Well, continued success to you.
– 你也是,先生-祝你好运,先生。
– And to you, sir. – Good luck, sir.
抱歉你要走了。
Sorry you’re leaving.
老天爷啊我看到这老家伙还是会害怕
God help me, I’m still terrified of the old bugger.
我也是。
Me, too.
打得好,弗莱彻,打得好。
Wonderful innings, Fletcher, well played.
– 谢谢,先生-太好了。
– Thank you, sir. – Splendid.
不好意思。
Excuse me.
我站在
Close behind me, so there I was
旅馆的走廊里一♥丝♥不♥挂♥还没有钥匙
in the hotel corridor, absolutely naked, and no key.
我真希望我当时在场。
I wish I’d been there.
安德鲁请坐。
Andrew, have a seat.
谢谢。
Oh, thank you.
– 谢谢-你好安德鲁。
Thank you. – Hello, Andrew.
你看起来很高兴啊。
You’re looking pleased with yourself.
你最近在忙什么?
What have you been up to?
最好别问,劳拉。
Best not to ask, Laura.
我看起来很有理由。
Well, I’m looking pleased with reason.
我想我刚刚收到了一份礼物。
I think I’ve just been given a present.
谁送的
Oh, by whom??
– 塔普洛-塔普洛?
– Taplow. – Taplow?
塔普洛真好
That’s fantastic, hey.
那么,礼物是什么?
So, what was the present?
罗伯特·布朗宁
Well, it’s, uh, a translation of the “Agamemnon”,
翻译的《阿伽门农》
by, uh, by Robert Browning.
– 嘿!-让我看看。
– Hey! – Let me see.
他还题了字
Oh, he’s inscribed it.
这意味着什么?
What does it mean?
亲爱的,上面写了什么?
Darling, what does it say?
我完全不懂。
Uh, it’s, uh, it’s all Greek to me.
吉尔伯特老师 请你给我们指点迷津好吗
Mr. Gilbert, can you enlighten us, please?
真不可思议。
How marvellous.
是六步格诗
It’s a hexameter.
是的,但这意味着什么呢?
Yes, but what does it mean?
我对布朗宁的版本
Well, I’m not familiar
不太熟悉
with the Browning version,
但大概的意思是
but, uh, roughly, uh, it translates as,
“上帝从远方仁慈地注视着
“God from afar looks graciously
一位文雅的大♥师♥”
upon a gentle master.”
哦,真贴心。
Oh, how sweet.
而且非常贴切。
And very apt.
难以想象一个男孩送我礼物。
Can’t imagine a boy giving me a present.
我也是。
Nor me.
这是一件非常美妙的事情,你不觉得吗?
A very wonderful thing to do, don’t you think?
– 是的-是的非常喜欢。
– Yes. – Yes, very much, so, yeah.
他,他用自己的零花钱买♥♥的。
And he, he bought it with his own pocket money.
题词是什么来着?
What was the inscription again?
“远处的上帝慈祥地看着我
“God from afar looks graciously
一位和善的大♥师♥”
upon a kind master.”
也许不是”和善的大♥师♥”
Well, perhaps not “kind master,”
而是文雅的大♥师♥
but “gentle master.”
是的我同意吉尔伯特先生的观点。
Yes, I agree, uh, with Mr. Gilbert.
我觉得文雅一词翻译得更好
I think “gentle” is a better translation.
好吧。
All right.
这是一个可爱的礼物。
It’s a lovely gift.
这礼物远比
I would rather have this present
其他东西都好
than anything else I could think of.
狡猾的小鬼。
Cunning little brat.
为什么要狡猾,劳拉?
Why cunning, Laura?
安德鲁,你没有酒。
Andrew, you don’t have any wine.
我可以给你一些香槟吗?
Can I give you some champagne?
为什么这么说 劳拉
Why cunning, Laura?
因为..。
Because…
昨天,我看到了塔普洛
Yesterday, I saw Taplow
给弗兰克模仿你的样子
doing an impersonation of you for Frank.
他在担心我会告诉
Well, obviously he was afraid that I would tell you,
你而你会惩罚他
and that you would put him on Cromwell’s,
或者阻止他转去弗兰克的班
or stop his switch
或者给他施以希♥特♥勒♥般的折磨
to Frank’s form, or some other Hitlerian torture.
这本书明显就是讨好你的 贴心礼物
The book is clearly an insurance policy, a sweetener.
贿赂。
A bribe.
我明白了。
I see.
劳拉,去告诉他那是个谎言。
Laura, go and tell him it was a lie.
当然不是。
Certainly not.
这不是谎言。
It wasn’t a lie.
那我就告诉他。
Then I’ll tell him.
如果我是你,我就不会那么做。
I wouldn’t do that if I were you.
他只会因为你的同情而恨你。
He’ll only hate you for your sympathy.
安德鲁不需要同情。
Andrew doesn’t need sympathy.
那是他的强项
That’s his strength.
安德鲁?
Andrew?
我想澄清一些关于塔普洛的事。
I want to make something clear about Taplow.
他对你有真挚的感情。
He has a genuine affection for you.
安德鲁请相信我。
Andrew, please believe me.
我觉得你应该珍惜那本书。
Well, I think you should treasure that book.
我此刻想要独处 谢谢
I’d rather like to be left alone at the moment, thank you.
你可以找到
You may find
它对你来说有特殊的意义。
that it’ll have a special meaning to you.
哦,是的,这将意味着什么。
Oh, yes, it will mean something.
它会让我想起自己的愚蠢。
It will remind me of my own foolishness.
这不是你应得的。
You don’t deserve this.
我是说..。
I mean…
他们对你向来不善
you’ve been treated badly, sir.
你是说学校?
By the school, you mean?
不仅仅是学校。
Not just by the school.
不要不要觉得自己懂得婚姻的秘密
Never, never presume to know the secrets of a marriage.
听我的建议
Take my advice, sir.
开始新的生活吧
Make a new start for yourself.
你会找到那个关心你的人
You could still find someone who will care for you, who…
会对你忠贞 不会
who’ll be loyal, and who won’t…
会对你诚实
Who’ll, be faithful.
啊。
Ah.
嗯。
Hmm.
我们..。
We…
我们从初次见面就不合适
we were incompatible from the moment we met.
尽管当时我俩都没有意识到
Although, neither of us realised that at the time.
当然,劳拉,呃..。
Of course, Laura was, uh…
只有22岁。
was only 22 years of age.
我们都需要爱但那是不同的爱
We both required love, but of different kinds.
截然不同的两个世界
Worlds apart.
截然不同的两个世界
Worlds apart.
所以还不算太惨
So it’s not really very tragic
或者不正常。
or abnormal.
问题只是不满足的妻子
Just the problem of a dissatisfied wife
和不称职的丈夫
and an inadequate husband.
这通常是闹剧的题材
Often, I believe, a subject for Faust.
我能帮上什么忙吗
Is there anything I can do to help you?
我想帮你。
I’d like to help… you.
别选择站队
Yes, don’t take sides.
这太不合适了。
It’s so very unbecoming.
怎么样?
How was that?
是的,嘿。
Yeah, hey.
你看到了吗,安德鲁?
Did you see that, Andrew?
112次没有出局
112, not out, Fletcher,
弗莱彻23次得了7分
and seven for 23.
学生队出局
Skimmed out the school.
出局了
Skimmed them out.
让我来吧。
Let me do that.
你忘了带塔普洛的礼物
You left Taplow’s present behind.
我把它放在你的书房♥了。
I put it in your study.
谢谢你。