我们要让她来个大冒险 过真正的生活
We’re going to put her on a grand adventure, bring her to life.
让她发芽
She needs sprouting.
这是你的计划 对吧
So this is the big plan, huh?
用一个难以捉摸的漂亮妞来让我回头
Lure me back in with some beautiful, intriguing, elusive girl.
我说真的 史蒂芬 这招太业余了
Seriously, Stephen. Amateur night.
我可没说我答应了 但用什么骗局呢
I’m not saying yes, but what’s the con?
实际上非常简单 我们俩是兄弟 是古董商
It’s actually pretty simple. We’re brothers, antiquities dealers.
我们乘蒸汽船环游世界
We’re traveling the world by steamer ship.
给她来个假死然后一走了之
Bang! Give her the old cackle-bladder and the brush-off.
就这样在墨西哥结束
And that’s how it ends in Mexico,
突发暴♥力♥事件 然后在海滩上就是关键时刻
Burst of violence, then a moment of truth on the beach.
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
你早有准备了
You got something up your sleeve.
跟我有关 对吧 从某个方面来说
This is about me, right? Somehow.
这事你可能不知道
Now, this might not be something that you know,
但确实和你有关系
But they’ve all been about you.
也许这就是一直不完美的原因
Maybe that’s why they’ve none been perfect,
因为我从来都没给过你真正想要的
Because I’ve never been able to give you what you really wanted.
这也不算是给我想要的
This isn’t gonna give me what I want.
这是最后一次了
This will be the last one.
然后你就放我走吧
You’ll let me go.
我不会再叫你骗人了
I’ll never ask you to do another con again.
给他找辆自行车
Make it a schwinn.
布鲁姆与佩内洛普相遇
Bloom meet Penelope
接触目标也不用这么痛苦的方法啊
There are less painful ways to cut into a mark, you know.
7.9分及格
Score to beat is 7.9.
集中精力 这位日本裁判可是很严厉的
Keep your head in the game. The Japanese judge is very tough.
这还是香蕉形的车座呢 老兄
This is a banana seat, man!
别装无辜
Don’t give me that blank look,
你知道香蕉形车座有多讨厌的
You know what a goddamn banana seat is.
该死
Shit.
该死
Shit!
其实干这件事是有窍门的
There’s actually a knack to this.
如果你想迅速抓住目标人物的同情心
If you’re trying to fast track into a mark’s sympathies,
没有什么比你被送到医院
There’s nothing quite as effective
躺在病床上的第一次对话
As having your first conversation
更有效的了
Be from a hospital bed they put you in.
什么 少来了
What? Oh, come on.
其实我认为这是件好事 我来告诉你为什么
I actually think this is kind of a great thing, and I’ll tell you why.
陀斯妥耶夫斯基曾经是癫痫症患者
Dostoevsky was an epileptic.
诱因常常是启发之后的喜悦
His seizures were preceded by an enlightened euphoria,
好像是被打开了心灵之眼
A sort of opening of his spiritual eye.
在她发病之前她正好看见了你的脸
I think the fact that she saw your face the instant before a seizure
这可真是个好的开端啊 不是吗
Is a pretty goddamn good foot to start things off on, right?
下一步是
The next step,
想方设法让自己融入她的生活
Is to figure out a way to insinuate yourself into their personal life.
他们把车弄走了 你能开车送我回家吗
I think they took my car. Could you drive me home?
-好的 -好
– Yeah. – Okay.
我要去…
I’m gonna…
第三步 了解
Step three, engagement.
通过交谈与猎物找到共通处
Find a connection with your mark through conversation.
被邀请喝咖啡 告诉她整个故事
Get invited in for coffee. Tell them the full tale.
下套
Set your hook.
我们两个是相依为命长大的
…didn’t really have anyone except each other growing up,
我们的父亲曾经在查尔斯顿经营古董生意
And our father was in the antique business. He had a shop in Charleston.
我们一直没意识到 直到有一天
We realized one day we saw the dealers
商人把他们找到的古董卖♥♥给我们
Who were finding and selling us the antiques
来自异国的古董
Coming from exotic countries,
世界各地的…
Around the world, and…
下雨之前 空气会…
The air would, like,
离子会排列起来
Before a rain, you know, the ions would line up,
然后你就能透过空气的味道
And you could just
闻到午夜去巴黎的火车的味道
Smell midnight trains to Paris
还有蒸汽船和加尔各答的市集 还有…
And steamer ships and Calcutta bazaars, and…
可以…打扰一下 抱歉…
It could… excuse me, I’m sorry, uh…
-你还好吗 -好啊
– Are you okay? – Yeah!
-对不起 -没事的
– Sorry. – Okay. All right.
我不善于和别人谈话
I’m really bad at talking to people.
没关系的
That’s okay.
你要我走吗
You want me to go?
不 不 我真的挺想和你聊天的
No. No, I really want to talk to you.
那…
So…
你一般都会干什么呢
What kind of stuff do you do?
没什么 也许你该走了
Nothing. Maybe you should go.
好吧 等我喝完…
All right, I’ll just finish my…
我收集各种爱好
I collect hobbies.
如果觉得别人干的事好玩
I see someone doing something I like,
我就会买♥♥书 然后学习怎么做
And I get books and I learn how to do it.
有什么有意思的事吗
Anything interesting?
没有
Not really.
像是一种病 感染了一个又一个人…
Like he had a disease he robbed another and another and a…
我觉得这太危险了
I really am not comfortable with this at all.
我抛起右边的电锯…
I throw my right chainsaw…
电锯正在转动 我把它扔到空中然后接住
This is a running chainsaw. …into the air and I will catch.
这些你都是自学的?
You just learn this stuff here by yourself?
挺悲哀的吧
Kind of sad?
不
No.
那你计划怎么使用你这些技能呢
So, how do you plan to use all these skills?
不知道 我不善于计划 我只是一直在做
I don’t know. I’m not a planner. I just do stuff.
你看 看这个西瓜 其实是个针孔相机
Like, look at this watermelon. It’s a pinhole camera.
只要是中空深色的 都可以做针孔相机
You can make a pinhole camera out of anything hollow and dark.
这个会使图像变形的 对吧
It’s gotta warp the image though, right?
是 确实是
Yeah, yeah it does.
我是说 那才是好玩的地方呢
I mean, that’s what’s good about it.
你可以让这个家伙
I mean, you could point this baby
对着所有不起眼的小物件
At the most menial, everyday little thing,
像是织物 或者是你的…
Like the fabric, or your…
你的脸 什么都行
Your face, or anything,
根据针孔相机的感光程度
And depending on how the pinhole eats the light,
会变得扭曲或是奇怪 不完整或是零散的
It’s gonna be warped and peculiar and imperfect and odd,
这些都是无法复♥制♥的
And it’s not gonna be reproduction,
每张照片都在讲述着故事
It’s storytelling.
像是一个说真话的谎言
It’s a lie that tells the truth.
我不知道真♥相♥什么的
I don’t know about truths.
照片是讲述秘密的秘密
A photograph is a secret about a secret.
它告诉你的越多 你发现你知道的就越少
The more it tells you, less you know.
现在和20分钟前发生了什么改变
What’s changed between now and 20 minutes ago?
我们已经开始交谈了
‘Cause this is sort of like a conversation.
真该死
Well, shit.
把我的车票扔出窗外
Throw my ticket out the window
把我的行李箱也扔出去
Throw my suitcase out there, too
把我的烦恼全都抛到门外
Throw my troubles out the door
我不再需要它们
I don’t need them anymore
因为今夜我将与你一起
‘Cause tonight I’ll be staying here with you
我该…
I should…
很晚了
It’s late.
-那个… -那个…
– So… – So…
通过我的工作 我认识了很多人
I meet a lot of people in my job
我不得不装作对他们很感兴趣的样子
I have to professionally act interested in.
能对一个人真的感兴趣的感觉真好
It’s a good feeling to be genuinely interested in someone.
你要走了吗
Are you leaving?
是啊
Yeah.
还会回来吗
Coming back?
我下次来这儿的时候吧
Well, next time I’m in town.
明天中午我们会乘蒸汽船离开
We’re taking a steamer at noon tomorrow off the docks,
会去大♥陆♥几个月
To the continent for a few months.
巴黎啊 希腊啊 应该是
Paris and Greece, I think.
我要去买♥♥顶帽子
I’ve got to get a hat.
谢谢你教我做针孔相机
Well, thanks for the pinhole camera demonstration.
还有很美好的对话
And the good conversation.