不,不是他的心脏。
No, it’s not his heart.
如果他有什么问题的话,可能是痔疮。
If there’s anything wrong with him, it’s probably piles.
当然是痔疮 屁♥股♥上总会长
Of course, it’s piles. It always gets ’em in the end.
布勒 别幼稚了
Grow up, Butler.
不是痔疮 是心脏
It’s not piles, it’s his heart.
不可能是心脏
It can’t be his heart.
他根本没有心
He hasn’t got one.
没错,希♥特♥勒♥是个虐待狂。
Right, Hitler’s a sadist.
别说了,孩子们,我真的不感兴趣。
Cut it out, boys, I’m not really interested.
是他的心脏,先生。
It is his heart, sir.
我课外跟他补习
I have extra lessons with him.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
反正虐待狂是没有心的。
Sadists don’t have hearts anyway.
你是否打算负责特殊项目?
Are you going to be running special projects?
是的,我想是的。
Yes, I believe so.
事实是我们都想创办一本杂♥志♥,
Well, the fact is, we both want to start a magazine,
你来分配资金,先生。
and you allocate the funds, sir.
克罗克-哈里斯先生仍然是负责人,不是吗?
Mr. Crocker-Harris is still in charge, isn’t he?
所以他应该解决这个问题。
So he should settle this.
先生你看,
Well, sir, you see,
克罗克-哈里斯先生总是对任何新事物说“不”。
Mr. Crocker-Harris always says “no” to anything new.
我不认为他讨厌人。
I don’t think he does hate people.
我觉得他也不喜欢人。
I don’t think he likes people, either.
他不在乎别人是否喜欢他。
And he doesn’t care whether people like him.
那么我会说他对这个世界毫不在乎。
Then I’d say he hasn’t a care in the world.
“你所得到的正是你应得的,几分耕耘”-
“You’ve obtained exactly what you deserve, no less”-
“几分收获”
“And certainly no more.”
– 我认为 —“你们得到的正是——”
– I think — – [In unison] “You’ve obtained exactly —
如果他给我们一个机会
If he gave us a chance —
“几分耕耘 几分收获”
“No less, and certainly no more.”
我想我们会很喜欢他的。
I think we’d quite like him.
现在,我不会再说第二遍。
– And now, I won’t tell you again.
事实是,
The fact is,
我很同情他
I feel sorry for him.
同情老希♥特♥勒♥?
Sorry for old Hitler?
你个马屁精,塔普洛!
You little ass crawler, Taplow!
住手,马上住手!
Stop, stop it now!
够了!
That’s enough!
早上好,先生。
Good morning, sir.
我是吉尔伯特。
I’m Gilbert.
早上好。
Good morning.
威尔逊。
Wilson.
先生?
Sir?
很明显你晨祷时迟到了
Apparently you were late for chapel.
就几秒钟。
Just a few seconds.
我,我在图书馆,你听不到铃♥声♥。
I, I was in the library, and you can’t hear the bell.
毫无疑问你可以把这些借口
No doubt you will recount those excuses
说给舍监听
to your housemaster.
恐怕我对此没有兴趣
I fear I’m not interested in them.
老师
Sir.
这些是你们的拉丁文翻译
These are your Latin verses.
只有布勒的努力 还有点成绩
Only one boy’s efforts, Butler’s, had any merit
但有点令人怀疑
and that somewhat doubtful.
其他人的都糟透了
The rest were mainly abominable.
我看这堂课
It seems to me that the best way
前半段最好
of employing the first part of this period
还是让你们重新写
would be for all of you to attempt the verse again.
如果你们发现
And if you should find the disturbance
上五年级的科学太让人分心了,
from the upper fifth science too distracting,
你们可以自勉做个好的古典文学家
you may console yourselves, as good classicists,
可改写这句格言安慰自己
with the thought that, to amend an aphorism,
塔普洛?
Taplow?
什么事,先生?
Yes, sir?
你嘲笑我的小警句。
You laughed at my little epigram.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
我真开心你的拉丁文
I’m flattered at the obvious advance
有明显的进步
your Latin has made
竟然能听懂
that you should so readily understand
其他人都听不懂的句子
what the rest of the class did not.
或许你可以解释给大家听
Perhaps you would be good enough to explain it to them
这样他们就能分享你的乐趣了
so that they can share your pleasure.
来吧,塔普洛。
Come along, Taplow.
别那么吝啬
Don’t be so selfish
只自己一个人乐
as to keep a good joke to yourself.
告诉其他人。
Tell the others.
我没听清楚,先生。
I didn’t hear it properly, sir.
你没听到吗?
You didn’t hear it?
的确,那么我可以问一下,你为什么要笑吗?
Indeed, then why, may I ask, did you laugh?
你为什么对自己没听到的笑?
Why did you laugh at what you did not hear?
出于礼貌,先生。
Politeness, sir.
你说什么?
I beg your pardon?
出于礼貌,先生。
Politeness, sir.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!