我不知道,我只是想问问。
I don’t know, I’m just going to ask.
你在图书馆工作?
You work in the library?
哦,一周只有两天。
Oh, just two days a week.
我得去看望父母
Now, I have to see parents.
希望你可以管理声音系统
I’d like you supervise the sound system.
– 好的-我们需要
– All right. – We need about
20个扩音器和..。
20 Tannoys and…
早上好,劳拉。
Good morning, Laura.
你好劳拉。
Hello, Laura.
请原谅我的打扰。
Excuse me for interrupting.
这位是基思·凯斯洛夫帝科学系主任
This is, uh, Keith Rafferty, Head of Sciences,
重要人物 还有弗兰克 · 亨特。
frightfully important, and Frank Hunter.
汤姆 · 吉尔伯特,安德鲁的接♥班♥人
Tom Gilbert, Andrew’s successor.
你好你好。
Hello, hello.
你好,校长
Hello, the headmaster
让我带你去你的房♥间。
asked me to show you to your room.
如果你不介意的话。
If you don’t mind.
不,一点也不。
No, not at all.
听说你过去常在牛津划船
I hear you did a bit of rowing up at Oxford.
哦,上帝,又是一个运动员。
Oh, God, another sportsman.
校长喜欢他们的员工。
The head loves them on the staff.
我等着看谁会赢得温布尔登比赛
I’m waiting to see who wins Wimbledon.
我们需要有人接替弗兰克的化学课
We’ll need somebody to take over from Frank in chemistry
等弗兰克去了美国
when he goes back to the colonies.
我们必须保持身材,不是吗?
Well, we must keep our bodies in shape, mustn’t we?
先生?
Sir?
我能和你谈谈吗。
Um, I was wondering if I could have a word with you.
当然不行 铃♥声♥都响过了没时间了
Certainly not, the bell’s gone, it’s too late.
没错,去上课
That’s right, cut along.
老师
Sir?
去上课
Cut along.
弗兰克,我们已经不说”去上课”了。
Frank, we don’t say “cut along” anymore.
没有? 怎么说呢?
Oh, we don’t? What, what do we say?
我们说,“滚开。”
We say, “Fuck off.”
记住,别欺负这些大个子
And remember, don’t bully the big boys.
挑瘦小的 比较安全
Pick on the little ones, it’s safer.
– 祝你好运-谢谢。
– Good luck. – Thank you.
我该跟克罗克-哈里斯先生打个招呼。
I should say hello to Mr. Crocker-Harris.
哦,嗯。
Oh, um.
听着你可以晚点再跟他谈我是说,
Listen, you can talk to him later, I mean,
我们不想让校长久等。
we don’t want to keep the headmaster waiting.
好吧。
Okay.
来吧,我带你去看你的宿舍
Come on, I’ll show you where you’re sleeping.
老师
Sir.
我打扰你了吗,先生?
Do I disturb you, sir?
也许吧。
Perhaps.
我知道规矩
I know the rules, sir,
但这对我来说很重要。
but it’s very important to me.
我有没有..?
Have I…?
我可以转去高年级的科学班吗
Have I got my switch to upper fifth science, sir?
你得到了你应得的东西
You have obtained exactly what you deserve
几分耕耘 几份收获
no less, and certainly no more.
塔普洛 我12点15点整
And, Taplow, I shall expect you at the house
在家等你来补习
for extra work at 12:15, precisely.
怎么了
What is it?
我约了去打高尔夫
I’d fixed to play golf, sir.
那就取消啊
Well, then you must unfix it, mustn’t you?
上周你缺了一小时课
You missed an hour last week.
总不能拿你♥爸♥的钱
You can’t expect me to take money
却不做事啊
from your father under false pretences.
他不会介意的,先生。
He won’t mind, sir.
我可不敢相信你的话,塔普洛。
I’m not sure I should take your word for that, Taplow.
好的
No, sir.
关键是我们介意,不是吗?
The point is that we mind, don’t we?
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
我们介意。
We mind.
12点15点来补习
12:15, extra work.
听说你是交换老师
And you’re an exchange, I take it?
是的。
Yup.
刚结束第一年教学我要在这里待三年。
Just finished my first year, I’m here for three.
你喜欢吗?
Do you like it?
是的,那是个教书的好地方。
Yeah, it’s a great place to teach.
你只能感受到历史和传统。
You just feel the history, the tradition.
我第一次来面试的时候,他们把我安排在这里。
They put me up here when 1 first came for my interview.
我一夜没合眼。
I didn’t sleep a wink.
我想这些床可以追溯到1667年。
The beds also date back to 1667, I think.
没问题,只住两晚而已
I’ll be fine, it’s only for two nights.
你结婚了吗?
Are you married?
是的。
Yes.
有孩子?
Kids?
是的,两个,下学期我们都会在这里。
Yes, two, we’ll all be here next term.
你找到住的地方了吗?
Have you found a place to stay?
是的,我们会住在克罗克·哈里斯的房♥子
Yes, we’re taking the Crocker-Harris house.
哦。
Oh.
是的,我们的大部分教室都在这栋楼里。
Yes, most of our classrooms are in this building.
继续,那里,那里。
Go on, there, there.
在这里,这里是第五上层的科学,
Up here, up here is the upper fifth science,
亨特老师就在那里制♥造♥臭氧溶液
where Mr. Hunter manufactures foul-smelling concoctions
用他的变♥态♥方式教学
for his own perverted branch of learning.
不如古典文学那么变♥态♥
Well, not as perverted as the classics.
吉尔伯特先生难道不教
Won’t, uh, Mr. Gilbert be teaching the boys
强♥暴♥谋杀和乱♥伦♥吗
about rape and murder, incest?
才不是呢 亨特先生。
Unworthy, Mr. Hunter.
如果你们对古典文学有更多的了解你们这些科学家,
If you knew more about the classics, you scientists,
你可能不那么热心
you might be less keen
摧毁我们这个小小的星球。
to destroy this little planet of ours.
爱因斯坦不是说过,
Wasn’t it Einstein who said,
“我们没有正确地理解科学”?
“We don’t understand science properly”?
不,我相信他说的是,
No, I believe he said,
“我们不知道如何理智运用科学”
“We don’t know how to use it sensibly.”
祝您愉快,吉尔伯特先生。
Have a nice day, Mr. Gilbert.
要是他能多一点纪律就好了。
If only he had a little more discipline.
当然,你知道,他是个美国人。
Of course, he’s an American, you know.
该死,他来了。
Shit, he’s coming.
孩子们 克罗克·哈里斯老师还没来吗?
Now, boys, Mr. Crocker-Harris not here yet?
没有,长官。
No, sir.
还有六分钟,长官。
Six minutes to go, yet, sir.
还有六分钟。
Ah, six minutes.
你好,沃森,你父亲怎么样了?
Hello, Watson, how’s your father?
他很好,谢谢你,先生。
Um, he’s quite well, thank you, sir.
但我的名字是威尔逊,先生。
But my name’s Wilson, sir.
威尔逊,真的吗?
Wilson, is it really?
但是你父亲还是一样好,是吗?
But your father’s all right just the same, is he?
是的,谢谢你,先生。
Yes, thank you, sir.
他现在已经干透了。
He’s quite dried out now.
好吧,好吧。
Well, well.
孩子们,这是吉尔伯特先生。
Now, boys, this is Mr. Gilbert.
他将成为我们新语言系的系主任。
He’s going to be the Head of our new Languages Department.
我相信下学期留在这个班上的同学
I trust those of you who remain in this class next term
也会乖乖接受吉尔伯特老师的教导的
will be as well behaved with Mr. Gilbert
就像哈里斯老师教你们时一样
as I’m sure you were with Mr. Crocker-Harris.
早上好,孩子们。
Good morning, boys.
你可能会感兴趣
It might interest you
来旁听这节课 呃
to sit in on this period, Mister… Mister…?
– 吉尔伯特-是的 吉尔伯特老师
– Gilbert. – Gilbert, yes, Mr. Gilbert,
观察你未来的学生的表现
and observe your future pupils in action.
是的,如果我看到不规矩的,我会警告他。
Yes, if I see him, I’ll warn him.
谢谢你,先生。
Thank you, sir.
孩子们,注意吉尔伯特先生。
Pay attention to Mr. Gilbert, boys.
虽然他下学期才会正式接任职务
He doesn’t take over his official duties until next term,